Watercooled Node 202

Bfw99

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Sep 5, 2019
Hey Guys,

This is the second time posting here on sffnetwork.

I wanted to share my project of watercooling a Fractal design node 202 with a dual 240 mm radiator loop.

Here is the parts list:
Case: node 202
Psu: corsair sf600 platinum
Cpu: ryzen 3700x
Gpu:1080ti
Mobo: Aorus x570 pro wifi
Radiators: xspc TX240 (2x)
Reservoir: xspc ion
Pump: Ddc pump with xspc acrylic block
Waterblocks: Gpu ekwb and cpu ekwb velocity
Ram: undecided
Fans: 4x noctua 120mm 15mm

(ill share pics later)

So its my first time watercooling a pc and it will be me first time modding a case. Id like to hear your opinion about the idea. and i would like it if you could gave me tips for modding (what tools to use etc.). Also to continue on the topic of modding because the radiators and fans need space i need to make the rim around the case wider. so instead of being around 80mm thick it will become 130mm. How should i solve that problem: 3d printing? or maybe with a brass slab around it?

i also got a question about fan clearance: how much space does 15 mm thick fan need to work properly/ and should i use a push or pull configuration?

Thanks in advance for your answer and if you have any questions id like to answer them properly

(my native language is not english so dont be too harsh on my grammar :) )

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
202 is not the best option for your idea
I think the OP wants to widen the case, essentially make a rim that pushes the side panel out until everything fits. Seems ... contrived and impractical to me, and unless you have access to metalworking tools it will lack structural integrity. Not to mention that it will make the case significantly larger - each cm added to the width will increase the volume by about 1.2l, so if you go from the standard 82 to 130 you suddenly have a 16l case instead of a 10.2l case. I guess 16l with dual radiators isn't bad, but as I said the design also has other drawbacks. Oh, I just remembered, doesn't the main side panel and the surrounding sides come off as a single piece on the 202? That would make widening it very difficult, as you'd need to cut out the side panel to make it work.

Bfw99

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Sep 5, 2019
@sancho,
Im not trying to stuff the radiator under the videocard.
Under the videocard wil be the reservoir and the pump and on top of all of that will be the 2 240mm radiators.

@Valantar why do i need metalworking tools? the rim can be made out of 3d printed materials. The top half of the case is one piece with the rim on it.
My plan was to cut holes for the radiators to breathe air in and out( u can take of the metal plate inside the 202) and after that make a bigger rim with vents.
Im not too worried about the structural integrity as the metal frame is sturdy of itself.
What i am worried about is the cost of the case after all the mods because one of the reasons im doing this is because i wanted a sff watercooled case thats cheaper than say something like a ncase m1 which is around 250 euro's.

Bfw99

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Sep 5, 2019
Maybe some of you have another sff option that can take dual 240mm radiators?