sff.network
Interviewed for an IT support job..

Annnd realised how utterly exhausted I am after the last 2 weeks of hell

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
IT support feels like hell too.
Although today I'm spending time configuring and installing 15 NUCs with M.2 SSDs, which I find therapeutic to do.

craigbru

Cramming big things in small boxes since 2006
Original poster
LOSIAS
Jul 2, 2015
I had a few trees delivered… 46 of them actually. Anyone want to stop by with a shovel?

PlayfulPhoenix

Founder of SFF.N
SFFLAB
Chimera Industries
Gold Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
Sending out job applications.

Interviewed for an IT support job.

Interesting, I've been doing the exact opposite, taking in reams and reams of applications for some developer positions on my team.

Let me tell you, I feel for hiring managers now, the process is very effortful and time consuming to do well. I've been spending evenings and now much of my weekends trying to find good candidates and prep for screenings and interviews. And having to say no to so many people is just soul-crushing - I know the feeling of being passed over and I wish I didn't have to be the one to deliver that to good people.

Anyways, I wish you both the best of luck! I'm sure you'll find solid opportunities. The process is no fun, but man does it feel good when you walk in for your first day.

artimaeus

Apprentice
Apr 13, 2016
I got my A+ Certification last week. I'm working on the rest of them like the CCNET, CCNA Security, CCNP Security, and learning my first programming language C++. I'm working full-time at T-mobile as well in phone sales. Never seems to let up. Back to the grind :)

Soul_Est

SFF Guru
SFFn Staff
Feb 12, 2016
Interviewed for an IT support job..

Annnd realised how utterly exhausted I am after the last 2 weeks of hell
I am so sorry.

IT support feels like hell too.
Although today I'm spending time configuring and installing 15 NUCs with M.2 SSDs, which I find therapeutic to do.
As do I which is why I prefer doing hardware/software integration.

Interesting, I've been doing the exact opposite, taking in reams and reams of applications for some developer positions on my team.

Let me tell you, I feel for hiring managers now, the process is very effortful and time consuming to do well. I've been spending evenings and now much of my weekends trying to find good candidates and prep for screenings and interviews. And having to say no to so many people is just soul-crushing - I know the feeling of being passed over and I wish I didn't have to be the one to deliver that to good people.

Anyways, I wish you both the best of luck! I'm sure you'll find solid opportunities. The process is no fun, but man does it feel good when you walk in for your first day.
These are organic situations with no one side. We all just have to deal as best we can. Thank you for the well wishes. I do hope your new hires do you proud.

I got my A+ Certification last week. I'm working on the rest of them like the CCNET, CCNA Security, CCNP Security, and learning my first programming language C++. I'm working full-time at T-mobile as well in phone sales. Never seems to let up. Back to the grind :)
That's excellent! I never did get my A+ certification despite taking a course in college that preps you for the test. Have fun learning C++. Like C, it's a blast!

Reactions: confusis

confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
Lots of cleaning, organising and still unpacking.

Got word back from both jobs I interviewed for - I interviewed well but I ended up in the top 2-3 of each job and someone with more experience took it. Keep looking I suppose.

Also, booked in for surgery for June 7th. woo -_-

Soul_Est

SFF Guru
SFFn Staff
Feb 12, 2016
Lots of cleaning, organising and still unpacking.

Got word back from both jobs I interviewed for - I interviewed well but I ended up in the top 2-3 of each job and someone with more experience took it. Keep looking I suppose.

Also, booked in for surgery for June 7th. woo -_-
Sorry to hear about that. I know you'll get the job that is right for you. You are also one step closer to healing fully.

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
They're just simple office PCs, a single SSD is more than enough. Or to put it into perspective: these are going to replace PCs that are too old to run Windows 7 or newer. The different NUC models are bought at different times when M.2 was a serious price difference.

Soul_Est

SFF Guru
SFFn Staff
Feb 12, 2016
They're just simple office PCs, a single SSD is more than enough. Or to put it into perspective: these are going to replace PCs that are too old to run Windows 7 or newer. The different NUC models are bought at different times when M.2 was a serious price difference.
Ah gotcha.

Soul_Est

SFF Guru
SFFn Staff
Feb 12, 2016
Folded clothes, tested a couple mobile devices, and sent out more job applications (just did three of them).

craigbru

Original poster
LOSIAS
Jul 2, 2015
I finished this over the weekend. I worked on it solo Saturday and got all the holes dug. Sunday, the wife helped haul the trees to the back via handcart, while I dropped them in the holes. Of course I had to relocate a few underground sprinkler heads as well. I think I'll spend most of the week recovering...

jtd871

SFF Guru
Jun 22, 2015
Hope you were using powered equipment - I put in only 2 trees this past Sunday (a thin 6ft maple and a 2.5ft blue spruce) using shovels and I was glad to be done. Hauling the turf I cut out for the maple back to the garage in my wheely 90-gallon trash bin was tough - the bin kept wanting to go back upright from the weight of the turf so I had to get my wife to help hold the bin "tipped back" while I pulled. I just hope the truck can lift the bin on trash day...

craigbru

Original poster
LOSIAS
Jul 2, 2015
I used a one man auger, but it was limited to making about a 9" hole. I did have to clean out the rest by hand to get to about 16". Still better than 100% by hand...