What happens in Vegas... we'll share with you all here! (+ a giveaway!)

Hey all,

I'm excited to share that SFF Network will have our largest-ever crew on-location at CES 2019 this week! As the conference progresses, be sure to check out the forum and SFF Network for updates from us as we prowl the show floor, looking for what's next in the SFF space (and maybe-probably-definitely getting into the occasional shenanigans).

In celebration of the exciting week to come, I'd also like to kick off what is probably our biggest giveaway to date! On the workshop table we have a collection of pretty solid gear to give out, including:

One (1)
Silverstone CS280 NAS chassis... for that 60TB media library you've always wanted but never had the room for.

Two (2)
Silverstone SX650-G PSUs... for a new SFF build that's truly without compromise.

One (1)
Corsair h115i RGB Platinum 280mm AIO... for people without taste. Erm, I mean, for people who like lights and colors and stuff, I guess. No judgement here.

One (1)
Noctua C14S... For efficient-as-hell cooling, whether you care about performance or acoustics.

One (1)
ASRock X399m... For when 16 cores just isn't enough.

To enter the giveaway, simply share in this thread what you're looking forward to this year – be it SFF related or not! Standard T's and C's apply below. We will draw one winner for each of the prizes sometime next week. Entries will be closed on Friday, January 11, 2019 at 11:59 EST.

Giveaway is open worldwide, except where prohibited. No purchase is necessary to enter. Shipping will be paid for by SFF Network, a division of Minutiae Media. Any taxes or Customs charges are the responsibility of the winner. Minutiae Media reserves the right to send the prize without tracking at winner's risk if shipping costs an arm and a leg. No hardware other than what's specified is included. Standard terms and conditions apply.

Tossy

Average Stuffer
May 3, 2018
I'm really looking forward for the Ryzen 3000 (desktop) APU's. And also some new monitors (hopefully UHD/HDR/32"/120mHz)

TheHig

King of Cable Management
Oct 13, 2016
Looking forward to another great year for SFFn and hopefully a 12 core cpu upgrade if Ryzen3k leaks are true.

Reactions: owliwar

owliwar

Master of Cramming
Lazer3D
Apr 7, 2017
looking foward to new heavy overclocking AM4 mini itx boards with negative offset for voltage. MSI has the best VRM right now but has this option disabled for some reason?

If the new ryzen cpus are as good as they sound like, I'm really looking to get at least a 12c 24t processor for my next rig
damm that would be awesome

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
Almost forgot about Intel's KF Coffee Lake processors. Really curious to see if the price will actually be more reasonable and if the thermal performance is better than the K series.

Raptor_N60

Caliper Novice
Nov 5, 2018
I'd really hope AMD will put out a killer SFF Navi card..or anything that's not using a wide PCB...current Strix RX580 is choking my system in the ncase M1..

Rikardo

Cable Smoosher
Dec 22, 2018
I'm looking for a new SFF case that would be small but fit my MSI GTX 1080ti Gaming X :) Might "settle" for a Ncase M1 though

aquelito

King of Cable Management
Piccolo PC
Feb 16, 2016
Expecting a truly single slot waterblocks for the MSI Aero RTX 2070.
And a new low profile CPU waterblock for LGA 1151.

rosinbole

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jan 18, 2018
www.instagram.com
I'm looking forward to my next build XD And maybe another revision of @Josh | NFC -'s s4 case °•° I'd like to see what ideas he's been brewing on since the launch of his s4m ;)

Not so much else, really. I've settled on a hardware combination which'll probably last me for a couple of years if either nothing totally revolutionary comes out or I break something (the last of which is probably more likely to be honest)...

newtothegame

Average Stuffer
Sep 1, 2018
Very glad to read about the increasing SFF community representation, hope you guys have fun, thanks a lot for the giveaway!

I'm as eager as anybody else to learn about AMD's updated roadmap and new products. Also, it'd be very nice to see new improved monitors with more features and at a more affordable prices.

Legion

Airflow Optimizer
Nov 22, 2017
AMD Keynote mostly. I don't expect much from a 1 hour Keynote speech but for people that don't know AMD also have 3 booths at the show and 2 event spaces. I just want see them talking about 7nm class products, I honestly don't expect more than that until later in the year!

I'm also looking forward to seeing the 2019 line of 4k TV's with HDMI 2.1 and VRR, that's a game changer that will make monitor makers up their game considerably!

I want to see the SFF Lab lineup too ofc, I can't wait to see what you have to show us :)
The show only gets going Weds after the Keynote, all we've seen so far is teasers, so if you think it's been pretty crap so far hang tight all you've seen so far is what the press had access to, there is a lot more to come ;)

Last edited:

Flumper Dinkle

Trash Compacter
Feb 26, 2018
There's a lot to get excited about but most of all I'm looking forward to all the new builds that will happen with recently announced and yet-to-be announced products. Ryzen 3000, M.2 graphics, anyone doing any LattePanda builds?

Ross Siggers

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 10, 2018
SFF wise, I am looking at completing my first, and probably my most ambitious sff build! :eek:

I've not explicitly said what it is posting on these forums, but it's an i7, discreet GPU build in a Dreamcast case; There's sub-3L of room to work with, and I'm trying to keep it as sleeper as possible.

Otherwise, hoping for a career change this year, and once my car is back on the road, plenty more track days :cool:

BaK

King of Cable Management
Bronze Supporter
May 17, 2016
I am looking forward to the cheapest 780ti I can buy in order to test my about to come cooler prototype! Already missed 2 opportunities to get one around $100... :\

Thanx a lot for the giveaway and the CES coverage!