What games are you playing?

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
Watched the trailer for Doom Eternal, which looks fantastic btw, so decided to play through Doom 2016 again. This time on Nightmare mode, didn't realize you could die so often. :p

Reactions: Phuncz

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
I have just installed Prey, which is supposed to be a good game.
Anyone played this game before?
I enjoyed it. It's in the "immersive sim" genre (like Deus Ex), and I can usually get into those if they're well done. One thing that really stood out was the level design, and how it all fits together in a cohesive way (which you'll come to understand as you play).

Reactions: tinyitx and Phuncz

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
I have just installed Prey, which is supposed to be a good game.
Anyone played this game before?
Yep, really liked it ! The story is interesting and the atmosphere is excellent, a very underappreciated game.

I spent 25 hours on my playthrough, sometimes backtracking over inefficient routes through the "GPS". I recommend looking at the map for sanity check for longer trips (mid to late game). as I've had some issues with it returning me to the same place but across half the map for some reason.

Reactions: tinyitx

R4H8E

Caliper Novice
Sep 10, 2018
I know ray tracing is going to be a little annoyance for me and probably others. For example, while playing the BFV beta; I'd be up next to something reflective and the relfection looked terrible. Like first generation digital camera bad. Will that be enough to upgrade from a 1080 ti? Probably not right away, but it's definitely annoying having everything but reflections look good.

VegetableStu

Shrink Ray Wielder
Aug 18, 2016
I'm very close to buying Just Shapes and Beats off-sale-season ,_, especially after recognising the game playing in the background of Gamersnexus's Jay Pax video

Reactions: Biowarejak

Aichon

Average Stuffer
Oct 16, 2017
I'm back to playing Metroid Prime 3 after finally getting all 900 Korok seeds in Breath of the Wild (as well as the medallions for beating all of the minibosses, all shrines, all upgrades on all armor, all weapons, etc. etc. etc.).

Reactions: Biowarejak

Solo

King of Cable Management
Nov 18, 2017
Halo. They updated MCC and I'm pretty sure the game got worse. My shots don't register, melees don't work, and you can still match any level no matter what level you are.

On the bright side, I get to get my 50's back again in H2 and Hardcore. I mean it's a massive waste of time, but I love the game.

jtd871

SFF Guru
Jun 22, 2015
Oh, and we played the combined decks of Star Trek (OG and TNG) Fluxx at a friends house last night. There are special cards to allow you to combine the decks with goals that mix the OG and TNG keepers/creepers. Good game with 7-8 people playing. Shuffling the huge combined deck was a bit of an effort, though.

Aichon

Average Stuffer
Oct 16, 2017
Cave Story is so good. Without spoiling anything, I’ll just say that it’s one of the few games I’ve immediately replayed upon discovering that your choices along the way impact how the game ends. The challenge involved in reaching the best ending was immense, but oh so satisfying upon completion.