What games are you playing?

Arboreal

King of Cable Management
Silver Supporter
Oct 11, 2015
Still playing too much PUBG ;) lots of fun and frustration.
Distinctly lacking in the Chicken Dinner department, but been 2nd a few times.
Also started playing Insurgency again at LAN night, a different feel and dynamic, but good for coop squad play.

jØrd

S̳C̳S̳I̳ ̳f̳o̳r̳ ̳l̳i̳f̳e̳
sudocide.dev
SFFn Staff
Gold Supporter
LOSIAS
Jul 19, 2015
Started playing Deus Ex Mankind Divided but im getting bored of it pretty quickly. It depends waaay too much on the formula of sneaking into somewhere unseen to find something then having to murder everyone anyway on the way out w/ not nearly as much ammo as you would like against very slightly better armed enemy's over and over again.

GuilleAcoustic

Chief Procrastination Officer
SFFn Staff
LOSIAS
Jun 29, 2015
guilleacoustic.wordpress.com
Started Project: Gorgon over the weekend.
It's hands-down the best PVE experience I've had in an MMORPG in a long while.

I highly recommend it to any fans of old school MMORPGs like Asheron's Call and Everquest.

If anyone picks it up, send me a PM and I'll toss you an invite in-game.
You have me interested. Was looking for an MMORPG, med-fan, classic look ... And this one is Linux native !

Reactions: Soul_Est

3lfk1ng

King of Cable Management
SFFn Staff
Bronze Supporter
Jun 3, 2016
www.reihengaming.com
The wiki is extremely overwhelming. Makes for a fun read that in the end makes your head spin with ideas. Without the typical themepark hand-holding gameplay, it's been a pretty refreshing experience.

Finally we have a new MMORPG with real choices, a focus on exploration, tons of possibilities, and lots of group content.
No subscription, no P2W, no lootboxes, no in-game store, and no currency conversion schemes. $40 and done.

It just entered Steam Early access and optimization/graphics/animation updates are on the way.
They definitely focused on depth/gameplay first.
Thankfully, it has a strong foundation to build upon and I don't say that for most MMORPGs.

GuilleAcoustic

Chief Procrastination Officer
SFFn Staff
LOSIAS
Jun 29, 2015
guilleacoustic.wordpress.com
Currently playing Crypt of the Necrodancer.

This is a rythm dungeon crawler, with only four inputs: UP, DOWN, LEFT and RIGHT. Special actions are tirggered using 2 directions at the same time, and UP + DOWN or LEFT + RIGHT makes it impossible to play with D-PAD. I mapped the actions to my SNES gamepad buttons (A, B, X and Y), but it still feels like something could be done ....

Had the game music buried deep inside my brain this whole day at work and was playing the drum line on my desk. Eureka, lets make a piezo-drum to control that game ! A quick search for piezo-electric drums shows plenty of results, basically:
  • 4x piezo sensors
  • Foam of different density
  • an Arduino + a few lines of code
  • 2x drum sticks

(source: http://www.electronicpeasant.com/projects/ssdrums/ssdrums.html)

Another example: Pringles can midi drum

ps: I'll update the project in my GuilleAcoustic's brainstorm thread.

Last edited:

Soul_Est

SFF Guru
SFFn Staff
Feb 12, 2016
Started Project: Gorgon over the weekend.
It's hands-down the best PVE experience I've had in an MMORPG in a long while.

I highly recommend it to any fans of old school MMORPGs like Asheron's Call and Everquest.

If anyone picks it up, send me a PM and I'll toss you an invite in-game.

You have me interested. Was looking for an MMORPG, med-fan, classic look ... And this one is Linux native !
You had me at "Linux native!".

The wiki is extremely overwhelming. Makes for a fun read that in the end makes your head spin with ideas. Without the typical themepark hand-holding gameplay, it's been a pretty refreshing experience.

Finally we have a new MMORPG with real choices, a focus on exploration, tons of possibilities, and lots of group content.
No subscription, no P2W, no lootboxes, no in-game store, and no currency conversion schemes. $40 and done.

It just entered Steam Early access and optimization/graphics/animation updates are on the way.
They definitely focused on depth/gameplay first.
Thankfully, it has a strong foundation to build upon and I don't say that for most MMORPGs.
Looking forward to it!

Also that piezo-drum project sounds like a fun time!

Edit: Forgot to add what I'm currently playing. Right now, I am playing either Cave Story (native), Crash Bandicoot (GBA), Donkey Kong Country 2 (GBA), Golden Sun The Lost Age (GBA), Metroid Zero Mission (GBA), or Metroid Fusion (GBA) on this:

Last edited:

Solo

King of Cable Management
Nov 18, 2017
I don't play multiplayer games anymore since everyone on Earth plays Fortnite and it tilts the living hell out of me because there isn't anything compelling about the game whatsoever.

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
^Also thoroughly enjoyed SOMA (despite the apparently dull-witted main character).

Just started the new Battletech game. It's a little slow-paced, though still too soon to form a proper impression. We'll see how it turns out.

Last week it was Frostpunk, which is a really quite decent colony builder/resource management game. Suitably challenging, with well done assets. If I had one complaint, it's that there's not much there story-wise, with only one main scenario and a couple of bonus scenarios to play through (each scenario amounting to building up a city and surviving x number of days). Lack of a story/overarching goal is par for the course for this type of game, but unlike others in the genre, this doesn't include some type of endless mode (not that I enjoy that in general; I tend to need a goal to keep me going). Pretty good for what it is though, and can easily keep you engaged for the couple dozen hours it takes to get through the included scenarios (with the developer promising more in the future).

Speaking of game genres that benefit from a story, I want to give a belated shout-out to Subnautica, which came out a couple months back. I kept tabs on it during early access, but refrained from playing until full release, and was happy I did; I found it to be one of the most enjoyable gaming experiences I've had in a long time. The combination of a sandboxy survival game in a smallish handcrafted world, with exploration, base building, crafting, plus an actual storyline (albeit a little thin) complete with scripted events, ticked a lot of boxes for me. I can heartily recommend it to anyone who remotely enjoys this type of game.

Biowarejak

Maker of Awesome | User 1615
Platinum Supporter
Mar 6, 2017
Neat! Fair amount of Fallout 4, Skyrim, and Rocket League lately for myself :)

Aichon

Average Stuffer
Oct 16, 2017
I've been working on getting all 900 Korok Seeds in Zelda: Breath of the Wild. It's a fool's errand, but it's also a fun excuse to keep playing the game, even though I've already sunk close to 200 hours in it. Only 400 more seeds to go...

Learning that Subnautica actually has a storyline and is handcrafted, rather than a procedurally generated, open-ended sandbox makes it SIGNIFICANTLY more appealing to me. I may actually need to pick it up, since it was already on my radar, but I tend to stay away from completely open-ended gameplay (even as I'm more than willing to sink hundreds of hours into a massive game).

jtd871

SFF Guru
Jun 22, 2015
Somehow lost my save files for Lego Batman 2 (on Steam), so I'm replaying. I never managed to complete the bonus "brick Gotham" level the first time around (could never find all the studs for some reason) so I'm hoping to complete it this go-round and finally get to play it in free play mode to see all the 'locked' elements (puzzles that can't be solved by the default characters) in that level. I've played thru story mode and just unlocked Aquaman in Gotham, so I can now go back and get all the minikits from the story levels (which all unlock extra vehicles to use in Gotham). I also recently found a workaround to play Lego Batman 1 (turn on VSync), so I'm slowly working through that, too. I don't have much contiguous gaming time, or brainpower left most evenings, so these fit the bill for the moment.

3lfk1ng

King of Cable Management
SFFn Staff
Bronze Supporter
Jun 3, 2016
www.reihengaming.com
I just wish they didn't reduce the number of players per server at release.
I may pick it up in a few months -we'll see.

Last edited:

Fledder

Caliper Novice
Oct 21, 2017
It's WoW and Overwatch on the PC
Splatoon on the wii-U
Horizon zero Dawn on the PS4

WoW is abusing my time the most.

CC Ricers

Shrink Ray Wielder
Bronze Supporter
Nov 1, 2015
Overwatch is the main time suck for me. Someone told me that playing Horizon Zero Dawn made them a lot better at Hanzo, want to test that idea XD

Subnautica is still on my backlog seems like my type of atmospheric game.

Reactions: Biowarejak