What games are you playing?

CC Ricers

Shrink Ray Wielder
Bronze Supporter
Nov 1, 2015
This is such a shame though, because I still think Titanfall 2 is one of the best, polished FPS shooter-experiences out there. Too bad most people nowadays just want hero-shooters (Overwatch) or Battle Royale games; my gaming clan only have 3 people playing titanfall, whilst most others play either Overwatch or PUBG (luckily no one plays Fortnite ;-) )

Hopefully the single player campaign is still very good because I wouldn't mind that.

Reactions: Mortis Angelus

Soul_Est

SFF Guru
SFFn Staff
Feb 12, 2016
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (finished the main campaign) and now Daemon X Machina Prologue Demo on the Switch. Will be playing Apex Legends and some 2006 and older NFS titles on Full Circle.

Reactions: Kooki

Mortis Angelus

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 22, 2017
I really liked the Titanfall 2 single-player campaign, but yeah, it was indeed short. Wish they put some more resources into extending it, as the core gameplay and worldbuilding are both very solid. I did try the multiplayer for a bit, but I don't have the time or patience to keep up in that kind of a game online.
Hopefully the single player campaign is still very good because I wouldn't mind that.

The campaign is short but better than most other FPS campaigns. I believe that Respawn knew what resources they had available (very small studio) so instead of making it full of filler and boring turret sections (e.g. CoD), they wanted to make everything awesome.

So yeah, for the low price you can get it on origin, the campaign on its own is well worth the price.

Kooki

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 30, 2016
HK works on a Nintendo Switch... Personally, I had no issues with it with my old W3690 and GTX 970 on a 1440p 60hz panel.
Currently I am still using the same CPU with a Titan X Pascal (and obviously still no issues).
It is not that hard to run with relatively modern hardware.

My girlfriends machine was a notebook with an i5 sandy bridge on integrated graphics... ?

I really liked the Titanfall 2 single-player campaign, but yeah, it was indeed short. Wish they put some more resources into extending it, as the core gameplay and worldbuilding are both very solid. I did try the multiplayer for a bit, but I don't have the time or patience to keep up in that kind of a game online.
The campaign is short but better than most other FPS campaigns. I believe that Respawn knew what resources they had available (very small studio) so instead of making it full of filler and boring turret sections (e.g. CoD), they wanted to make everything awesome.

So yeah, for the low price you can get it on origin, the campaign on its own is well worth the price.

I just finished the game!

I had two simple gripes with the game, though.

First, the game suggests us to play on Master difficulty only if you are familiar with the game. As I'm was not, and not used to FPS games, I went with the Hard settings to get, at least, some kind of accomplishment and to feel some connection with the expected struggle the protagonist would overcome.
Unfortunately, the Hard mode ended up being too easy. ;c

Second, I have a GTX 1050 2GB, and as such I chose in the video settingsto use 2GB of vRAM accordingly. Unfortunately, the textures gets horribly blurry and low res on the last mission because of this memory limitation. I strongly recommend having a GPU with at least 4GB for the game.

(As a side note, the Adaptive Resolution FPS target setting works very well, modern games all should have this.)

It was well worth every dollar of the $3.00 I payed for it! haha
It was a very enjoyable even if I'm not very well versed on FPS games. I'd recommend this game to anyone who wants a quick and fun action game (plus you also get the multiplayer, if you are into it :p)

Mortis Angelus

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 22, 2017
I just finished the game!

I had two simple gripes with the game, though.

First, the game suggests us to play on Master difficulty only if you are familiar with the game. As I'm was not, and not used to FPS games, I went with the Hard settings to get, at least, some kind of accomplishment and to feel some connection with the expected struggle the protagonist would overcome.
Unfortunately, the Hard mode ended up being too easy. ;c

Second, I have a GTX 1050 2GB, and as such I chose in the video settingsto use 2GB of vRAM accordingly. Unfortunately, the textures gets horribly blurry and low res on the last mission because of this memory limitation. I strongly recommend having a GPU with at least 4GB for the game.

(As a side note, the Adaptive Resolution FPS target setting works very well, modern games all should have this.)

It was well worth every dollar of the $3.00 I payed for it! haha
It was a very enjoyable even if I'm not very well versed on FPS games. I'd recommend this game to anyone who wants a quick and fun action game (plus you also get the multiplayer, if you are into it )

Unfortunately, this is the only area where the game kind of fails: The difficulty spike between hard and master is significant. And yes, Hard is a bit too easy, with the exception of some segments that are just difficult due to the insane amounts of enemies at a single moment. (Screw you, ticks!!!!)

And yeah; I could have told you not to only have 2GB of VRAM for this. ;-) How did you like the infamous time-traveling segment (without too much spoilers for the others, please)?

AutumnBlaze462

Efficiency Noob
May 9, 2019
Borderlands 3!!!

(On PS4 until it’s on Steam!)

Already got around 25 hours in and it doesn’t seem like the story is ending anytime soon. Loving every minute of it!

Reactions: CountNoctua

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
Unfortunately, this is the only area where the game kind of fails: The difficulty spike between hard and master is significant. And yes, Hard is a bit too easy, with the exception of some segments that are just difficult due to the insane amounts of enemies at a single moment. (Screw you, ticks!!!!)

And yeah; I could have told you not to only have 2GB of VRAM for this. ;-) How did you like the infamous time-traveling segment (without too much spoilers for the others, please)?
Totally agree about the ticks, probably the most trouble I had with the game. The time travel was great, I think my favorite part.

Kooki

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 30, 2016

The time travel was totally unexpected and mechanically very interesting! :)
I guess I might play it again on the Master difficulty someday! :v

ThatGuy333333

Caliper Novice
Aug 5, 2019
Not many new games out that do it for me now, so most of my time goes into fallout 4, war thunder, and mordhau. Really looking forward to the outer worlds...

nycalex

Average Stuffer
Nov 6, 2018
Borderlands 3, i'm starting to get burnt out tho, 3 playthroughs in 2 weeks.

Overwatch - i play 2-3 matches every night

nothing else interesting for me

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
I wish to buy ''Call of Duty Modern Warfare'' in physical disc version for PC but cannot find it locally. The local stores say it has to be downloaded. I am an old school guy and much prefer a hard copy version.
Does anyone know if this game is available in physical version? Or, it is all digital version?

According to this site (https://www.gottabemobile.com/which-call-of-duty-modern-warfare-edition-to-buy/), the Standard Edition comes in both physical and digital versions. Other sites say it has to be downloaded from battle.net for PC format.

Any help will be appreciated!

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
I wish to buy ''Call of Duty Modern Warfare'' in physical disc version for PC but cannot find it locally. The local stores say it has to be downloaded. I am an old school guy and much prefer a hard copy version.
Does anyone know if this game is available in physical version? Or, it is all digital version?

According to this site (https://www.gottabemobile.com/which-call-of-duty-modern-warfare-edition-to-buy/), the Standard Edition comes in both physical and digital versions. Other sites say it has to be downloaded from battle.net for PC format.

Any help will be appreciated!
Given that it's a (mostly) multiplayer title it's almost a given that it needs a download. There might be a physical version, but the last few times I've bought disk-based games they've all prompted me to activate a Steam/Origin/Whatever key and then proceeded to download the game anyhow. YMMV, of course.

Reactions: tinyitx

Weredawg

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 5, 2017
Finished Gris and moved onto The Messenger since it went on sale. It's so good, really enjoying the gameplay and humor