Looking for some sizing help....

Zer0Sync

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Jan 6, 2017
Hey guys, first post on the forum, been reading and browsing the forum for a few months now but never made an account cause I'm weird like that.

But I'm in desperate need of guidance..... I have a node 202 with custom made holes to fit a corsair H55 like Bitwit did in THIS video.
However the graphics card he is using is the R9 Nano which measures at 153mm length, and my card of choice is a GTX 1070 mini from gigabyte measuring in a 169mm in length. I only have 165mm clearance....
I was wondering if anyone has possibly cut the shroud and the heatsink of this particular GPU, because I'm using a slipstream 12mm fan on the H55 so I can potentially have the PCB of the GPU hanging over the H55 slightly??

And also if i'm going through the trouble of removing the shroud would it be better to leave the shroud and fan off and just mount another slipstream under the heatsink? or should I put the shroud and fan back on AND mount the slipstream below the card still?

Thanks Guys
-Zer0Sync

Reactions: Phuncz

Kmpkt

Innovation through Miniaturization
KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
As long as you don't burst a heatpipe I'm sure it'll be just fine. Hypothetically 4mm less fin would possibly worsen thermals, but I doubt it would be significant. I'm sure that it goes without saying that your warranty would be voided by this mod.

Reactions: ChainedHope

Zer0Sync

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Jan 6, 2017
As long as you don't burst a heatpipe I'm sure it'll be just fine. Hypothetically 4mm less fin would possibly worsen thermals, but I doubt it would be significant. I'm sure that it goes without saying that your warranty would be voided by this mod.
Yeah i'm not to worried about the warranty, i just need to make it fit because I cant afford an R9 nano and I don't want a 1060 or 1050ti.