Vercold project(watercooled lowtemp slim mini-itx system)

What glass panel version you like more

• 2nd (glass bigger, than case)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

izlomdoc

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Jan 29, 2018
Hello everyone!​
I want to show my watercooled build. This PC based on a custom case "observer slim" by Kviker and external radiator mo-ra3 360LT, which is placed in the loggia.

Current desktop look.

PC parts:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700
MB: Asus rog strix x370-i gaming
GPU: Sapphire Radeon r9 nano
RAM: HyperX Predator 3000mhz 2x16gb kit
ST: Corsair MP500 240gb m2 NVMe + 2 sata (120+240gb)
PSU: Silverstone SX700-LPT

Cooling parts:
CPU: Heatkiller IV
GPU: Bykski monoblock
Rad.: MO-RA 360 LT
Pump: D5 Vario+ЕК Top, Barrow DDC +barrow top and res
Con: EK-Tube ZMT 10x16, 10x16 Feser tube, q-freeze and EK fittings, quick-disc. fittings Koolance

The main target of this build is creating the max cooled and at the same time quiet (preferably zero noise) PC.
Just one screenshot from OW for show temp:

CPU work on 4ghz (1,35v), GPU have modified BIOS and can eatting 400 watt + overclocked(1100\500mhz), RAM work on 3200mhz (16-18-18-38).
Average temps in gaming: 19-23c CPU, 18-22c GPU.
Average temps in stresstest (aida64+unique): 33-35c CPU, 28-33c GPU.
During testing on the street around 0° C, in the loggia 8° C, in the room 26-28° C. The liquid in the circuit has a temperature of about 13 ° C during games and 20 ° C in stresstesting.

With noise, the situation is more controversial. While working (I'm working in Photoshop and Vegas), I'm in total silence, because there is not a single movable element in the case (all the moving cooling parts are in the loggia, and the power supply has a semi-passive mode). But during gaming, the fan in the power supply wakes up and breaks the silence. It's still much quieter than almost any normal PC, but still not complete silence. The second source of noise when gaming is VRM zone on CPU. But in the future, GPU will be updated to a newer one.

Time for photospam!

I'm done with building in case (up to the release of the next generation of video cards), but cooling module now in alpha version. I don't care about look of this at all now, but planned upgrade this in future.

That's all I wanted to show you today. Thanks for watching and sorry for bad english!

Last edited:

owliwar

Master of Cramming
Lazer3D
Apr 7, 2017
nice setup (nice dokis)

those tubings looks so thick
its probably because of how small the case is right? nice pictures as well :)

izlomdoc

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Jan 29, 2018
nice setup (nice dokis)

those tubings looks so thick
its probably because of how small the case is right? nice pictures as well :)
Thank you very much!
I'm using 10x16 tubes - is medium for normal size pc, but in itx build is looks, yea, thiiiiick.
About size case : 340x320x73. Is not epic small, if compare to most smallest ITX cases, but this case have very nice compatibility with hardware.
This case can take 320mm GPU what take 2-2.5 slots (depend version case).
Sfx\sfx-L mounting optional too.
Depend version case can have minimal 2x 2.5'' drives, with some options - 4x.
My version have some special things for watercooling build, but this case created for aircooling.Therefore, some features of case are not disclosed in my build.
Also i have plans to make glass panel for this case. I think is will be nice for this.

Last edited:
Reactions: owliwar

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Well done on the build, it looks nice and clean ! The images are well done, especially the ones of your current desktop.

Sandez

Chassis Packer
Oct 29, 2017
Very neat and clean build, nice photography skills too. Love the water cooling setup, only wish you had kept with air cooling so I could know what temps to expect with mine, but that's being selfish! I'm jealous you've got yours already though.

The best part about this case is that you have a sub 8L case with almost no compromise on compatibility. I'm getting this case (any day now) specifically to put in the monster sized Zotac 1080ti Amp Extreme. From speaking with kviker, it should fit with maybe a millimetre to spare

izlomdoc

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Jan 29, 2018
Nicely done and neat build log. Thanks!
Thanky ^__^
Wow, cell phone cameras these days are amazing.
In this post no any mobile camera shoots
Very neat and clean build, nice photography skills too.
Love the water cooling setup, only wish you had kept with air cooling so I could know what temps to expect with mine
I think, you can get ok temp without problem in this case.
but that's being selfish! I'm jealous you've got yours already though.
I also waited for my case long enough, not to mention how long I planned to make this PC. :)
But yes, I have a slight advantage, since I live in the same city as Kviker, lol

izlomdoc

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Jan 29, 2018
We continue to improve the look of the case. In the full version of the text (unfortunately, only in Russian), I said that I really want a glass cover for the case. And now we with Kviker are trying to decide which version of the design we will choose for this. I want the glass to be the same size with the body, but this requires additional fastening elements (triangles in the screenshot), which do not look very good.
Quaker suggested another option: The glass is slightly larger than the case, but then no additional parts are needed.
I still prefer the option of glass to the size of the case. But what do you think about it?
I will add voting to the first post.

1st version

2nd version

BrotherStein

Cable-Tie Ninja
Nov 11, 2017
I have a build very similar in layout, BUT I was stuck with a Corsair H75. I should have a build log up next week on it after writing and taking photos, but did you have any issues with the bends. I didn't do much research, but how much bend does it take for you to see a reduction in performance?

BrotherStein

Cable-Tie Ninja
Nov 11, 2017
You mean tubes bends? Is depend tube model. I dont have problem with this, but because 10x16 tube and zmt model. If the bend of the tube is too large, the liquid will just stop.

Yes, tube bends. I understand what happens if they bend too much; I was just curious to see if you had and performance issues with the bends up there going around the RAM.

izlomdoc

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Jan 29, 2018
Yes, tube bends. I understand what happens if they bend too much; I was just curious to see if you had and performance issues with the bends up there going around the RAM.
I dont have any issues now with perfomance, but i think only this zmt and maybe primochill tubes can use those bend without problem.

Reactions: BrotherStein

izlomdoc

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Jan 29, 2018
So, time for update thread!

PС finally got a glass panel.

This is a panel of tempered glass, 4mm thick. The addition of this glass required the addition of new parts of the case for fastening. Сase became higher on about 1.5 centimeters, but now it looks much better. In addition, a change in design has made it possible to reduce sound from air flow during work of the power supply fan.

Also, one more metal panel was added, which hides cables and SSD's.

Tube position changed. Because of this I was able to get rid of the strong bending of the tube.
This was made possible by a change m2 ssd radiator. Asus shield was replaced by a radiator from the firm Jeyi. It is a little more compact, but has a more complex shape and allows you to get rid of the large temperature jumps of the disk under load, and also to lower the average temperature by about 5 degrees.

The PSU power cable was also changed. Due to this I can place the power supply unit higher in the case and arrange the cables more accurately. I like actual inside look so much.
Last part, what was upgraded - rgb lighting. I rarely use the backlight, but still decided to install it. For control this i use controller with satapower connector and wireless remote. Is more comfortable to use than motherboard rbg lighting features.
Some bonus photo with godlike heatkiller:

Thanks for watching this thread and feedback! see ya ^__^

P.s. Big thanks to Kviker for his observer slim case and help with new additional metal parts!