What games are you playing?

3lfk1ng

King of Cable Management
SFFn Staff
Bronze Supporter
Jun 3, 2016
www.reihengaming.com
Grim Dawn is closer to the gameplay of Diablo 2 than POE.
POE has a similar skill/class system once you understand how to navigate the weird skill tree.

It also supports controllers, can be played offline, and it supports LAN play.
All toons can be played online or offline at any time.

Reactions: Phuncz

GuilleAcoustic

Chief Procrastination Officer
SFFn Staff
LOSIAS
Jun 29, 2015
guilleacoustic.wordpress.com
Been playing PoE since the beta and sunk thousands of hours into it XD. Still haven't found a way to play Nuro's Harp unique bow efficiently, this is my personnal challenge.

Grim Dawn looks very appealing, especially the offline / LAN feature. I'll give it a try, for sure.

Tazpr

Master of Cramming
Aug 7, 2018
I grew up with Titan Quest instead of Diablo, so I've always been really familiar with the dual masteries mechanics and the loot game, but I personally prefer Grim Dawn to PoE. I always find PoE a bit over whelming, Grim Dawn has more focus on gear in that your builds will usually be centered around gear or sets that provide unique effects to the skills such as converting all damage for one particular damage type to another for specific abilities, opening up completely new build routes.

This isn't new by any means and I have no doubt that the number of builds in PoE FAR exceeds those in Grim Dawn, but the socket system is what defines the synergies and behaviors in PoE, something it does very well, but in Grim Dawn I really love tracking down all the pieces to a specific set so I can convert 100% of the fire damage of Aura of Centure to Vitality damage while adding 25% Vitality resistance reduction and 15% attack damage converted to health to create a damage dealing, debuffing, healing aura build - as an example XD

Reactions: Phuncz

TheHig

King of Cable Management
Oct 13, 2016
^Holy Hell haven’t heard that game named in a while!

Casual Warthunder and Civ6 lately here.

Reactions: Solo

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017

How about games you will be playing? Looks like Borderlands 3 will finally be a reality. :D

Tazpr

Master of Cramming
Aug 7, 2018
It's about damn time too!

I'll definitely be playing that with my mates when it comes out.

Also probably gonna get the Halo MCC when it launches on Steam for some old school Halo 3 LANs but with M&KB!

loader963

King of Cable Management
Jan 21, 2017

How about games you will be playing? Looks like Borderlands 3 will finally be a reality. :D

Me too but the dev is in for some drama. Saw this link and read thru it a bit :

Rumor on the street is Epic paid for the exclusive rights to it. Not too fussed personally but if it’s true I’ll be disappointed. Anyways im finishing up Hollow Knight and getting ready to start Shadow of the Tomb Raider.

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
Me too but the dev is in for some drama. Saw this link and read thru it a bit :

Rumor on the street is Epic paid for the exclusive rights to it. Not too fussed personally but if it’s true I’ll be disappointed. Anyways im finishing up Hollow Knight and getting ready to start Shadow of the Tomb Raider.

I would rather have it on Steam just so I can keep everything in the same place, but I will buy it regardless.

With over 400 hours on record for Borderlands 2 I need another game to waste incredible amounts of time on. ;)

HottestVapes

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 13, 2018
Finished off DMC5 on Sunday, but still running through it to S rank all missions/difficulties. Such a good game.

Also play a bit of Apex Legends and a lot of R6 Siege when I get the time.

craigbru

Cramming big things in small boxes since 2006
LOSIAS
Jul 2, 2015
Just started Division 2 this last weekend. I didn't realize I like 3rd person over the shoulder loot based shooter this much :)

I agree, it's amazing. One of the best games I've ever played, and it was solid from launch. That's a rarity these days.

loader963

King of Cable Management
Jan 21, 2017
Y’all keep on talking bout division.... had a ball with the first one and trying to wait til my buddy picks it up but may have to go ahead and jump in.

annasoh323

Master of Cramming
Apr 4, 2018
I'm late to the Borderlands 3 discussion! My brother just picked up Borderlands 2 on sale so hopefully, we'll get to play through that (while I get to try a character I haven't yet!). He has a pretty potato laptop (lapotato?) so we'll see about getting him an upgrade one of these days. Otherwise, we've also been playing a bunch of Dying Light (with Dying Light 2 around the corner too). Looking for a new solo game to get into though.