What games are you playing?

Windfall

Shrink Ray Wielder
SFFn Staff
Nov 14, 2017
Cave Story is so good. Without spoiling anything, I’ll just say that it’s one of the few games I’ve immediately replayed upon discovering that your choices along the way impact how the game ends. The challenge involved in reaching the best ending was immense, but oh so satisfying upon completion.
Oh, I've bear it. I just speedrun it now, my fastest time is one hour and thirty minutes. Amazing game, good story, and hard to speedrun. Plus, you can damage boost!

TheHig

King of Cable Management
Oct 13, 2016
Giving No Man’s Sky a go after the most recent update. Picked it up at Humble for 23.99. I really like it so far.

Aichon

Average Stuffer
Oct 16, 2017
Oh, I've bear it. I just speedrun it now, my fastest time is one hour and thirty minutes. Amazing game, good story, and hard to speedrun. Plus, you can damage boost!
I only ever spedrun the true final section of the game (i.e. where there’s an actual timer displayed). I think I got it down below 5 or 6 minutes on the original PC version, since I recall unlocking a few different main menus. I felt like I could’ve gone lower, but I was already to the point of diminishing returns where it starts to feel more like work, so I called it quits. I certainly could not have gotten the sub-3 or 2 minute runs that I saw were possible at the time. Those were amazing to watch.

Windfall

Shrink Ray Wielder
SFFn Staff
Nov 14, 2017
I only ever spedrun the true final section of the game (i.e. where there’s an actual timer displayed). I think I got it down below 5 or 6 minutes on the original PC version, since I recall unlocking a few different main menus. I felt like I could’ve gone lower, but I was already to the point of diminishing returns where it starts to feel more like work, so I called it quits. I certainly could not have gotten the sub-3 or 2 minute runs that I saw were possible at the time. Those were amazing to watch.

I did a 3.36 hell run. It was hard. A LOT of boosts, split second timing, etc. You have to be a (wink) robot to do it right!

el01

King of Cable Management
Jun 4, 2018
Installed World of Tanks today. Because yaay Kranvagns and yaay Soviet engineering.

Nanook

King of Cable Management
May 23, 2016
Forza Horizon 4
Lots of fun

6700K, 2080, 1440, 100+ hz :)
Things get toasty though... CPU 70c, GPU 77c

Reactions: el01

CC Ricers

Shrink Ray Wielder
Bronze Supporter
Nov 1, 2015
Getting Metro 2033 Redux finally because it's on sale. Soul Calibur VI is next on my list.

Reactions: el01

Aichon

Average Stuffer
Oct 16, 2017
I finally finished and returned a borrowed copy of Metroid Prime 3: Corruption (since my nephews have yet to return my trilogy steelcase set).

The wife has been asking to play more Super Mario Odyssey (me as Mario, her as Cappy) after we beat it earlier this year, so we started that back up and are quickly completing all the worlds. I'm actually kinda surprised she's still playing, since she's a fairly casual gamer who typically bows out once the going starts to get even remotely tough. We've started getting to some Power Moons that are a bit tricker, but she's been sticking with it.

Right now, Backloggery.com reports that my net gaming for the year has me three games in the hole (i.e. I've bought three more than I've beaten), which I'd like to get flat before the year's end, so I have my work cut out for me. Thinking about playing Furi or What Remains of Edith Finch next, since they look to be quick games in my backlog.

Reactions: Phuncz and el01

Solo

King of Cable Management
Nov 18, 2017
One time I played PoE with two of my friends and picked up a "Shabby Jerkin". Moments later I uninstalled the game.

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Played D3 too much.
Get ready to play even more at the start of 2019: https://www.diablofans.com/news/49077-patch-2-6-4-ptr-preview
We’re launching the Patch 2.6.4 PTR later this week for some rapid-paced testing, and we want you to have the full download before you jump in to provide feedback. Between long-requested quality of life changes, class set balancing, and a new game-changing seasonal buff, Season 16 is going to be quite the journey.

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
I remember that pre-"Loot 2.0" most players were complaining about the Auction House being the worst but most important aspect of the game if you wanted to progress, along with the lack of legendary and set incentive (most were just slightly better rares without abilities) and the abysmal drop rate. You could spend dozens of hours and find only one legendary that was very likely worse than the rare item you already had for a long time. There was also a non-existant end-game. The game has had so much content, gameplay and replayability added, it's incomparable.

Because the drop rate was so awful, most that dropped were useless and only a handful would allow you to progress, it was almost entirely money-based because you basically found a somewhat valuable rare, sold it in the Auction House for more than it's worth and trade up incrementally and precisely. Or you'd spend real money to get there. It was not Diablo, it was Diablo Trading Simulator.

GuilleAcoustic

Chief Procrastination Officer
SFFn Staff
LOSIAS
Jun 29, 2015
guilleacoustic.wordpress.com
Spot on. I remember just leaving all drops on the floor, rare and legendary included.

Also the 100% random affixes was utter shit. You could roll a +200 STR on an item only a DEX based class could equip. Suh non-sense.