What did you do today?

Soul_Est

SFF Guru
SFFn Staff
Feb 12, 2016
I made a Dark theme for SFF lab in my downtime at work :)

It's called "Darken SFFLab" on the userstyles website and works with the Stylish or Stylus browser extensions

Feel free to install and give feedback if you want - pretty sure I themed everything tho, it was THAT slow lol.
Installed and looks great @royalba94 !

Looks great @royalba94 :) for my part today I got a 93 on yesterday's exam and got in a waterblock for my 750ti. It's purdy, but I still have a ways to go with the rig.
Congrats dude! Knew you could do eet!

owliwar

Master of Cramming
Lazer3D
Apr 7, 2017
Today I had my last test ever on my graduation!
now I only have my graduation final project to present on December (I'll showcase CG7 cravo so I'm mostly ready already)
But I'm all out of classes to attend to!!!!
I'm Almost a product designer now

phew

( Linguistics question here: what is the correct way to call this final project? word by word translation for what we do would be a 'graduation final project', like, we hade to actually build something and document it rather than just writing a thesis about a topic or something like that. and that is the last project we showcase in front of designed teachers and some field professions, etc. its something I always wondered)

Last edited:

SashaLag

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 10, 2018
well I just realized I scratched the polarized layer of my new monitor (a Samsung u32H850) by broking in half a screwdriver while trying to unsrew a gearbox from a broken stepper motor driver... The screwdriver snapped in half (plastic handle) and half of it snapped and fly thitting the screen!That escalated quickly... Fortunatelly, it's a small dot in the lower center half of the screen...

comagoosie

sff is life
May 8, 2018
( Linguistics question here: what is the correct way to call this final project? word by word translation for what we do would be a 'graduation final project', like, we hade to actually build something and document it rather than just writing a thesis about a topic or something like that. and that is the last project we showcase in front of designed teachers and some field professions, etc. its something I always wondered)

Congratulations! As for the phrase you're looking for, I'm most familiar with "senior final design project", but wikipedia has a few other suggestions (though it only specifically talks about high schoolers):
  • culminating project
  • senior project
  • grad project
  • exit project
But I wouldn't worry too much about the terminology, graduation final project gets the point across :p

royalba94

Airflow Optimizer
AVAENTUM SLEEVING
Apr 2, 2017
Avaentum.com
Technically was yesterday but I scored a sweet deal on an Ncase M1! (only $40!! it's got issues like a bad mod job for a vertical GPU but overall still in great shape) - I think my Mom will approve of the space savings (probably gonna be her new computer) compared to the old one ;)

Also made a Dark theme for Mod-One's website (Darken Mod-One) too lol

Solo

King of Cable Management
Nov 18, 2017
A few days ago I returned my DeskMini because there was a disgusting hiss/whine coming from the 1060. It might have actually been louder than the coil whine from an R9 Nano I had ages ago. I'm beyond tilted, but whatever.

jtd871

SFF Guru
Jun 22, 2015
The only time my Deskmini w/ GTX1060 has coil whine is in game menus - when the frame rates go through the roof. Shame you got a bad unit :(

I know that devs are rushing to get games done, but you would think by now that the insane frame rate during menus / loading thing causing whine would be one of the things that they would find a way to eliminate in pretty much every title.