What did you do today?

owliwar

Master of Cramming
Lazer3D
Apr 7, 2017
ok it was technically yesterday but I didn't had the time to post here

this semester I'm having a metal workshop class in college. in brazil we use metric system for everything Except for metal!!
seems like we (as a country) bought a lot of material and machinery in the after war era so most of our factories uses american machines.
I learn hot to make measures in inches with a caliper and its a nightmare!

VegetableStu

Shrink Ray Wielder
Aug 18, 2016
guess what my saturday was spent on

actually, don't.

AleksandarK

/dev/null
May 14, 2017
Not happened today, but yesteday.

Finally, i have decided to switch from Windows 10 Pro to Ubuntu 17.10. I have been getting sick of windows for a long time and liked Linux for the long time too. Tried it first in a VM, but it wasn't enough.
After using it fully for 2 days IT IS WORTH THE SWITCH. Productivity is waaay up and the terminal commands aren't scary at all. You don't have to use the if you don't want, but it boosts the speed of everyday computing a lot. LibreOffice is nice replacement for Microsoft Office and it works superbly.
Also noticed that the PC is snappier and more responsive overall, but that's because the OS is "lighter" than Windows.

Never say never, but i am not going back to Windows anymore....

Solo

King of Cable Management
Nov 18, 2017
Played Overwatch and was scoffed at by my friend for running at ultra settings which is what the game defaulted to off the rip. SORRY YOU CAN ONLY GET PLAYABLE FRAMERATES ON LOW.

QinX

Master of Cramming
kees
Mar 2, 2015
Watched Violet Evergarden. Great anime, great animation, great OST

If you are emotional you'll prolly shed a tear more than once (8 episodes out of 13 for me XD).

I still need to watch the last three, but episode 10 was the only episode up to now that triggered a genuine teardrop from me.
The Spring 2018 season is looking amazing!

Reactions: Soul_Est

Soul_Est

SFF Guru
SFFn Staff
Feb 12, 2016
I checked in with an executive at my mobile service provider regarding a complaint that I filed after having the fraud on the account resolved unsuccessfully. The amount owing is still higher than what it should be.

At my call centre job, I met again with the IT Servicedesk Manager where I got offered a position on the team. o_O That came up sooner than expected. The issue is that the hours are full-time. This would interfere with my hours at the respiratory clinic where I work on-site. I have discussed the possibility of adjusting the hours to free up time to work at the respiratory clinic but we shall see. I am still on the fence about it.

Last edited:

Windfall

Shrink Ray Wielder
SFFn Staff
Nov 14, 2017
Today, I did school (not much) and did ALOT of cad work for my HTPC One ( https://smallformfactor.net/forum/threads/3-5l-htpc-case-made-for-ryzen.7180/ ) deigning Revision 1.1. In a week I should be done with 1.1 and go on to 1.2, which will address space usage, cable management, and cooling. I plan to have it production ready (whether ill make it, well, it depends on intrest) in less than a month. I'm going to bed now.....

Soul_Est

SFF Guru
SFFn Staff
Feb 12, 2016
@Biowarejak @VegetableStu Hell yeah, that's the Schiit! Looking at the Fulla 2 to start a modular audio setup. Still on backorder though.

Yesterday, I accepted the job offer for Desktop Support at the call centre job. While the situation surrounding the position is tenuous given my current position, everything will work out for the better.

Today, I visited a couple of cats and am now getting ready to leave for work at my current position. Also considering getting a ThinkPad X1 Carbon or a HP Z600. More to come later.

Edit: I have been given the position and I start Monday-after.

Last edited: