What happens in Vegas... we'll share with you all here! (+ a giveaway!)

Hey all,

I'm excited to share that SFF Network will have our largest-ever crew on-location at CES 2019 this week! As the conference progresses, be sure to check out the forum and SFF Network for updates from us as we prowl the show floor, looking for what's next in the SFF space (and maybe-probably-definitely getting into the occasional shenanigans).

In celebration of the exciting week to come, I'd also like to kick off what is probably our biggest giveaway to date! On the workshop table we have a collection of pretty solid gear to give out, including:

One (1)
Silverstone CS280 NAS chassis... for that 60TB media library you've always wanted but never had the room for.

Two (2)
Silverstone SX650-G PSUs... for a new SFF build that's truly without compromise.

One (1)
Corsair h115i RGB Platinum 280mm AIO... for people without taste. Erm, I mean, for people who like lights and colors and stuff, I guess. No judgement here.

One (1)
Noctua C14S... For efficient-as-hell cooling, whether you care about performance or acoustics.

One (1)
ASRock X399m... For when 16 cores just isn't enough.

To enter the giveaway, simply share in this thread what you're looking forward to this year – be it SFF related or not! Standard T's and C's apply below. We will draw one winner for each of the prizes sometime next week. Entries will be closed on Friday, January 11, 2019 at 11:59 EST.

Giveaway is open worldwide, except where prohibited. No purchase is necessary to enter. Shipping will be paid for by SFF Network, a division of Minutiae Media. Any taxes or Customs charges are the responsibility of the winner. Minutiae Media reserves the right to send the prize without tracking at winner's risk if shipping costs an arm and a leg. No hardware other than what's specified is included. Standard terms and conditions apply.

Boil

SFF Guru
Nov 11, 2015
I'm waiting a new APU stronger than 2400g to use in my Chopin.

Would you consider a 8 liter chassis for an APU build; keeping in mind the 8 liters would let you either go air-cooled with a C-14S, or water-cooled with a custom loop & 140mm radiator...?

The Ryzen 3000 APUs. For a brickless ITX that doesn't s**k

Would love to see a sort of overlapping SKU that has a 8 core / 16 thread chiplet & a Vega 56 class iGPU (w/HBM2 on the package)...

The HEDT / Enthusiast APU...!

I'm really looking forward for the Ryzen 3000 (desktop) APU's. And also some new monitors (hopefully UHD/HDR/32"/120mHz)

That 27" Samsung Space Monitor is looking pretty interesting...!

looking forward to new heavy overclocking AM4 mini itx boards with negative offset for voltage. MSI has the best VRM right now but has this option disabled for some reason?

Only real issue with the MSI B450 ITX motherboard is the lack of Fan Headers...

And it needs better BIOS inregards to using / overclocking APUs...

I'd really hope AMD will put out a killer SFF Navi card..or anything that's not using a wide PCB...current Strix RX580 is choking my system in the ncase M1..

I also would really, Really, REALLY love to see some Navi Nano cards...! Maybe even some straight from the factory with a single slot full cover waterblock already installed...!

There's a lot to get excited about but most of all I'm looking forward to all the new builds that will happen with recently announced and yet-to-be announced products. Ryzen 3000, M.2 graphics, anyone doing any LattePanda builds?

Wait, what...? They got M.2 GPUs now...?!?

Waiting on that AMD keynote, is it Wednesday yet...?!? ;^p

Reactions: el01

B14CKB1RD

Average Stuffer
Dec 7, 2017
Like many, looking forward to a new AMD Ryzen 3 CPUs and of course the Navi GPUs! Hopefully they make NV run for their money...

Tossy

Average Stuffer
May 3, 2018
@Boil I've got a 24" right now and want more than 27". I would really enjoy more desktop space when doing data analysis (and to be honest for gaming too :D)

smitty2k1

King of Cable Management
Dec 3, 2016
I'm looking forward to a new low profile GPU to usurp the 1050ti and a new APU to usurp the 2400g.

VegetableStu

Shrink Ray Wielder
Aug 18, 2016
hey uhh someone check in with Coolermaster? o_o they're outing a Q500L and all I can think of is "how does it stack up to Cerberus-X?"

Kooki

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 30, 2016
I'm looking forward to see all the build logs on all those unreleased chassis projects around the sff forum! 8D

Flumper Dinkle

Trash Compacter
Feb 26, 2018
Wait, what...? They got M.2 GPUs now...?!?
As mentioned above it's not a proper GPU. But I'm hoping that someone out there will be able to get us to that stage. We already have people using PCIE-M.2 adapters in some cases so I'd love to see the middle man cut out and have a GPU plug directly into the M.2 slot.

Popstar

Chassis Packer
Feb 13, 2016
I almost bought a new TV during the holiday shopping season but decided to wait for 2019 models. So I'm looking forward to seeing what there is for that.

I also have an SG10 case I'm thinking of using as the basis for a workstation - possibly Threadripper - build and am awaiting AMD's Zen 2 announcements.

oreg

Chassis Packer
Nov 27, 2017
I am looking forward to an announcement of AMD, hopefully confirming some of the rumors and bringing back a little more competition and pricing pressure into the graphic card market. Also lurking for new SFF cases as well as new pre-built SFF systems manufacturers are coming up with.

el01

King of Cable Management
Jun 4, 2018
Looking forward to new layouts and some innovations upon old ones! Also looking forward to AMD presence in STX, and perhaps NAS devices!

mekky

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jul 20, 2015
Looking forward to all the home automation devices + integrations coming through, especially as we're just about to knockdown our house to be rebuilt.

Reactions: el01