What did you do today?

iFreilicht

FlexATX Authority
Feb 28, 2015
freilite.com
Did some hardcore homework today.
We have to make a completley norm-compliant technical drawing of a part. In my case it's cast, which means there are a LOT of radii you can't measure. It's a somewhat relaxing experience, though.

IntoxicatedPuma

Customizer of Titles
SFFn Staff
Feb 26, 2016
Riot Games, so they can afford a spiffy campus :p

Ahhh...our former studio manager works for Riot now as well. Now i should ask him why our studio doesn't have a game area like that! I'm guessing it's because we don't have tencents money backing us up ;(

Ask her if she knows Richard Tsao!

PNP

Airflow Optimizer
Oct 10, 2015
Please explain :eek:

As it turns out, big lasers are quite heavy and once you put one down using some epoxy that is as strong as welding it in place, it's going to stay there. Most people use a Sharpie until it's dry, I have to count how many millimeters of line it's drawn.

EDIT: I can't believe there's a product page for it

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Ah for the epoxy to cure. Nice ! I've actually been to that product page in the past, don't know why. I always thought this is of no use except to a handful of companies in the world that make chips.

jeshikat

Jessica. Wayward SFF.n Founder
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
Ask her if she knows Richard Tsao!

She does not, though a quick search shows he works in the Hong Kong office?

It was a lazy morning so we didn't leave rental house until noon. Then it was a quick stop at Samy's Camera in downtown Santa Barbara to pick up some gear and then off to the test drive appointment I made at the Tesla store across town.

I made a thread to talk about that here if any of you have questions. TL;DR it was awesome

After eating some awesome seafood we went down to the Santa Barbara wharf. Not a whole lot to see there, mostly overpriced trinkets to sell to tourists but it does have a great view of the ocean.

There were some seals near the wharf but I pressed the wrong button twice and didn't record the video correctly :p

And I went down to the beach again and got a bit more colorful picture of the sunset:

Reactions: Phuncz

IntoxicatedPuma

Customizer of Titles
SFFn Staff
Feb 26, 2016
Ah makes sense. I thought he had gone back to the US but he still visits Chengdu often, guess it's not too hard when he's that close.

jØrd

S̳C̳S̳I̳ ̳f̳o̳r̳ ̳l̳i̳f̳e̳
sudocide.dev
SFFn Staff
Gold Supporter
LOSIAS
Jul 19, 2015
Today I finally changed my wifi solution. Was using a 1st gen Rpi model B w/ a random usb wifi dongle, Raspian and hostapd. It was supposed to be a temporary solution that ended up staying around for far too long then started getting unstable. Now im using my Domino pi w/ openWRT and on-board wifi. So far its been significantly more stable and a little faster.

Excuse the dust, its on top of a switch (on top of a router on top of a server) on top of a microwave on top of a fridge, getting up there to dust is a pain and no one is ever really up high enough to see it.

Reactions: GuilleAcoustic

GuilleAcoustic

Chief Procrastination Officer
SFFn Staff
LOSIAS
Jun 29, 2015
guilleacoustic.wordpress.com
Today I finally changed my wifi solution. Was using a 1st gen Rpi model B w/ a random usb wifi dongle, Raspian and hostapd. It was supposed to be a temporary solution that ended up staying around for far too long then started getting unstable. Now im using my Domino pi w/ openWRT and on-board wifi. So far its been significantly more stable and a little faster.

Excuse the dust, its on top of a switch (on top of a router on top of a server) on top of a microwave on top of a fridge, getting up there to dust is a pain and no one is ever really up high enough to see it.

Nice Domino Pi bro. Still have mine inside a box, haven't played much with it.

jØrd

S̳C̳S̳I̳ ̳f̳o̳r̳ ̳l̳i̳f̳e̳
sudocide.dev
SFFn Staff
Gold Supporter
LOSIAS
Jul 19, 2015
Lovely how small it is, but what does this actually do? Log traffic in your network? Act as an access point?

Im using it as a wifi AP at the moment

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Today at work, we had serious networking problems in one location for everyone there, about 20 people that day. With no seemingly clear indication what was going on, I drove 100km to unplug someone's home router from our network, because he didn't have our wireless password. I admire colleagues for being problem-solvers, but this time it caused more problems than it solved :)

K888D

SFF Guru
Lazer3D
Feb 23, 2016
www.lazer3d.com
At work today I have been EN140 TIL testing (Total Inward Leakage) face masks.

TIL Testing:
Atomised salt solution is pumped into a chamber in which a test subject/victim (it's a tough test that lasts about 30 minutes) walks on a treadmill at 6.5km/h performing various exercises which challenge the mask seals.

Probes are attached to the mask which are continually monitoring the salt content within the mask, this value is then measured against the salt concentration of the chamber atmosphere to give a real time percentage difference. This percentage is then used to calculate the masks protection factor/performance class.

Luckily I was just operating the rig today and not one of the victims!

Last edited:

PNP

Airflow Optimizer
Oct 10, 2015
Destroyed my calves because the rules designed to prevent me from falling to my death were clearly designed for giants.

Also, I found out why it's common courtesy to trim down excess cable ties all the way: they become little knives otherwise, especially the metal ones. Imagine my delight at having to re-wire a conduit full of what is essentially barbed wire.