What games are you playing?

loader963

King of Cable Management
Jan 21, 2017
Fired up RPCS3 and put a couple dozen hours in Kingdom Hearts over my long weekend. This was a magical game that still plays well today in my opinion.

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Surviving Mars was finally getting enough positive reviews and at a price at which I dared to take the plunge. An interesting game but after 2 playthoughs I think I've seen most it has to offer. Still a good game for about 10-20 credits.

Reactions: loader963

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Back to Factorio then ? ?‍♂️?‍♀️
Haven't touched it in months as I'm waiting for 1.0 in August and I'm not having a lot of time to play games. I'm downloading Destiny 2 as there's a live event later today that I want to see and the new season starts next week. Hoping they downscale the boring grind as most of the gameplay.

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
Haven't touched it in months as I'm waiting for 1.0 in August and I'm not having a lot of time to play games. I'm downloading Destiny 2 as there's a live event later today that I want to see and the new season starts next week. Hoping they downscale the boring grind as most of the gameplay.
That's the never ending conundrum of MMOs and similar games: a lot of players demand enough "content" to be able to play for hours every day, yet are generally not willing to pay for what it would cost to develop that amount of quality content (if that would at all be possible) (in that case we would be talking significant subscription fees), and complain about having to grind. Finding a balance that keeps the studio afloat and players coming back seems to be a complete and utter nightmare. Some do seem to manage to find it though, but most mess up at some point.

Reactions: Phuncz

AlexTSG

Master of Cramming
Jun 17, 2018
www.youtube.com
ARK: Survival Evolved and a few expansion maps for it are free on the Epic Games Store from now until 18 June.

I quite enjoy survival games, so I'm going to give it a try over the weekend.

Reactions: loader963

annasoh323

Master of Cramming
Apr 4, 2018
ARK: Survival Evolved and a few expansion maps for it are free on the Epic Games Store from now until 18 June.

I quite enjoy survival games, so I'm going to give it a try over the weekend.
Oh? I'd maybe download it for free... Though survival games tend to stress me out more than not. My gaming group has been doing World War Z from when it was free on EGS.

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Recently, Satisfactory finally released Early Access on Steam and I jumped on it with my old save that has been a work in progress of about a year. This is after 300 hours in-game.

Reactions: TheHig and AlexTSG

AlexTSG

Master of Cramming
Jun 17, 2018
www.youtube.com
Recently, Satisfactory finally released Early Access on Steam and I jumped on it with my old save that has been a work in progress of about a year. This is after 300 hours in-game.

I've seen Satisfactory on the Epic Games Store for a while now. I thought it was the kind of game I might be able to sink a lot of hours into. Your 300 hours confirms that. ?

This one may need to wait till later in the year when I have some free time!

Reactions: Phuncz

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Satisfactory is more involved. To get something done in Factorio is many times easier and allows a lot more smart automation (with logic circuits). But Satisfactory is so beautiful and gives an infinite better sence of scale.

Reactions: PhilippNikko

Arboreal

King of Cable Management
Silver Supporter
Oct 11, 2015
I bought Strange Brigade in the Steam sale over the weekend as 2 LAN buddies have it, and there are only 4 of us at the moment.
New coop adventures to follow.

When LAN nights are running, we are usually 5 to 7 players, so we're limited to what we can play, as many multiplayer / coop shooters are 4 player only.

sff-build

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jun 28, 2020
sff-build.com
After a one year break I am just about to finish ELEX. I have a weakness for Piranha Bytes RPGs and I can't miss that, even if the setting is not my taste. Otherwise, Rocket League, Modern Warfare and Borderlands 2 in co-op mode. :D

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Same, though I'll wait on purchasing to see what the bugs and performance will be. I'll not be able to play it at launch anyway. But my GTX 1080 also looks peasant class if I intend to run this game in my screens native resolution of 3440x1440.

gffermari

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 7, 2017
Red Dead Redemption 2 - I hope finishing it during Christmas
I finished the last DLC of Control (AWE) some days ago

I was thinking to buy Death Stranding but Cyberpunk 2077 bombed out my gaming plans.