Node 202 Triple Slot GPU (Zotac AMP 2080)

FAQBytes

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Feb 22, 2017
Hello all,

When looking at PCPartPicker I wanted to confirm compatibility with the case and GPU, and it showed as compatible.

It kinda is, with some modding, and since the Node 202 is a decently popular SFF case, I decided to share my findings.

It really isn't possible to keep the bracket flange as bending it would cause interference with the case or card, depending on the direction, hence it must be cut off. As there is a top flange and is screwed in on both sides of the top as well as the bottom center, there is still a decent amount of structural rigidity.

As for GPU length, the Zotac AMP 2080 really is the longest you would want at 308 mm, without heavy modification of the case or GPU. I have not yet tested with the shroud removed and full-sized fans, though it may be something I attempt in the future.

All in all, I'm decently happy with how everything is running. CPU and GPU generally keep in the high 50's °C.

The only other problem is the USB 3.0 cables that go to the front. In order to prevent them hitting the fan they need to be tied down to the front grill. I'll get photos of that later.

Additionally, if you're going to keep the GPU brace, be sure that you don't put too much pressure on the GPU or it may cause fan interference.

HZCH

Trash Compacter
Jul 21, 2018
Thanks for sharing! I was wondering if anybody had tried to fit a 2.5 slot 1080ti STRIX. Now I know why... that's a decent show of cramming you did there!

FAQBytes

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Feb 22, 2017
Thanks for sharing! I was wondering if anybody had tried to fit a 2.5 slot 1080ti STRIX. Now I know why... that's a decent show of cramming you did there!
Honestly the worst part are the front panel cables that like to be eaten by the fans. That took some testing to get right, but everything else took like 15 minutes to do.

qhash

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Nov 4, 2019
Honestly the worst part are the front panel cables that like to be eaten by the fans. That took some testing to get right, but everything else took like 15 minutes to do.
Hi guys, hi FAQBytes I am new here :) I want to build a similiar PC and maybe you will be able to help me:

1. What do you think works better in 202 - a 2 slot GPU + 25/15mm fans that together create a kind of PUSH-PUSH-radiator config or a 2,25/2,5/3 SLOT GPU working alone?
2. What is the true GPU chamber size? 50.2mm GPU ( so around 2.25 slot) will or will not leave enough clearance for some 12/15mm fans?