What games are you playing?

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Hmm I haven't had any instability on my end, but I do feel that online is getting all the attention and SP could use some more replayability.
Especially because SP for me was about a 35 times better experience.

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
I've gotten Dying Light since it's on sale on Steam for 50%, I'll be playing this in a minute. Since I've hit a wall on Diablo 3 (Season 4 almost at P600), I could use another distraction.

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
After 2,5 hours I can say this looks like a promising game. To consider this is from Techland who also made Dead Island, which has it's considerable issues, Dying Light has some typical details taken from Dead Island but it doesn't seem to fail from that last one's mistakes. I did enjoy Dead Island though, the atmosphere was very nice in that game. Dying Light has some interesting gameplay and continued development through the DLC, which I am eager to play.

iFreilicht

FlexATX Authority
Feb 28, 2015
freilite.com
Just finished Portal Stories: Mel!

I always liked the final Portal Main Menu backgrounds, just found them all on my disk :D

Portal:

Portal Prelude:

Portal 2:

iFreilicht

FlexATX Authority
Feb 28, 2015
freilite.com

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
I've again picked up Prison Architect lately and I've begun work on my MegaPrison a few weeks ago. Right now it sits at about 500 cells spread across Minimal, Normal and Maximum security, with about 300 guards stationed, patrolling or otherwise occupied. I've made use of door timers and door remote triggers to automate more and keeping the flow of prisoners better. But I'm clipping against the engine's limit, with all the AI and pathing for those hundreds of AI entities.

Next week is Fallout 4, which I'm thoroughly hoping to enjoy. This will need to hold me over for a while: COD:BO3 is another badly ported game (no micro-stuttering with 16GB RAM and Titan X 12GB o_O) and I'm not expecting much long-term fun from Star Wars Battlefront.

Diablo 3 is receiving an update probably in December, so that's something to look forward to.

iFreilicht

FlexATX Authority
Feb 28, 2015
freilite.com
Prison Architect is one of those games that I really like but will probably never play.

Fallout 4 should be able to hold you over for half a year if you do every last thing there is to do, no worries :D I'm worried that I'll play to much and fail my semester goals, so I'm holding off until March or so.

Still Big Time into RocketLeague, that game get's super fun once you learn how to fly properly, and the server issues occur very sparsely by now. I've hit 100 hours playtime this week.

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Next week is Fallout 4, which I'm thoroughly hoping to enjoy.
I'm well over 50 hours in, considering I've had other stuff to do and I have a full-time job, this is a lot for me. Too many times I thought I was playing for an hour only to realise 4 hours had passed...

I'm level 44 I think, I have a jet pack on my Power Armor and a "railgun" that shoots rail spikes. I can die happily.

jeshikat

Jessica. Wayward SFF.n Founder
Original poster
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
Woo! More Homeworld!

And I also can't wait for Enemy Starfighter, probably the closest we'll come to a first person Homeworld:

(best watched with headphones because the sound design is awesome)

EdZ

Virtual Realist
May 11, 2015
Definitely looking forward to Enemy Starfighter. It should scratch that single-player space dogfighter itch that neither Eve:Valkyrie nor Elite will.

Deserts of Kharak looked good even back when it was Hardware:Shipbreakers, though even then it was a Homeworld game with the numbers filed off (when the Blackbird guys got to talk at the Homeworld Collection release event, Rob Cunningham outright stated that turning Hardware:Shipbreakers into a licensed Homeworld game was effectively a find-and-replace operation on the script). Blackbird are doing some very neat stuff on procedural camera direction for the cutscenes, and will hopefully be make that tool available after release.

jeshikat

Jessica. Wayward SFF.n Founder
Original poster
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
The graphics and sound design are going to be great with VR. My favorite touch is the gun firing sounds muffled, like you're hearing it only after the sound is conducted through the body of your fighter, armored cockpit, and then helmet.

I'm hoping a ButtKicker will pick up that sound so that the chair will give a subtle rumble when the gun fires :)

Vittra

Airflow Optimizer
May 11, 2015
Played and finished Grey Goo, which is Petroglyph - team made up of ex-Westwood folks, so C&C, Dune, etc.

Was pretty fun/interesting. Will wait on a sale for the DLC before continuing though.

iFreilicht

FlexATX Authority
Feb 28, 2015
freilite.com
Blackbird are doing some very neat stuff on procedural camera direction for the cutscenes, and will hopefully be make that tool available after release.

That is pretty cool, even if they don't make it available, some game designers will take cues from it, and I certainly like the direction they're going in with this.

The graphics and sound design are going to be great with VR. My favorite touch is the gun firing sounds muffled, like you're hearing it only after the sound is conducted through the body of your fighter, armored cockpit, and then helmet.

I'm hoping a ButtKicker will pick up that sound so that the chair will give a subtle rumble when the gun fires :)

Yeah that is pretty awesome. I really like the sound design of Elite: Dangerous as well, especially the warp stuff.

Didn't even know about ButtKicker, I'd certainly try that out if I had nothing else to spend my money on, but it seems like a great addition to VR, especially when talking about space or racing sims.

QinX

Master of Cramming
kees
Mar 2, 2015
Anybody looking to buy some games during the Steam Winter Sales?

I'm considering the following games
GTA V
Witcher 3
Ori and teh Blind Forest
Crypt of the Necrodancer