Aug 18, 2016

ehh nope. a bit too naïve to have it made with rings. lol

EDIT: v2 would be something simpler. maybe like this:

Last edited:

Soul_Est

SFF Guru
SFFn Staff
Feb 12, 2016
First on the job: met one of my new teammates, learned what the company really does as well as some important life lessons, and in a case of, "Ask and ye shall receive", got a ride most of the way home. Typing on these reds are still a pain or maybe it's just the layout. More training until next Wednesday in preparation for Black Friday.

Biowarejak

Maker of Awesome | User 1615
Platinum Supporter
Mar 6, 2017
This weekend I more or less took a break from Radian, managed to recuperate and now I'm back at it :) Decided on how I want to mount the glass, but I'm still looking at the best ways to keep the exterior of the bezel unmarred by mounting hardware.

ignsvn

By Toutatis!
SFFn Staff
Apr 4, 2016
First on the job: met one of my new teammates, learned what the company really does as well as some important life lessons, and in a case of, "Ask and ye shall receive", got a ride most of the way home. Typing on these reds are still a pain or maybe it's just the layout. More training until next Wednesday in preparation for Black Friday.

Congrats on the job as well.

What's the problem with the red switch btw? I'm actually considering to switch from brown to red. I do type a lot (well, programmer).

TheHig

King of Cable Management
Oct 13, 2016
I LOVE gaming on the rapid reds that corsair uses but seem to get more satisfaction on anything with tactile feedback while typing. Fewer errors as well. So blues, browns , razor greens etc.. all fun to type on personally. Maybe its the actuation force? Not sure really but mashing W with a high actuation force does bother me while gaming for long sessions.

my 2 cents.

Soul_Est

SFF Guru
SFFn Staff
Feb 12, 2016
Congrats on the job as well.

What's the problem with the red switch btw? I'm actually considering to switch from brown to red. I do type a lot (well, programmer).
For myself, I also type on my ThinkPad's keyboard which has a similar actuation force but shorter travel. Switching between them messes me up. Practising has been helping though.

Soul_Est

SFF Guru
SFFn Staff
Feb 12, 2016
Work today was very chill.

I came home to find out that, yes a technician came to have a look at a TV service issue that has been plaguing my mother and I for a while (missing channels and a missing feature of the TV service), yes they replaced some of the old coax. cable that we had, and yes they replace the PVR with another one without informing my mother that she would lose the content that had been recorded to it. I called the service provider (4th time for the missing feature), got a credit on the account, and yet another technician visit scheduled (which will have to be re-booked).

I received an item in the mail today as well (see the New Toys Thread). Showed it to only other living being in the vicinity, they rolled their eyes, and asked me about what I'm using it for. I really should just keep my hobbies to myself in real life as most of the people I care about do not understand or care to understand me. <-- Yeah, I'm being all angsty. Sue me.

Biowarejak

Platinum Supporter
Mar 6, 2017
Woke up just in time to get to class, fixed an issue with my 6400t listing, and did some homework. I'm getting plenty of work hours this week so I went ahead and ordered an S4M-C Wrap Around Bezel to modify. A handful of people know what I'm planning :) Also installed some old 5400 rpm laptop drives to boost my total storage, slow as hell but I needed the breathing room. Going to work on Radian a bit and then get some sleep.

- Edit: Words are hard

Last edited:

Soul_Est

SFF Guru
SFFn Staff
Feb 12, 2016
Work was good today although mistakes were made and I do not like doing that. Just wish I did not feel as guilty as I do when it happens as distracts me for the next customer. Unfortunately, I still don't know what I don't know (or forgot) and that is where I mess up. I will do better going forward.

Last edited:

Biowarejak

Platinum Supporter
Mar 6, 2017
Work was good today although mistakes were made and I do not like doing that. Just wish I did not feel as guilty as I do when it happens as distracts me for the next customer. Unfortunately, I still don't know what I don't know (or forgot) and that is where I mess up. I will do better going forward.
Keep at it! Only way to improve :)

Biowarejak

Platinum Supporter
Mar 6, 2017
I got up early and worked a full 8 hours. Didn't get to take my legal lunch because the manager decided I wasn't busy enough between all my responsibilities and had me scrubbing floors while we ran a skeleton crew. That's fine I guess. Except he also wanted to put out a turkey that had left the store. Some people, man! Anyhoo, got to eat turkey just now :) yummy!

Reactions: AleksandarK

Soul_Est

SFF Guru
SFFn Staff
Feb 12, 2016
I got up early and worked a full 8 hours. Didn't get to take my legal lunch because the manager decided I wasn't busy enough between all my responsibilities and had me scrubbing floors while we ran a skeleton crew. That's fine I guess. Except he also wanted to put out a turkey that had left the store. Some people, man! Anyhoo, got to eat turkey just now :) yummy!
You are entitled to your legal lunch and your employer is obilgated to let you take it after five consecutive hours of work (at least here in Canada). Whether you do so is another matter. Glad you got some food out of it though.

Evening at second job went well enough. Still learning what I can and wrangling with one system that I have not been trained on fully. Last call really sucked for the customer as the shipper and our company dropped the ball. Missed my bus and nice coworker gave me a ride to the closest stop for the next one. Now for hot chocolate!

Biowarejak

Platinum Supporter
Mar 6, 2017
You are entitled to your legal lunch and your employer is obilgated to let you take it after five consecutive hours of work (at least here in Canada). Whether you do so is another matter. Glad you got some food out of it though.

Evening at second job went well enough. Still learning what I can and wrangling with one system that I have not been trained on fully. Last call really sucked for the customer as the shipper and our company dropped the ball. Missed my bus and nice coworker gave me a ride to the closest stop for the next one. Now for hot chocolate!
Good to hear about your second job :) yeah here in Texas at least its a 30 minute lunch per a shift greater than 6 hours

ChainedHope

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 5, 2016
Had a fun day with the family and relatives for Thanksgiving and got a surprise package in the mail (did you know DHL delivers at 2am?) with all my custom PCBs. Really excited to test out the dummy PCBs that came in to see how signal integrity is for my combo build. Got 3 boards for cable pass through so I can dock the case into the desk for a pretty cool experience. Still need to solder on components but thats a project for another day.

SumGhai

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 14, 2016
Spent time at home yesterday. Finally have a break from school to work a tiny bit on a computer case (though so many others have done what I've been seeking to do) and jump up and down waiting for SFF Lab to open up again.

Seriously debating on waiting for i7-8700 to come back in stock, or pick up the 8700K from microcenter (along with the motherboard) and try undervolting it since I'm using the NH-L9i. I might try R7 1700 or R5 1600 and I hear thermals are good, but I'm kind of biased towards Intel just because of the platform and how people say things run smoother on Intel.