What games are you playing?

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
It's excellent, outside of the regular crashes, bugs and rampant scamming. If you somehow envision a perfect 100% true to the original game, you're going to be dissapointed by this 99% true remaster.

LeChuck81

SFF Lingo Aficionado
May 6, 2019
'80 here ... so you experienced Monkey Island first hand 😁
As everyone back in the days, a pirate version on my Amiga 500! 😅
But, hey, I bought the Thimbleweed Park's physical edition, I got a genuine, Ron Gilbert's approved, "Absolution of Guilt"! 🤣

Anyone tried the new revision of Diablo 2? I looked forward to it, but after seeing some gameplay, I concluded that the graphical overhaul brought in some less than desired changes too. Character selection screen features horrendous female models and upon seeing the corrupted rogues death animation (some dog head escapes their body instead of their ghost) I concluded that perhaps it's better to skip it.

As I said, I'm enjoying D2R as it's the 2000 all over again and I'm grinding for loot for the first time. Can't complain at all of this remake, it's all that a Diablo 2 remake should be, imo.

Reactions: timginter

Neathdrawls

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 28, 2021
I installed it yesterday, free from Epic so why not. Apparently they have had over 5 million downloads.
Yeah same, got it from Epic. Installed the previous free game too, Europa Universalis 4 but decided on building a PC instead.

Although I always just head back to Mechwarrior Online for a quick game or two of mech combat.

AlexTSG

Master of Cramming
Jun 17, 2018
www.youtube.com
I started playing Valheim a few days ago. Pretty solid for an early access game, and one of the few I can play on my laptop with an RX570 eGPU.

I picked up a Corsair SF750 PSU yesterday, which was the last thing I needed to start my desktop PC build, so hopefully by next week I'll actually be able to start playing some of the more graphically intensive games I've been buying on Steam and Epic during the sales.

I'm leaning towards starting with Cyberpunk first, which I'm hoping is better with a year of patches, although I'm also looking forward to playing the Enhanced Metro Exodus too.

gffermari

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 7, 2017
A Plague Tale Innocence: I've started playing it yesterday. It looks great.
Death Stranding: I've been trying to finish it a few months now but I haven't managed to.
While it's a good game, I cannot stand playing it for more than 2-3 days continuously and always I put another game in between.
Cyberpunk 2077: I've completed it two weeks ago but I continued playing in order to see the other endings and do some of the easy achievements. Epic game. If it was more polished, like RDR2 for example, it would be a Masterpiece and one of the best games ever made.
Shadow of the Tomb Raider: That's next.

AlexTSG

Master of Cramming
Jun 17, 2018
www.youtube.com
Control is free until tomorrow on the Epic Games Store, although if you've been collecting the free games regularly, you might find you already have it.

I'll probably load it up on the new PC, just to see all the "RTX On" eye candy, although I think I'm more likely to benchmark it than play it in the near future.

Reactions: Valantar

AlexTSG

Master of Cramming
Jun 17, 2018
www.youtube.com
Googled "Enhanced Metro Exodus". Saw minimum requirements.

Sobbing in the corner of my room...

Yeah, I'm just hoping to get around 60fps at 3840x1600 on an RTX 3080.

I was reading rumors today regarding the next gen RTX 4080/90 cards being built on 5nm and having 150% of the TFLOPS of the RTX 3090. Even in the unlikely event that we get 150% increase in framerates, that's only going to get you up around the 144Hz that 4K displays can already do, on a game that's going to be 2+ years old by then.

Hopefully the rumors of up to 650W power draw for an RTX 4080/90 aren't true, or they won't be very SFF friendly either.

In more current gaming news, if the free game on Epic today (in about 30min) is Salt and Sanctuary, then there's a very good chance that the final free game tomorrow will be the complete Tomb Raider trilogy!

ignsvn

By Toutatis!
SFFn Staff
Apr 4, 2016
Yeah, I'm just hoping to get around 60fps at 3840x1600 on an RTX 3080.

I was reading rumors today regarding the next gen RTX 4080/90 cards being built on 5nm and having 150% of the TFLOPS of the RTX 3090. Even in the unlikely event that we get 150% increase in framerates, that's only going to get you up around the 144Hz that 4K displays can already do, on a game that's going to be 2+ years old by then.

Hopefully the rumors of up to 650W power draw for an RTX 4080/90 aren't true, or they won't be very SFF friendly either.

In more current gaming news, if the free game on Epic today (in about 30min) is Salt and Sanctuary, then there's a very good chance that the final free game tomorrow will be the complete Tomb Raider trilogy!

Haha naah I actually game on 1080p, no issue with my current mainstream GPUs (which is a 1660s)

That said, I wouldn't mind a new story in the Metro universe :)

Reactions: AlexTSG

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
It is indeed Tomb Raider. I have had all 3 since they released and definitely worth picking up if you don't have them. First one of the series is still my favorite.

Kommando

Average Stuffer
Dec 19, 2020
I'm running the Mechs now!

It indeed paid off to wait with MW5 Mercenaries. Now you get everything for only 26 €, plus there's a shitton of very good mods which complete the game. I'm off! Have to rescue some planets! :)

findingmyfeet

Trash Compacter
Bronze Supporter
Feb 23, 2021
Currently playing Vanguard and Warzone a fair bit. Chugging out a playable 60 FPS at 1080p, much higher with FSR running. Not that the FPS matters much as I'm on a dog of a monitor right now.