What did you do today?

confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
Java. The original :) That way we can run DynMap, IRC Transport, and a couple of other basic mods.

Reactions: Soul_Est

onlyabloke

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jul 22, 2016
pcpartpicker.com
I needed a break from working on cases and writing about working on cases so I made a few modifications to a subreddit theme someone created to spruce up the sub for one of the Japanese bands I've been listening to lately.

Before:

After:

IMHO it turned out quite nice.
If Reddit looked like that all the time I'd actually use it lol XD

I've done nothing but play Forza Horizon 3 Demo and Forza 6. Stitches come out tomorrow so hopefully I can start walking soon.

Soul_Est

SFF Guru
SFFn Staff
Feb 12, 2016
If Reddit looked like that all the time I'd actually use it lol XD

I've done nothing but play Forza Horizon 3 Demo and Forza 6. Stitches come out tomorrow so hopefully I can start walking soon.
*fingers crossed*

I got my computer up with a basic Arch Linux installation and will add more packages and files as needed. I also helped my friend with that ThinkPad X201 she got. I now have said ThinkPad X201 and she has my X200s with the necessary parts swapped between the two (I need my 8 GB RAM! XD).

Reactions: Phuncz

jeshikat

Jessica. Wayward SFF.n Founder
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
Gah, a symmetric connection, I'm jealous.

The cable company in town offers 1Gb/s down and I have a few customers at work that have it. It's nice but they "only" have 50Mb/s up with that plan.

jtd871

SFF Guru
Jun 22, 2015
The cable company in town offers 1Gb/s down and I have a few customers at work that have it. It's nice but they "only" have 50Mb/s up with that plan.

I would expect those numbers to be reversed. I have 50Mb down and ~5Mb up with Xfinity/Comcast, BTW. Located near south suburban Indianapolis.

Soul_Est

SFF Guru
SFFn Staff
Feb 12, 2016
(out of a total of six)(out of a total of six)
Set up an Intel Compute Stick for HTPC (Kodi) purposes. this thing is perfect for what i need it for!
Nice! How is it?

How bout this?

*jelliness intensifies*

:eek: I want.

I went my third counselling session (out of six) today. I am making progress and gaining a healthier perspective on my past and the present moment. I am glad I found this forum as I have learned to bridge and transition from my distraction (technology) to my passion (industrial design) and will continue to do so.

Last edited:
Reactions: jeshikat and Phuncz

SumGhai

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 14, 2016
So I've been back to school and managed to get into a Game Design course that I've been so wanting to take since I was a freshman many moons ago. It's turned out to be the most fun course out of my entire schedule, though that isn't hard to beat with things like Systems Programming and Real Analysis on my schedule (blegh :<). Our first lecture was a sort of ideas meeting where the professor wanted us to sit down and act like designers at a board meeting spit-balling ideas at each other. We came out with ideas for MOBAs, RPGs, arena shooters, and turret defense games. Fun things.

Other than schoolwork, I've been working on three fiction projects: one sci-fi, one high fantasy, and one a sort of contemporary-fantasy genre. I'm particularly excited with my high fantasy project, which I've made absolutely no progress with since high school when it was originally conceived for a Minecraft RPG server. I've had daydreams of turning it into an animation or a comic in the visual style of minecraft, but for now I'm just fleshing out the world as much as I can. Sometimes I wish I went into writing in College rather than fumbling about with Maths and CS.

Reactions: Soul_Est and Phuncz

Soul_Est

SFF Guru
SFFn Staff
Feb 12, 2016
Still jealous :p
Same.

Sometimes you just forget how good you have it.
True.

Here's my home connection.

Haven't been up to much, trying to get my life sorted mostly.
Very nice. Sorting things out will help you going forward.

Today, I hung out with a friend, worked on my computer (setting up a backup and restore solution with stow, etckeeper, and rsync), and listened to music. Now I'm off to play AM2R which you can find links to here as Nintendo is being Nintendon't right now.

Reactions: Phuncz