What did you do today?

Choidebu

"Banned"
Aug 16, 2017
I know that devs are rushing to get games done, but you would think by now that the insane frame rate during menus / loading thing causing whine would be one of the things that they would find a way to eliminate in pretty much every title.
I'd read somewhere that menu is being reimplemented on every game, which is stupid from developer's point of view. These are game devs foraying into gui devs realm, so the usual beginner's pitfalls of gui development are all over the place.

To add, gui toolkit in game frameworks aren't typically very advanced, which I think because they already have steep learning curve and gui is the least of their concern.

jtd871

SFF Guru
Jun 22, 2015
I still have way too much backlog to buy any more games. Finishing up story mode on Lego Batman 1. Overall, it might just be my favorite of the Lego Batmans. I'll reserve final comments until I've finished free play and the 2 bonus (heroes' and villains') levels.

Soul_Est

SFF Guru
SFFn Staff
Feb 12, 2016
Bought 3 games from my wishlist that were on sales:
  • Blaze rush
  • Cross code
  • Tyranny
Yas, you got CrossCode too! 1.0 coming at end of summer hopefully.

I still have way too much backlog to buy any more games. Finishing up story mode on Lego Batman 1. Overall, it might just be my favorite of the Lego Batmans. I'll reserve final comments until I've finished free play and the 2 bonus (heroes' and villains') levels.
Same here. Mostly due to having a potato for gaming. It is a Swiss Army knife for productivity still. Looking forward to your comments. Enjoy your games!

Today, I hung out for a best friend and discussed things like getting a car vs. renting a living space. Their advice? Decide and follow-through, never looking back. Did some online window shopping for clothes and shoes. Currently looking over my new part-list for Full Circle and deciding on what should be bought first.

Nightblade

Airflow Optimizer
Nov 29, 2017
Bought some games from my wish list:

• Trackmania Turbo
  • Lost Sphear
  • Little Busters! English Edition
Started working on a 3 hour music mix to put on YouTube at some point.
currently has these tracks:
1. Desiderium 207 - Armin Van Buuren
2. Mirage - Armin Van Buuren
3. Space Garden - There & Back (Simon O'Shine & TrancEye Remix)
4. Sean Tyas - Banshee (Original Mix)
5. Lux Aeterna(Requiem For A Dream Remix)
6. Zero - Elysium
7. David Eman - Ascension
8. All Is Hell That Ends Well_ by Two Steps From Hell
9. John O'Callaghan ft. Sarah Howells - Find Yourself (Vexare Remix)
10. Daniel Kandi - #Trancefamily
11. [東方アレンジ][TRANCE] Apollo 13 [Touhou]
12. Soulero - A Lifetime (F-777 Remix)

I took a break and did some laps in the swimming pool in my apartment complex, then came back and worked on the mix some more.

Walderstorn

Average Stuffer
Apr 29, 2018
Work was good today, almost no patients in the afternoon.

Portugal is playing so I got out early from work to buy snacks and beer.

Got a package from Amazon that was half opened and a noctua y Split is missing.

Just now standing with the girl asking for dinner at a Indian place.

Aichon

Average Stuffer
Oct 16, 2017
I spent the first six hours of work today going through all of the stuff I've accumulated in the last seven years at work and then setting up my office for the fifth (but final!) time in the last three months.

We've been playing musical chairs with offices for the last three months (TL;DR: roof-destroying hailstorms and torrential rains don't mix with software development), and while it wasn't fun to be leading a team of software developers as we danced between offices in a construction zone, the end result is well worth it. Plus, it certainly doesn't hurt that I came out ahead in terms of office assignments. Quite a few of us were in offices that didn't match up with what we were doing at the company, so I went from a cramped, interior office (one I had chosen for myself years ago and liked rather well, to be fair) to a spacious, window office with a great view and low foot traffic. If only it had a bigger whiteboard...

Nightblade

Airflow Optimizer
Nov 29, 2017
Work today was not busy at all, all the work orders were pretty much done by the time I got to work. Though I had the pleasure of breaking down some boxes from a shipment and popping the air bags that were left over in the boxes.

confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
Took a mental health day off from my day job. Depression and Anxiety Disorder are horrible conditions, sapping my creativity, my ability to write and my ability to be social. Don't need sympathy, just need understanding that reviews are a little delayed! :)

VegetableStu

Shrink Ray Wielder
Aug 18, 2016

Forcing myself to go to step 2 now. the more I look at this the more I alt tab to chrome and look at spec pages ,_,
(and don't get me started on the motherboard because I just revisited the illustrator file for it ,_, being out of touch with the project sucks)

Last edited:

Soul_Est

SFF Guru
SFFn Staff
Feb 12, 2016
Took a mental health day off from my day job. Depression and Anxiety Disorder are horrible conditions, sapping my creativity, my ability to write and my ability to be social. Don't need sympathy, just need understanding that reviews are a little delayed! :)
Take whatever time you need.

Today was hectic at my job. Multiple computers deployed and configured. Remote troubleshooting and work on colleagues' computers. More research and development going into making Windows 10 work for the company.

Nightblade

Airflow Optimizer
Nov 29, 2017
Today had its ups and downs. I found out the night before I went to bed that I got the invitation to order my Tesla Model 3. I was so excited I only got 3 hours of sleep. I woke up this morning feeling like shit. Did all the paper work and got it ordered. Then got an automated text telling me I forgot to clock in to work. I'm like wtf? Then checked my schedule and my boss decided to schedule me on a Friday when I never work Fridays. So I text my boss that I wasn't coming in because I was sick. Then after that I crashed back in bed and slept till 4 pm-ish, then worked on my beta track for Trackmania 2.

Then I left at around 6 pm to go to a friend's house who wanted to cut my hair for free(its a hobby thing). After that, played some DC Deck building with some friends and got crushed. (I ended up with only 11 VP and the guy who won bought every super villain and ended up with 40 VP)