What games are you playing?

SiKiaTriK

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 28, 2019
After a year dedicated to The Witcher 3 (+ 2 DLC) I've started The Outer Worlds. I don't know if I like it yet... it feels a bit "plain" in comparison.
I also have Nier Automata on standby and after that I intend to play Jedi Fallen Order, Rise of the Tomb Raider and maybe some CoD to give time to the people of CDPR to fix Cyberpunk and the prices to drop a bit maybe.

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
After a year dedicated to The Witcher 3 (+ 2 DLC) I've started The Outer Worlds. I don't know if I like it yet... it feels a bit "plain" in comparison.
I played The Outer Worlds recently, I liked it but it surely became less interesting past the first 3 hours of play. While it's not that dissimilar to Fallout in gameplay loops, it doesn't help that many weapons, armor and mods feel useless and about halfway in, every asset is being repurposed as a higher tier of the same item. I did like the game, but it missed some unique gameplay elements to make it shine. It's good for the regular price and at a discount it's a good buy if you like Fallout games.

SiKiaTriK

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 28, 2019
it doesn't help that many weapons, armor and mods feel useless and about halfway in, every asset is being repurposed as a higher tier of the same item. I did like the game, but it missed some unique gameplay elements to make it shine.
Right? It's always nice to loot a bunch of weapons and items but this time it didn't give me much sense of a purpose. The "health" items like food and stuff have absolutely no appealing. Also the weapons as you said, same model, higher level but that's it. despite being a 1st person game it gives me very low "combat feeling" imho. I don't know if it's the colours, the atmosphere or what but i can't "believe" the game if you know what I mean. After all the troubles to repair The Unreliable it was quite of a down not being able to control her and just teleport to your destination... I'll give it some more hours but it's being a bit meh. 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: Phuncz

Bubba

Average Stuffer
Nov 4, 2019
smallformfactor.net
I am currently playing Fallout 76. Paid $7 a few weeks ago on steam sale. It often goes on sale.
Be sure to install Falloutb76 to SSD because the map is huge and loads on the fly.

youtube.com/watch?v=sKrLjE3p3tY

Reactions: Phuncz

Revenant

Christopher Moine - Senior Editor SFF.N
Revenant Tech
SFFn Staff
Apr 21, 2017
Still playing Battlefield 1...every night. Love that game.

Otherwise, I loaded up the original Quake 1. Still fun. LOL.

Reactions: Amonchakai

Arboreal

King of Cable Management
Silver Supporter
Oct 11, 2015
Too much PUBG still...
The game really has developed a lot since I started on 'this stupid game with only one map'.
Each map gives the game its own unique play dynamic in a way that CoD for example, doesn't.
We have a team of 5, so there's usually enough for a full squad.

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
My Doom experience was on the Sega 32X. Our computer at the time was a 16mhz Mac LC which was actually small form factor LOL.
Damn I used to have the 32X along with the CD Rom for my Sega, I think Doom was about the only decent game for 32X.

Reactions: Revenant

Revenant

Revenant Tech
SFFn Staff
Apr 21, 2017
Damn I used to have the 32X along with the CD Rom for my Sega, I think Doom was about the only decent game for 32X.
I still have a working set in my retro collection.

Doom was probably the best game for it. Compared to the Jaguar and SNES versions, it ran much smoother. Virtua Racing was pretty good too. You know, they're selling a new printing of a 32X CD game.... Night Trap.

Reactions: rfarmer

ignsvn

By Toutatis!
SFFn Staff
Apr 4, 2016
Metro Exodus on Game Plus mode. Trying to get the good ending & thus must resist the urge to blast my railgun in every direction.

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
I still have a working set in my retro collection.

Doom was probably the best game for it. Compared to the Jaguar and SNES versions, it ran much smoother. Virtua Racing was pretty good too. You know, they're selling a new printing of a 32X CD game.... Night Trap.
I used to have a TurboGrafx 16 with the optional CD Rom well before anyone else was offering them, plus my Sega with all accessories. Sold them both many, many years ago. Damn wish I still had them now.

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
Metro Exodus on Game Plus mode. Trying to get the good ending & thus must resist the urge to blast my railgun in every direction.
Due to some family emergency matter, I have not played for the past 6 months. Was playing Wolfenstein II.
Now, after CNY, I will go back to finish it.
Then, it is either Metro Exodus or Prey. Most probably will start Metro Exodus as I played the previous ones and so might follow the story of Artyom.

Revenant

Revenant Tech
SFFn Staff
Apr 21, 2017
I used to have a TurboGrafx 16 with the optional CD Rom well before anyone else was offering them, plus my Sega with all accessories. Sold them both many, many years ago. Damn wish I still had them now.

Consoles are the original SFF gaming machines. 😁

I have virtually every mainstream console made and a 36inch Trinitron TV to play them on. I was playing PS2 Ratchet and Clank the other day, and also have a launch 360 hooked up to stream modern stuff to the old TV. Animation looks great on it.

My old consoles are ready to go, but I use them sparingly. Emulators are “good enough” for casual play. However, when my childhood friends visit, we break out the real SNES/Dreamcast/ SATURN and play games as they were meant to be played.

ignsvn

By Toutatis!
SFFn Staff
Apr 4, 2016
Due to some family emergency matter, I have not played for the past 6 months. Was playing Wolfenstein II.
Now, after CNY, I will go back to finish it.
Then, it is either Metro Exodus or Prey. Most probably will start Metro Exodus as I played the previous ones and so might follow the story of Artyom.

Haha same here, I play sparingly - family & work commitments take most of my times.

I played both Metro 2033 & Metro Last Light & really enjoyed the glommy apocalyptic settings in underground metro - it's just natural that I proceed with Exodus :)

Keep open mind tho as the weapon slot system on Exodus is a bit different from the previous two.

Last edited:

SiKiaTriK

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 28, 2019
Well, I finally got tired of The Outer Worlds and started playing Tomb Raider (wich is, in fact, my very first tomb raider saga game ever!) So far it's very nice: the exploring part, upgrading my survival tools and the "platform" approach of the game. I also intend to play the other two games after this one (Rise & Shadow). Is there any advice for me?