What did you do today?

owliwar

Master of Cramming
Lazer3D
Apr 7, 2017
Maybe the battery died because it was not charged for a year ? Sometimes defective batteries can cause a laptop to not start up even though the power supply is plugged in. Hard to check without it being easily removable. Why didn't you choose to not accept the package after being delayed for a year ? Or was it bought second-hand ?
It's not really mine, it's from work
It was a part of a VR dev kit from the UK team. I got in the company just last month. My division only had to pay customs. It got there around a couple of months ago
But it's a good ideia
I'll see if they let me open it and I'll try to remove the battery

Reactions: AleksandarK

craigbru

Cramming big things in small boxes since 2006
Original poster
LOSIAS
Jul 2, 2015
Here's a little pic of my weekend...

graphichasan

Average Stuffer
Jun 26, 2019
Revision 0.2 Concept & AC-DC Brick Design is here .. Please take a look & help me with some boundaries .... Please do not forget to ask question & any feature that I am missing ....

Boundaries / Help :
  • Need help with filter guys. UNIVERSAL AIR FILTER CO. seems to be producing Hydrophobic Mesh Air Filters. Which is a vary good solution.
  • But not able to connect with them. Need to know 1k pricing.
  • Please help me with any other idea's & Filters.

Project Thundercreck
400W active cooled ac-dc brick || Mini 6L Awesome Workstation
Why there is not much hype on active cooled ac-dc brick ? doesn't they make cases more smaller ?

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
Can you please stop trying to garner attention to your thread by posting the same thing to 4 different, 2 totally unrelated threads?

Seriously this is not making you or your project look any more credible.
Have to say I agree - while it's cool that people are working on ambitious projects, this is getting to be a bit too much. Restraint and patience are good qualities in both product development and communications.

Windfall

Shrink Ray Wielder
SFFn Staff
Nov 14, 2017
Revision 0.2 Concept & AC-DC Brick Design is here .. Please take a look & help me with some boundaries .... Please do not forget to ask question & any feature that I am missing ....

Boundaries / Help :
  • Need help with filter guys. UNIVERSAL AIR FILTER CO. seems to be producing Hydrophobic Mesh Air Filters. Which is a vary good solution.
  • But not able to connect with them. Need to know 1k pricing.
  • Please help me with any other idea's & Filters.

Project Thundercreck
400W active cooled ac-dc brick || Mini 6L Awesome Workstation
Why there is not much hype on active cooled ac-dc brick ? doesn't they make cases more smaller ?

Please keep your posts in the threads you created, man. This forum isn't just a place to try to sell a product. It's a community, and this thread is where the community discusses what they're up to IRL, not what they're developing SFF-wise.

Not trying to be harsh, just a heads up!

EDIT: Speaking of IRL stuff, I'm becoming a better CNC machinist everyday, and I've been doing long-distance running as of late. Great stress reliever. Ran 8 miles yesterday averaging 7:03-7:24 per mile. Getting faster and stronger! Life is indeed looking up!

Soul_Est

SFF Guru
SFFn Staff
Feb 12, 2016
EDIT: Speaking of IRL stuff, I'm becoming a better CNC machinist everyday, and I've been doing long-distance running as of late. Great stress reliever. Ran 8 miles yesterday averaging 7:03-7:24 per mile. Getting faster and stronger! Life is indeed looking up!
Fight on!

I worked on Full Circle a bit, made pancakes, organized my wardrobe, hung out with a friend and talked with another friend (both are going through some stuff right now). Finally ordered a new stick of RAM for Full Circle. Since I'm using it for work now, I need it to be stable 24/7/366. Doing some work before bed now. Just taking an hour break for now.

Choidebu

"Banned"
Aug 16, 2017
Trying to decide on universal battery charger with 4 slots. Found lygte-info.dk, now I'm even more confused ^^.

Would love IR reading cause I want to use it to match cells, but I can only budget ~40AUD..

Anyone uses Nitecore UMS4? Or Xtar VC4S?

CountNoctua

(no relation)
Jul 11, 2019
Had some ideas for cookie ? recipes (Halloween-themed) that I will probably have to bring to work once I make them, as I turn into the cookie monster if left alone with cookies too long (or really any desserts or baked goods).

Mainly spent some time today figuring out what case fans will go into my next build. Originally I was going to do all Be Quiet! fans, but changed my mind after some research (and I want to play around with some new-to-me fans) and determined to use multiple models. Selected based on low-noise; some are a little better for static pressure, but the rest chosen for good airflow and low noise, at lower RPMs and voltage. There are some fans that are better, but I'm going for all black fans.

2x Noiseblocker NB-eLoop B14-PS Black Edition
1x Fractal Design Venturi HF-14 - rear fan, bottom
2x Noiseblocker NB-BlackSilentPro PK-PS 140mm
1x Be Quiet! Silent Wings 3 140mm
1x Be Quiet! Silent Wings 2 92mm

My Lunar AEK is coming in tomorrow, looking forward to working on that soon.

Last edited:

Solo

King of Cable Management
Nov 18, 2017
Tried to decide on button colors for my arcade stick since I'm already rebuilding the bloody thing and changed the top panel with a different layout. Couldn't decide, so I didn't order anything.

Windfall

Shrink Ray Wielder
SFFn Staff
Nov 14, 2017
Fight on!

I worked on Full Circle a bit, made pancakes, organized my wardrobe, hung out with a friend and talked with another friend (both are going through some stuff right now). Finally ordered a new stick of RAM for Full Circle. Since I'm using it for work now, I need it to be stable 24/7/366. Doing some work before bed now. Just taking an hour break for now.

Thanks, I appreciate that!

Windfall

Shrink Ray Wielder
SFFn Staff
Nov 14, 2017
So, if y'all ever notice that about twice a day my pfp is on half the conversations on the homepage, that's because I check in on this place about twice a day, and reply to all the things I want to reply to one after the other (I open all my notifications in new tabs).

Sorry if that bothers any of you guys. I'm a busy man. :p

Edit: And I'm following half the threads, so I log on and have anywhere from 10-20 ish notifications.

Soul_Est

SFF Guru
SFFn Staff
Feb 12, 2016
So, if y'all ever notice that about twice a day my pfp is on half the conversations on the homepage, that's because I check in on this place about twice a day, and reply to all the things I want to reply to one after the other (I open all my notifications in new tabs).

Sorry if that bothers any of you guys. I'm a busy man.

Edit: And I'm following half the threads, so I log on and have anywhere from 10-20 ish notifications.
No worries so long as you're productive and not "busy"!