What games are you playing?

theGryphon

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 15, 2015
I'm not a gamer at all. I do buy some games from time to time, especially during Steam sales, just to try them out. Anything high FPS, fast-pace, I suck big time. I'm just not wired that way I guess. The fastest I can deal with is some RTS's.

My thing is turn-based strategy and RPG, especially fantasy. I'm a big fan of the Heroes of Might and Magic franchise (although completely mismanaged and put to ruins by Ubi now). I've played all versions of HOMM (version 7 is on the way), King's Bounty games (started by the same guy, Jon Van Caneghem, but now owned by 1C instead), and some Might and Magic games (the RPG line), and I gave a try to good fantasy RPG games (Elder Scrolls, Dragon Age, etc.).

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Anyone playing Fallout Shelter ? It's frustratingly addictive and fun too. It's a freemium game the way it's meant to be, without gimping the game. But I don't see any "end game" yet, you just grow and grow in size, but there is little use to do so.

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
About 40 minutes ago the complete Steam Sales catalog has gone up for the next 48 hours, should you have missed a deal. I'm still contemplating Cities: Skylines though, since I've managed to get most out of Prison Architect by now.

PlayfulPhoenix

Founder of SFF.N
SFFLAB
Chimera Industries
Gold Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
I'm still contemplating Cities: Skylines though, since I've managed to get most out of Prison Architect by now.

I caved and bought it following a strong recommendation by my roommate. Haven't tried it yet, though.

rawr

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 1, 2015
I think I might pick Transistor. From what I've heard, it's a quality game, and right now it's on sale for 66% off.

QinX

Master of Cramming
kees
Mar 2, 2015
I think I might pick Transistor. From what I've heard, it's a quality game, and right now it's on sale for 66% off.
I can wholeheartedly recommend Transistor, beautiful aesthetics, gameplay is fun and the soundtrack is amazing.

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Do watch out though, after a while I got stuck and because of the way revives work (you lose one of your 4 skills), you can end up being crippled without a chance for coming back.
I've had the same problem with this game as I did with Bastion (same dev) that the gameplay is mainly for dual analog sticks and less good with touchscreen. It is beautiful and full of atmosphere though.

MJVR1

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 10, 2015
Minecraft, but not vanilla. Vanilla honestly sucks and gets boring if you aren't very creative. I've been playing on a CTF Server. Game is buggy since they are rewriting the mod but it's playable.

craigbru

Cramming big things in small boxes since 2006
LOSIAS
Jul 2, 2015
I caved and bought it following a strong recommendation by my roommate. Haven't tried it yet, though.

I don't have time to game like I once did, but this is definitely my new time sink. I never seem to make it very far before wiping my city and starting fresh. I'm always trying to attain perfection. It's definitely the best city builder I've played in a very long time.

LooseNeutral

Trash Compacter
LOSIAS
Jul 3, 2015
Howdy folks. Just singned on.. now as to what game, there is only Brutal Doom! [must get into the groove for the new release]

craigbru

LOSIAS
Jul 2, 2015
Damn, that looks awesome! I'm going to have to check it out.

LooseNeutral

Trash Compacter
LOSIAS
Jul 3, 2015
Damn, that looks awesome! I'm going to have to check it out.
Hey Craig :) I had to follow some Doom forum bread crumbs on google to get it installed and running. There's a bunch of videos on YT that'll get you going. It is a riot to play, like a new game!

craigbru

LOSIAS
Jul 2, 2015
It's funny Steve, I'm a sucker for Steam sales. My backlog is a little staggering. I just looked up my info on steamdb... yet this is the type of thing that really interests me. I guess I know what I'm doing tomorrow. Lol.

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: $3982 ($1014 with sales)
  • Games owned: 338
  • Games not played: 208 (62%)
  • Hours on record: 726.9h

LooseNeutral

Trash Compacter
LOSIAS
Jul 3, 2015
Holy Bazinga! >.> Games Not Played LOL. never enough time. Hope all is well w/ you and family. Great hearing from you. I'll be hanging out here. John tracked me down on Twitter to give me hell hahaha

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
I seem to have more available free time:
$1210 Total account value
$394 Total cost with sales
12 Steam level
$16.58 Average price
$11.72 Average price per hour
73 Games owned
1,132h Hours on record
21.4h Average playtime
20 Games not played
27% Games not played

The "Games not played" stat doesn't take into account the games that I've played before I got them on Steam. In reality, I have not played two games from my account: Tomb Raider and The Talos Principle. This also doesn't take the thousands of hours I've spend playing Diablo 3 and Battlefield 3 and 4 in the last five years.

confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
$781 Total account value
$189 Total cost with sales
13 Steam level
$12.59 Average price
$6.62 Average price per hour
62 Games owned
1,499h Hours on record (WOOT!)
41.6h Average playtime
26 Games not played
42% Games not played

Doesn't take into account the probably 10K+ hours playing Minecraft XD

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
I played it for a while, but lacks the real spit and polish that made Portal the way it is. Still a nice collection of puzzles and environments, especially for being free (if you own Portal 2).