What did you do today?

SumGhai

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 14, 2016
Started looking into some T-slot beam distributors so I can start prototyping. Wanting to experiment with a small-footprint computer with a two-tone color design.

Reactions: Soul_Est

QinX

Master of Cramming
kees
Mar 2, 2015
I pre-ordered the iPhone 7 Plus 128GB today. My bank account is no longer happy with me :(

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
In the glossy black ? I like the idea of polished and black anodized aluminium.
My phone usage is way too basic to justify paying even remotely that, but I'd like to have one. Although I'm one of those 0,1% fools that don't like phones larger than 4".

QinX

Master of Cramming
kees
Mar 2, 2015
I do like the aesthetic of the "jet black" finish but I went with regular black.
I don't use cases on my phones and with the fragile nature of the jet black finish I thought I'd pass on that.

jeshikat

Jessica. Wayward SFF.n Founder
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
Although I'm one of those 0,1% fools that don't like phones larger than 4".

I was like that until I begrudgingly upgraded from my iPhone 4 to a iphone 6 last year. I still use the 4 as an alarm clock and now I'm amazed that I was using such a small screen for so long.

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
I don't dislike large screens, I'm skeptical about a large phone inside my pants.
Even my 4" phone is larger than my wallet (made in The Netherlands) and I like to mimize the pants "EDC" (*). At work I have a 5" phone, maybe I should mainline that inside my pants for a while. I know from experience that doublestacking my phone and the work phone in one pants pocket is annoying at best, rage inducing at worst.

But I'd still have to convince myself that an iPhone 5S isn't enough for everything I do on it. Everything is snappy, pictures and the screen is good, the size is good and the most handy thing ever since a capacitive screen, TouchID, is on there too.

I never understood why EDC focuses on wallets, key ring attachments (often sharp) and knives, my phone is more EDC than the need for a knife or gimicky keychain "multitool". I hate it when I have a sharp key inside my pants, I sit down and I feel that sneaky swordlike object finding a way into my meaty insides.

GuilleAcoustic

Chief Procrastination Officer
SFFn Staff
LOSIAS
Jun 29, 2015
guilleacoustic.wordpress.com
If I could, I'd carry nothing. I like small phones but have big thumbs. Found 5" to be a suitable compromise. I only use my phone for texting, mailing and phone call, sadly full landscape keyboard phones are no more.

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
So you must have seen some movies or series, or read books or listened to music ? Spill the beans !

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
I'm looking forward to BF1 (on PC) but I'm going to wait until release, read a few reviews first. Not that they'll screw it up like No Man's Sky or Batman Arkham Knight, but BF4 did have a few issues at launch.

jeshikat

Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
I found the BF1 beta a bit underwhelming. The SMGs are total spray-and-pray weapons and the aircraft feel useless.

Tanks are OP but I don't mind that, love driving around in armor. I got 20-2 KD on one match in the light tank :p

Reactions: Soul_Est and Phuncz

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
So what you're saying, it's exactly like BF4 beta :D

This weekend I began playing Deus Ex: Mankind Divided because of the DX12 support patch. Fans of Deus Ex: Human Revolution will feel right at home. Although I was hoping that the city would have been built more openly in general, but the game is very entertaining.

Soul_Est

SFF Guru
SFFn Staff
Feb 12, 2016
I worked on three computers today. I finished working on my friend's laptop (updated to Windows 10) and my father's laptop (corrected printer settings in CUPS) earlier today. Now, I need to install Arch Linux on my laptop and restore my data and configuration files as the last time I tried recovering the system left it in a inconsistent state.

Reactions: Phuncz

jeshikat

Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
I needed a break from working on cases and writing about working on cases so I made a few modifications to a subreddit theme someone created to spruce up the sub for one of the Japanese bands I've been listening to lately.

Before:

After:

IMHO it turned out quite nice.

Reactions: Soul_Est and Phuncz