What did you do today?

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
Hmm true, lenses for fast moving things like sport won't come cheap..
Especially if you want a good aperture on top of fast focusing. Not to mention that premium f2.8 telephoto lenses easily weigh upwards of 1.5kg (and easily exceed $2000). Not very practical. Which is why the Pentax 55-300 is pretty much ideal - it's compact, has a reasonable aperture while being lightweight and affordable, and it has an excellent focus motor.

loader963

King of Cable Management
Jan 21, 2017
Today I finally got my blu ray drive in the mail and RPCS3 installed. Been dumping games all day long and can’t wait to play a few ones I missed and maybe I few I loved again as well. :)

Choidebu

"Banned"
Aug 16, 2017
Especially if you want a good aperture on top of fast focusing. Not to mention that premium f2.8 telephoto lenses easily weigh upwards of 1.5kg (and easily exceed $2000). Not very practical. Which is why the Pentax 55-300 is pretty much ideal - it's compact, has a reasonable aperture while being lightweight and affordable, and it has an excellent focus motor.
And here I am struggling just to get rid of my Canon 55-250 kit lens for a good price of 150AUD. *sigh* I'll never buy Canon lens anymore...

ignsvn

By Toutatis!
SFFn Staff
Apr 4, 2016
And here I am struggling just to get rid of my Canon 55-250 kit lens for a good price of 150AUD. *sigh* I'll never buy Canon lens anymore...

The reason I never bought kit lens. I knew from day one that I preferred faster standard lenses.

At one time I owned Canon 70-200 f/2.8 L IS Mark 1. Purchased pre-owned but in mint condition. Lovely lens. L grade, red ring, but limited usage in my case so it had to go.

Another topic from my job hunting. Had another round of interview last Friday. Well more like pair programming but this time I was more prepared. Slightly tiny bit more prepared.

IMO it went rather well compared to the previous one. It doesn't mean I'll get accepted though, so we shall see (Probably I'll ask some of you here for discussion & suggestion :)).

Reactions: Revenant

GuilleAcoustic

Chief Procrastination Officer
SFFn Staff
LOSIAS
Jun 29, 2015
guilleacoustic.wordpress.com
Been playing some SNES goodness on my phone during commutes

Revenant

Christopher Moine - Senior Editor SFF.N
Revenant Tech
SFFn Staff
Apr 21, 2017
My back went out bad. After getting medicated... I took apart my Node 202 build because the RX570 was throttling. For reference the system is running an I7-3770K and a Sapphire Pulse ITX RX570 (single axial fan). I tossed an old 120mm fan as an exhaust just in front of the mini-GPU and dropped 10C and a lot of decibels of noise. Now the GPU runs at a solid 1244MHZ.

Next step is to game the entire system into a CustomMod 3.27.

Solo

King of Cable Management
Nov 18, 2017
Debated whether or not to remove my Engine 27 in favor of the new L9i. I'd want to remove my silver power button as well and make a black one.

Probably will since the E 27 is loud as hell. Idk.

Reactions: AleksandarK

ignsvn

By Toutatis!
SFFn Staff
Apr 4, 2016
Got result of my job application; unfortunately they decided not to proceed with me. Should have prepared myself better. On a positive note, it gives me good experience; I now know what are the things I must learn to upgrade myself.

Well, back to square one on my migration plan, I guess. Not that easy to find job with visa/relocation package.

Thankfully the next CCD MI-6 production batch is (hopefully) going to happen, so I got that going for me, which is nice.

Revenant

Christopher Moine - Senior Editor SFF.N
Revenant Tech
SFFn Staff
Apr 21, 2017
Got result of my job application; unfortunately they decided not to proceed with me. Should have prepared myself better. On a positive note, it gives me good experience; I now know what are the things I must learn to upgrade myself.

Well, back to square one on my migration plan, I guess. Not that easy to find job with visa/relocation package.

Thankfully the next CCD MI-6 production batch is (hopefully) going to happen, so I got that going for me, which is nice.

Sorry to hear about the job. I know how that feels. You're handling it the best way someone could though. Embrace the loss, and learn from it. Become a better version of yourself.

ignsvn

By Toutatis!
SFFn Staff
Apr 4, 2016
Sorry to hear about the job. I know how that feels. You're handling it the best way someone could though. Embrace the loss, and learn from it. Become a better version of yourself.

Thank you. Their HR was quite nice actually, providing me with materials to look & study before the final test. It's just that.. with all the office & family duty, it's kinda hard to find proper time to study.

I don't get along with my boss well, but I still hold my current job, so in the grand scheme of things, there's no emergency.

Reactions: VegetableStu

1337harcha

Caliper Novice
Apr 9, 2019
Received refund from FSP after the second time my FSP500-50FSPT stopped working.

Immediately ordered an Enhance 7660B from Aliexpress for 131 EUR incl. shipping, but excluding tax (will probs be 24 more EUR). The other option that ships to my location was eBay for the sweet price of 225 USD. You may bump me in a month or two for feedback on the Aliexpress ENP 7660B..

ignsvn

By Toutatis!
SFFn Staff
Apr 4, 2016
Received refund from FSP after the second time my FSP500-50FSPT stopped working.

Immediately ordered an Enhance 7660B from Aliexpress for 131 EUR incl. shipping, but excluding tax (will probs be 24 more EUR). The other option that ships to my location was eBay for the sweet price of 225 USD. You may bump me in a month or two for feedback on the Aliexpress ENP 7660B..

IIRC there's a member here selling one of those quiet(-er) Enhance Flex PSU. Probably you can reach the person.

Solo

King of Cable Management
Nov 18, 2017
Ordered the Chromax L9i. I've been waiting for this for like 3 years. Thank god Amazon built a fulfillment center near me because I'll be receiving it later today.

And you're bloody right I'll be shortening the fan wires.

Reactions: mb67 and rfarmer

Windfall

Shrink Ray Wielder
SFFn Staff
Nov 14, 2017
Ordered the Chromax L9i. I've been waiting for this for like 3 years. Thank god Amazon built a fulfillment center near me because I'll be receiving it later today.

And you're bloody right I'll be shortening the fan wires.

I honestly prefer the beige/brown. :p

Reactions: Valantar