What happens in Vegas... we'll share with you all here! (+ a giveaway!)

Hey all,

I'm excited to share that SFF Network will have our largest-ever crew on-location at CES 2019 this week! As the conference progresses, be sure to check out the forum and SFF Network for updates from us as we prowl the show floor, looking for what's next in the SFF space (and maybe-probably-definitely getting into the occasional shenanigans).

In celebration of the exciting week to come, I'd also like to kick off what is probably our biggest giveaway to date! On the workshop table we have a collection of pretty solid gear to give out, including:

One (1)
Silverstone CS280 NAS chassis... for that 60TB media library you've always wanted but never had the room for.

Two (2)
Silverstone SX650-G PSUs... for a new SFF build that's truly without compromise.

One (1)
Corsair h115i RGB Platinum 280mm AIO... for people without taste. Erm, I mean, for people who like lights and colors and stuff, I guess. No judgement here.

One (1)
Noctua C14S... For efficient-as-hell cooling, whether you care about performance or acoustics.

One (1)
ASRock X399m... For when 16 cores just isn't enough.

To enter the giveaway, simply share in this thread what you're looking forward to this year – be it SFF related or not! Standard T's and C's apply below. We will draw one winner for each of the prizes sometime next week. Entries will be closed on Friday, January 11, 2019 at 11:59 EST.

Giveaway is open worldwide, except where prohibited. No purchase is necessary to enter. Shipping will be paid for by SFF Network, a division of Minutiae Media. Any taxes or Customs charges are the responsibility of the winner. Minutiae Media reserves the right to send the prize without tracking at winner's risk if shipping costs an arm and a leg. No hardware other than what's specified is included. Standard terms and conditions apply.

NinoPecorino

Tweezer Squeezer
Platinum Supporter
Nov 24, 2017
i'm hoping we get a glimpse of new itx motherboards. i was really impressed with asrock's z390 phantom and i can't wait to see what they have in store for amd.

Reactions: annasoh323

Boil

SFF Guru
Nov 11, 2015
Looking forward to what AMD is going to announce (torn between a Ryzen 5 3600 CPU & Radeon RX 3080 GPU, or just a Ryzen 5 3600G APU; either way, I NEED these new Navi GPUs to come in true ITX format)......!

Would love, Love, LOVE a chance at the Noctua NH-C14S...!!

Would not turn away the ASRock X399M motherboard though...!!!

Last edited:

Biowarejak

Maker of Awesome | User 1615
Platinum Supporter
Mar 6, 2017
Glad y'all are going to be there! Looking forward to the coverage :)

enricko7

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 12, 2018
Hey all,

I'm excited to share that SFF Network will have our largest-ever crew on-location at CES 2019 this week! As the conference progresses, be sure to check out the forum and SFF Network for updates from us as we prowl the show floor, looking for what's next in the SFF space (and maybe-probably-definitely getting into the occasional shenanigans).

In celebration of the exciting week to come, I'd also like to kick off what is probably our biggest giveaway to date! On the workshop table we have a collection of pretty solid gear to give out, including:

One (1)
Silverstone CS280 NAS chassis... for that 60TB media library you've always wanted but never had the room for.

Two (2)
Silverstone SX650-G PSUs... for a new SFF build that's truly without compromise.

One (1)
Corsair h115i RGB Platinum 280mm AIO... for people without taste. Erm, I mean, for people who like lights and colors and stuff, I guess. No judgement here.

One (1)
Noctua C14S... For efficient-as-hell cooling, whether you care about performance or acoustics.

One (1)
ASRock X399m... For when 16 cores just isn't enough.

To enter the giveaway, simply share in this thread what you're looking forward to this year – be it SFF related or not! Standard T's and C's apply below. We will draw one winner for each of the prizes sometime next week. Entries will be closed on Friday, January 11, 2019 at 11:59 EST.

Giveaway is open worldwide, except where prohibited. No purchase is necessary to enter. Shipping will be paid for by SFF Network, a division of Minutiae Media. Any taxes or Customs charges are the responsibility of the winner. Minutiae Media reserves the right to send the prize without tracking at winner's risk if shipping costs an arm and a leg. No hardware other than what's specified is included. Standard terms and conditions apply.

AMD announcements are always welcome but I have already gotten the news I wanted. Cooler Master teased a low profile cherry switch keyboard last year, and per Tom's hardware there is a release timeframe with pricing. A bit more pricy than I had hoped (TKL for $140? Woof), but you get Bluetooth wireless/detachable usb-c wired capability, with rgb for the lighting inclined. Looking forward to a very low-profile keyboard later this year.

blisscalintz

Caliper Novice
Jan 20, 2017
Looking forward to building a new PC. Had to sell my old build to cover our newborns hospital expenses. Finally got the wife's approval to build a new one!!

kittysox

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 8, 2017
Super glad you guys are going to be covering things from a sff point of view. Really looking forward to it

Reactions: Drnrcr

annasoh323

Master of Cramming
Apr 4, 2018
Scrolling through other folks' replies reminded me of a few things, including the Corsair SF750. Always looking to see what ITX cases are coming out in the mainstream (it's hard to convince people to buy the kinds of cases we crazy folks normally seem to get). Still, all eyes are on AMD after those crazy leaks, both CPU and GPU.

nick_w

Caliper Novice
Jun 13, 2017
I'm looking forward to amd's announcement, if the leaks are true 16 cores on desktop would be cool, also new am4 mitx motherboards.
oh and the noctua c14 looks like the perfect cooler.:)

VegetableStu

Shrink Ray Wielder
Aug 18, 2016
got a few guilty confessions:
  • might have fancied the e-ink keyboard a little when i heard of it ._. if only it wasn't so tacky looking
  • was a bit looking forward to someone heading to Corsair's suite/booth on sunday ._. then again they might not be open or no reviewers were in the area yet
  • I'm running a CES megathread over at LTTf. i hope this doesn't sour our relationship ¡-¡ (I'll be including SFFN's coverage!)
  • mostly looking forward to AMD's keynote. Nvidia surprised everyone this year (in terms of CES announcements). Intel I'm missing out right now because I'm working with a friend ,_,
  • ..... really eyeing that X399m ,_, winning it would afford me a better CPU, but not winning it would allow me to wait and see if Asrock would be doing anything to replace the board for this year's TR

Reactions: Solo

teodoro

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 8, 2018
Looking forward to spending 1-6 months convincing myself my current case fulfills all my needs before failing and buying something shiny and new

dealda

Trash Compacter
Oct 20, 2018
I am mostly interested in new Amd annoucements and hopefully some new low profile coolers.

chyll2

Master of Cramming
Jun 27, 2018
I am fairly excited about AMD announcement. They have been in a very strong position recently and I want them to continue.

Other things I'm interested are the potential SFF PC case