What games are you playing?

CottonTexas

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 14, 2019
Go ahead & laugh, but I'm still playing The Sims 2 :) Before I got stuck in laptop-mode, I was playing good ole' Skyrim on a borrowed Vista machine, and then Steam stole my game because they didn't like the OS :( Thank you Steam, you have made my life SOOO much better. Gonna try Linux Mint on my new build, and hope upon hope that I can get games like Fallout 4 up & running with all the mods I've come to find invaluable. These aren't exactly new titles, but I tend to play the games I love for decades.

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
I finished Divinity Original Sin a couple of weeks back (yeah, the backlog is very much real), ran through Borderlands (which I actually played when it was new, but entirely forgot) to refresh my memory before playing the new one at some point. Now I'm finally getting some time into Breath of the Wild. Also have to say I'm really impressed by how good that game is for a handheld release. Considering buying The Outer Worlds, but I'm very much in the "Don't want to play all these new games before I upgrade my GPU" hole. Should probably just bite the bullet and accept playing at something like 1440p medium.

Reactions: annasoh323

HottestVapes

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 13, 2018
I was left pretty disappointed with The Outer Worlds. Just lacks all the charm and wit I'd expect from an Obsidian game.

On the otherhand, I played Disco Elysium before TOW came out, and that completely floor me. Absolutely excellent writing, humour and oozed charm. Highly recommend it, it was worth every penny.

TheHig

King of Cable Management
Oct 13, 2016
Finished Outer Worlds also and it was plenty of fun but I’m not seeing it as something I’ll play through multiple times.

Disco Elysium is on the short list so thanks for the recommendation! I’ll move it up.

Burning up some time on the 3mos free Xbox game pass for PC that came with my 3900x. Outer Worlds for free was totally worth it lol. Next is Kingdom Come Deliverance which I have started. Pretty fun so far.

I’ll check out some other titles that are on game pass as well before it expires.

Reactions: AleksandarK

annasoh323

Master of Cramming
Apr 4, 2018
I finished Divinity Original Sin a couple of weeks back (yeah, the backlog is very much real), ran through Borderlands (which I actually played when it was new, but entirely forgot) to refresh my memory before playing the new one at some point. Now I'm finally getting some time into Breath of the Wild. Also have to say I'm really impressed by how good that game is for a handheld release. Considering buying The Outer Worlds, but I'm very much in the "Don't want to play all these new games before I upgrade my GPU" hole. Should probably just bite the bullet and accept playing at something like 1440p medium.
BOTW is great. You're not one of those emulator tweakers, are you? On the one hand, seeing those videos of modded BOTW at 4K 60fps is amazing. There's just something about playing it on the Switch, though (Wii U, yes, I know it's there too).

I jumped on the Destiny 2 bandwagon when it went FTP. Apparently, I have a friend who's into that game so he's been trying to help me out a bit. I don't have the time to do all the dailies that I know it has, so casual will have to do. Also revisited Dying Light for some of the community events. Amazing how the developers keep doing stuff for that game. By the same token, there isn't much of a better advertisement for DL2 than to be showing ongoing support for the older game.

HottestVapes

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 13, 2018
Finished Outer Worlds also and it was plenty of fun but I’m not seeing it as something I’ll play through multiple times.

Disco Elysium is on the short list so thanks for the recommendation! I’ll move it up.

Burning up some time on the 3mos free Xbox game pass for PC that came with my 3900x. Outer Worlds for free was totally worth it lol. Next is Kingdom Come Deliverance which I have started. Pretty fun so far.

I’ll check out some other titles that are on game pass as well before it expires.

Been meaning to get back into Kingdom Come. I got it when it released and played a few hours, but put it off until some patches came out to clean the game up a bit. I really liked the atmosphere of it though.

CottonTexas

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 14, 2019
Kingdom Come Deliverance is def. one that's on my list to try out hopefully sometime in the near future.

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
Nearing the end of The Outer Worlds. Like it quite a lot, even if I've played a few too many big RPGs lately and am getting rather tired of open worlds and fetch quests. Still, can't fault the story, world building or quest structures, and Obsidian have managed to craft a funny, interesting and engaging game overall. And given its relatively short length I might actually go for a second playthrough, which I pretty much never do. My backlog generally doesn't allow for that kind of stuff.

Reactions: rfarmer

nycalex

Average Stuffer
Nov 6, 2018
almost done with red dead redemption 2 PC. man, this game really pushes the system, looks breathtaking on ultrawide.
i got lucky in that my good old 8700k was not affected at all, ZERO crashes. smooth all the way.
going to start star wars jedi fallen order right after

Reactions: LostEnergy

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
almost done with red dead redemption 2 PC. man, this game really pushes the system, looks breathtaking on ultrawide.
i got lucky in that my good old 8700k was not affected at all, ZERO crashes. smooth all the way.
going to start star wars jedi fallen order right after
Wow, you must have been lucky indeed - I have only been tangentially interested in RDR2, but any idea of buying it went out the window when I heard of all the stability issues. Heck, I've been having intermittent crashes in TOW (in particular: when leaving the ship/loading levels), but nothing really bothersome. The things I've read about RDR2 have been quite horrible, though.

LostEnergy

Caliper Novice
Sep 25, 2019
RDR2 is on Stadia, though.

As for me, I'm currently exploring a kind of games: Gris, Night in the Woods, Journey (finished), Oxenfree.

In the hopes I find something that's as good as a good movie or art; something must change or remain once you put it aside.

Reactions: Weredawg

Weredawg

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 5, 2017
RDR2 is on Stadia, though.

As for me, I'm currently exploring a kind of games: Gris, Night in the Woods, Journey (finished), Oxenfree.

In the hopes I find something that's as good as a good movie or art; something must change or remain once you put it aside.

I LOVED Gris, and I enjoyed Oxenfree. Journey has been on my list for a long time and it's finally on PC so I'm picking that up when I have a machine that can run it, for reference I had to play Oxenfree at at 720p or lower, medium settings just to get like 30fps. And Night in the Woods is also on my list to check out.

LostEnergy

Caliper Novice
Sep 25, 2019
I LOVED Gris, and I enjoyed Oxenfree. Journey has been on my list for a long time and it's finally on PC so I'm picking that up when I have a machine that can run it, for reference I had to play Oxenfree at at 720p or lower, medium settings just to get like 30fps. And Night in the Woods is also on my list to check out.

Well, do share!

As for Gris – I like how it conveys a universal “experience” without resorting to words. Well, not really ‘universal’, but many are affected by it in a way or another (for quite many reasons and causes…). I hope that's close enough putting it without any spoilers.

Journey has been wonderful. A friend borrowed me the console, any I did finish it within a day on a rainy weekend. It doesn't go as deep as any of the other aforementioned games (excl. Oxenfree, which I didn't play yet), but still.

Reactions: Weredawg

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
Finished The Outer Worlds a while back (recommended), Obra Dinn after that (highly recommended!), Firewatch after that (also recommended), and now I'm starting Life is Strange (barely tried it a couple of years ago, for some reason only played one session - this time I'm actually going to play it!). After that I might spring for Outer Wilds. Gris also looks very interesting though.

Weredawg

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 5, 2017
Moved onto Guacamelee 2 and it's so fun! Have just a few achievements left. It can be really challenging at times but when it clicks and you execute something flawlessly it's so gratifying. Really liked the first one and glad the sequel was even better.

1337harcha

Caliper Novice
Apr 9, 2019
Age of Empires 3: The Asian Dynasties for the last 8 years. Maybe I'll stop once AOE4 rolls around, depends if I like it.