What games are you playing?

confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
I'm looking forward to trying it. The retro Aperture Science is really cool! A while ago I was working on a mod along those lines -

Reactions: LooseNeutral

LooseNeutral

Trash Compacter
LOSIAS
Jul 3, 2015
Portal will allways be that game, Like Doom, countless others befor spanning a decade or a smigen more, nothing will equel.. because you were there in that moment at that perfect time. I'm just happy some folks loved these games so much, they couldn't let it go. They had to do something to continue it. And they has some skillz! Nothing will ever match that fisrt time you played [choose game], determined to beat that level to move to the next, then played over and over to master everything. We all want that next game to be that perfect love. I'm just glad there's folks with this kind of passion. No big budgets.. just love for a game.

QinX

Master of Cramming
kees
Mar 2, 2015
Well seems like I've touched over 75% of the games I own and most of the hours I have are more then likely from my CS 1.6 days.
I've been invited by an old friend to join him on ARK Survival, man that game looks good!

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)
  • Worth: $2665 ($666 with sales)
  • Games owned: 196
  • Games not played: 45 (23%)
  • Hours on record: 1,526.7h

iFreilicht

FlexATX Authority
Feb 28, 2015
freilite.com
You poor, poor casuals.

Total value: $1266
Total cost with sales: $383
Games owned: 96
Games not played: 18
Hours on record: 2489h

I invest time instead of money. A lot of CoD was played. And due to punkbuster being shit, about 90% of the hundreds of hours I played CoD4 for aren't even included.

On topic: I'll have to play Portal Stories: Mel for sure. I've waited for more story long enough, and while it may not be canon, I'm assuming the mod devs put a lot of time into making it consistent with the lore.

I'm really enjoying RocketLeague at the time. Awesome game. If that can sustain itself long enough, it could easily become a thriving new eSport.

Explanation of gameplay mechanics + noob match.

And this is what people can do that played this game and its predecessor for 6+ years:

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
I haven't played much games the last month, when I did it was Diablo 3 and GTA V. Oh how GTA V Online is broken at the core. At one time, the first two sessions (think 'servers') I joined, massive world-altering cheats were ongoing. One person was replaced by a jumbo jet and was stuck inside a building, being suicide-killed constantly. I left. The second session I saw a ferris wheel floating over the ground. I called the hacker out and he promptly put me on fire and replaced my head with a ferris wheel and made me suicide-kill myself repeatedly.

And I haven't begun ranting about completing an online Heist yet, the single most advertised GTA V feature. If you've ever tried using 4 people squads in Battlefield to cooperate, you know what I mean. But don't forget to include the many technical issues that also haunt your very soul to make you not enjoy the game.

jØrd

S̳C̳S̳I̳ ̳f̳o̳r̳ ̳l̳i̳f̳e̳
sudocide.dev
SFFn Staff
Gold Supporter
LOSIAS
Jul 19, 2015
i was playing fallout shelter for a bit but i dont have the time to invest into it to ensure my band of dwellers survives when im not playing, guess im not as willing to fight for their survival as i am my own. Also OpenTTD, Minecraft (bukkit, then vanilla, forge once i get time to migrate the server to it), mini metro. thats about about it.

Reactions: LooseNeutral

iFreilicht

FlexATX Authority
Feb 28, 2015
freilite.com
I haven't played much games the last month, when I did it was Diablo 3 and GTA V. Oh how GTA V Online is broken at the core. At one time, the first two sessions (think 'servers') I joined, massive world-altering cheats were ongoing. One person was replaced by a jumbo jet and was stuck inside a building, being suicide-killed constantly. I left. The second session I saw a ferris wheel floating over the ground. I called the hacker out and he promptly put me on fire and replaced my head with a ferris wheel and made me suicide-kill myself repeatedly.

And I haven't begun ranting about completing an online Heist yet, the single most advertised GTA V feature. If you've ever tried using 4 people squads in Battlefield to cooperate, you know what I mean. But don't forget to include the many technical issues that also haunt your very soul to make you not enjoy the game.

Yeah GTA Online is completely broken ATM. I mean if your coop partners are shit, that's not the games fault but the technical issues are overwhelming. Since the Ill Gotten Gains Pt.1, the game crashes on me after 1-20 minutes of playing. The lower the settings, the longer I can play, so I guess there's some sort of memory leak going on (AGAIN!) on the GPU. I really like the game and it was a lot of fun while it lasted, but now it's dead for me.

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Yeah I've not gotten much joy out of GTA Online yet with the constant loading screens (not present in SP !) and very inflexible Heist missions. It seems perfect for LAN play at your house, but it won't work that way ofcourse with everything online.

I really wished they focused more on Single Player content, even at a price. That atleast works perfectly.

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Did you get Cities: Skylines?
I caved and got it a while ago. And I've clocked in 20 hours. My 4th city I managed to get it running smoothly, 81.000 citizens and going, with about 20k $ income and over 3 million $ in the bank. I'm probably going to not play it until after the update, as Diablo 3 will have a major update next week.

Vittra

Airflow Optimizer
May 11, 2015
I have a horrendous backlog to get through. Just about to finish Tomb Raider (2013). I'm actually pretty impressed with the game overall. I ignored most of the games from the late 00's as they didn't seem as appealing as the old ones.

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
I also have Tomb Raider to get through, along with The Talos Principle. But I guess I could save those for the end of the year when I have a few weeks off.

rawr

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 1, 2015
Spent the entire weekend watching ESL One Cologne, the Counter Strike major tournament. Had a blast!

Envy came second place, expect good things from them in the future!

EdZ

Virtual Realist
May 11, 2015
Meant to try Rogue System (and test what state the DK2 integration is at), but instead ended up starting a new FFXIV character.

LocoMoto

DEVOURER OF BAKED POTATOES
Jul 19, 2015
Pretty much sticking to OpenRA, Fallout 3 & Fallout New Vegas right now when I do have the time and the desire to play a game.
Am thinkin' about playing something like ARMA 3 though, if I can get the enthusiasm for some nice RP.

Really looking forward to Fallout 4 and hopefully extending my 10 year plan of involving myself into the sole survivor!

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Aside from season 4 on Diablo 3, I'm also playing Rebuild 3 on the tablet. Very nice board game for mobile standards.

iFreilicht

FlexATX Authority
Feb 28, 2015
freilite.com
alright, stop showing off :p / In other news; I saw something that really grabbed my attention over @ PC Per site.
I don't think I can resist.. help me. looks gorgeous!
http://store.steampowered.com/app/317400/

Finally got a chance to try it and it's pretty damn awesome. Seems to tie in with the overall lore rather well and is decently made. The voice acting is decent and the levels are challenging but not maddening. The only thing I dislike is that a lot of the objects that you can normally pick up (mugs, crates, stuff like that) are completely static in this mod. And the new death ray they made kills instantly which was annoying at one or two occasions. Other than that, there's no reason to not play this.

So yeah, like Phuncz said. Lacks spit and polish, but for a free mod it's rather nicely made.