What did you do today?

el01

King of Cable Management
Jun 4, 2018
I'm finally back online! The past few days in a nutshell: WiFi down, apartment cramped, weather too humid. Chengdu is a pain for weather :p
I'm helping clean out my grandparent's apartment, and there are some downright disgusting things here. A jar of macadamia nuts:
with a wall of mold growing up the center and larvae crawling around

Either way, does anyone know of any good electronics stores in Chengdu? I have a ton of time to burn...

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
Type in ''成都电脑城'' in Baidu and it seems there is an area with a few large computer malls. I have not been there but this seems to be the place to hit. They are along 一环路南二段 and 磨子桥.

Reactions: Soul_Est

el01

King of Cable Management
Jun 4, 2018
Type in ''成都电脑城'' in Baidu and it seems there is an area with a few large computer malls. I have not been there but this seems to be the place to hit. They are along 一环路南二段 and 磨子桥.
Nice... I might go over there next week! Thanks!

VegetableStu

Shrink Ray Wielder
Aug 18, 2016
niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice

Reactions: AleksandarK

BirdofPrey

Standards Guru
Sep 3, 2015
Holy fucking hell!
So I've been playing a bit at the stock market with AMD, and the price has shot up over two dollars from yesterday after they reported their quarterly earnings. My only regret is not buying AMD back when they were still $2 when the Ryzen is going to be great rumors started coming in instead of waiting till it was starting to go on the market and the stock price was $11

el01

King of Cable Management
Jun 4, 2018
If you see anything interesting, report back please.
Do you know how you would say "heatpipe" in Chinese? I don't quite trust Baidu enough to use it after I run out of data on my (free) VPN and I kinda need one for my Lenovo 100S...

Either way, been watching some downloaded (YouTube Red) Buildzoid videos.... Yeah...

I'll be going to a Chinese Walmart later today, so I dumped all the cash out of my wallet to prevent impulsive buys...

VegetableStu

Shrink Ray Wielder
Aug 18, 2016
@VegetableStu I was tempted to get up for that this morning, but my body decided sleep was more important than climbing to the top of a hill in Auckland to get some fancy photos :(
I wasn't able to worship the blood gods with a human offering. Because it was cloudy. Effing nature.

you have no idea of the relatively cosmic lottery I struck at the moment, LOL ._.

(I was already out when skyguide popped a notification. Went out of the building to a clear night with some occasional floating clouds. I took the first few photos with my phone, and decided to just enjoy the eclipsing. Stayed around for super late supper and when I left the moon was pitch black o_o
when I hit home IT WAS STILL GOING ON. took out camera gear because couldn't do with potato pics and then 10 minutes later it uneclipsed over a long time. hit the sack halfway)

I wish my life was this fortunate ,_,

pics in a bit