What did you do today?

TheHig

King of Cable Management
Oct 13, 2016
Normally off on Mondays but was on standby for work. First time this year that I was NOT called in while on standby. YES.

Spent a sunny afternoon running a sprinkler showering our 14ft diameter trampoline and going nuts with the kids.

Fun way to cool off and adds just enough danger for that little extra excitement.

el01

King of Cable Management
Jun 4, 2018
I sat on an airplane for 13 hours, then in an airport for 5 hours, another airplane for 3 hours, now I'm sitting in another airport for 3 hours and gonna sit on another airplane for 2 hours. After that I'll get to sit in a car for 2 hours, then sleep. I lived in Chengdu so long time that I don't feel I am going home anymore. Feels like I left home again :(:(:(:(
Wait what??? My mom used to live in Chengdu!!! Which district did you live in? I visit every few years... Do you like the food there?

Sorry for being the stereotypical "overbearing forum poster"

ignsvn

By Toutatis!
SFFn Staff
Apr 4, 2016
Bought a Nintendo Switch. /jk

I did receive some of the parts and tools for the keyboard that I'll be building. 48 NovelKeys x Kailh BOX Heavy Burnt Orange switches, 1 2Ux1 stabilizer, and 1 keycap and switch puller. Hope the switches won't be too heavy at 60g of force versus the 45g that I use now.

48 keys? Which keyboard are you going to build?

IntoxicatedPuma

Customizer of Titles
SFFn Staff
Feb 26, 2016
Wait what??? My mom used to live in Chengdu!!! Which district did you live in? I visit every few years... Do you like the food there?

Sorry for being the stereotypical "overbearing forum poster"

Chenghua for 6 months, ZhongHe for 1 year, HuaYang for the last 3 years. I still have a house in Huayang, just married a local girl (Jinjiang County) and we are waiting for her to get the residence permit for US.

Do I like Sichuan Food? WTF kind of question is that? There is only one possible answer to this.

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
Chenghua for 6 months, ZhongHe for 1 year, HuaYang for the last 3 years. I still have a house in Huayang, just married a local girl (Jinjiang County) and we are waiting for her to get the residence permit for US.

Do I like Sichuan Food? WTF kind of question is that? There is only one possible answer to this.
So, how fluent is your Putonghua?

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
草泥马。:)

Not very fluent. I need to learn Sichuanhua to be a true 成都人.
But you will always be a 老外.:D
(For the benefit of the rest, 外 is just short for foreigners, ie non-Chinese. 老 literally means old but is used here as an emphatic adjective.)

And I hope it is not your wife who taught you this 草泥马. lol

el01

King of Cable Management
Jun 4, 2018
草泥马。:)

Not very fluent. I need to learn Sichuanhua to be a true 成都人.
hahaha

So you like the food?

Either way: (General assumption):
if (american):
print ("most likely does not like Sichuan food")
if (asian):
print ("most likely likes it")
else:
print ("Kinda likes it")

Which one do you fit into?

用中文回答!

el01

King of Cable Management
Jun 4, 2018
But you will always be a 老外.:D
(For the benefit of the rest, 外 is just short for foreigners, ie non-Chinese. 老 literally means old but is used here as an emphatic adjective.)

And I hope it is not your wife who taught you this 草泥马. lol
你是从中国哪里来的?我的爸爸是从河北来的,我的妈妈是从四川来的。我中文打字还是有点差:(。

VegetableStu

Shrink Ray Wielder
Aug 18, 2016
我比较习惯拼音打字。 小学习字 中学词语 写到怕了 ,_,
现在叫我用笔写 我还需要用字典

sorry I'm the worst ethnic chinese ever ,_,

el01

King of Cable Management
Jun 4, 2018
我比较习惯拼音打字。 小学习字 中学词语 写到怕了 ,_,
现在叫我用笔写 我还需要用字典

哎呦我的妈呀!I wish Microsoft brought back pen input on onscreen keyboard for Chinese... RIP >( lol we should start a Chinese chat of all the Chinese people on this website ranting at each other. The other people would be browsing the forums, see the thread, look at it and the translations (using Google Translate of course) and just say "ok then" and leave. I wonder how "天老爷“ would translate...

(sky old boiiiii)

Solo

King of Cable Management
Nov 18, 2017
Returned the Xbox One S that I bought yesterday. It was giving me motion sickness. RIP me playing games.

Reactions: Choidebu

el01

King of Cable Management
Jun 4, 2018
Returned the Xbox One S that I bought yesterday. It was giving me motion sickness. RIP me playing games.
RIP. Go back to PC if you have one. (silently tears up, realizing that none of his computers can run MINECRAFT at more than 20 FPS)

Soul_Est

SFF Guru
SFFn Staff
Feb 12, 2016
@Soul_Est You gonna try some gaming with the box switches?
Once I get the UDOO BOLT, I will. For now, the board would just be for work or just an overpriced switch tester. XD

I am so sorry. What about the XBOX ONE X or a PC? Wouldn't 60 FPS be better for your motion sickness?

RIP. Go back to PC if you have one. (silently tears up, realizing that none of his computers can run MINECRAFT at more than 20 FPS)
Same. My main machine is nearly a decade old. My other rig has much older hardware and was retired years ago.

Today went well enough at work. Watched the Nintendo Direct and Ubisoft presentations. Now watching the PC Gaming Show. So hyped.

Last edited:

el01

King of Cable Management
Jun 4, 2018
VICTORY!!!

I am now the proud owner of a Dell PowerEdge 650, which I can use as a space heater in winter!
http://www.dell.com/downloads/emea/products/pedge/650.pdf
It was the first one shipped from California to Google Denver back in the early 2000s, and at one point all of Google was on it! All it needs is some ECC DDR (not 2 or 3, DDR)! If anyone has some of dat stuff, please mail it to me!

My computer's SD card reader isn't working properly for some reason, but once it does work, photos will come!

Reactions: Biowarejak

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
你是从中国哪里来的?我的爸爸是从河北来的,我的妈妈是从四川来的。我中文打字还是有点差:(。

Guangdong 广东。
I think this forum is strictly English. I think 孔子 will come soon to warn us. So, switch back to English.

Have you watched the movie ''I Not Stupid'' (ie 小孩不笨)?
If not, I highly recommend it.
And, there is a sequel too.

Last edited: