Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Shift Hardline Loop

Schlass

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
Feb 8, 2018
Hey,
I just finished my first Hardline build with only some little things left to do. As this is my second custom loop I am quite satisfied with the result. I am planning to add some LEDs and to install the Phanteks Fan Hub to make it a little bit more quiet. Right now I am using the low noise adapter from Noctua but even with those the fans are still quite loud. As far as temps are concerned I ran AIDA64 on both the gpu and cpu for two houres and had max temps of 64 degress C on the GPU and 60 on the CPU. These will go up when the fans are spinning slower though but it should still be passable.

I used the following components:
- Ryzen 7 1700 @3.5Ghz with 1.15V
- Gigabyte G1 GTX 1080
- 16GiB Corsair Vengance LPX
- 450W PSU from my Fractal Design Node 202
- Samsung 850 Pro 256GB

- All WBs are EKWB as well as most of the fittings (the 90 degree compressions are from bitspower as you can see)
- 2 120mm rads from Magicool (1x 30mm, 1x 27mm)
- EK-XRES 100 SPC-60 MX pump/res combo
- 2 Noctua slim fans (I don't know the exact model atm)

Here are some pictures of the build(I will add some later on when the final touches have been made)

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
I would love to see a Shift with hardline tubing but you have no images showing.

deathadder666

Trash Compacter
Feb 4, 2018
Thanks for doing this, I was thinking of something similar. I'm waiting for some of those prototype cases to hit production, but I keep circling the Shift for this build. Yours looks great. Very inspiring.

I'm guessing not, but can you re-route the tubing for the CPU behind that "Phanteks" cord cover there in the middle of the chassis? Also, how thick are those radiators and fans? I was thinking of doing something like that with dual 120mm radiators so I can effectively cool a CPU and GPU.

Nakker

Minimal Tinkerer
Feb 17, 2018
Hey this may just be the exact thing I've been after I have been wanting to do a full watercooled build in this case. Can you confirm it is the Shift and not the Shift X? And are there any mods you made to the case to get that radiator at the very bottom in the usual fan mounting point?

deathadder666

Trash Compacter
Feb 4, 2018
Can you confirm it is the Shift and not the Shift X?

I can tell you its the Shift and not the Shift X. There is a noticeable size difference with the side panels off. The bottom chamber would have a lot more visible free space if it was the X version. Based on dimensions, about 7" taller.

Schlass

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
Feb 8, 2018
Thank you very much for that. Did you need to alter the holes for the radiator to fit in that very bottom part?
Yes I had to Dremel out some of the metal down there so that the fittings could fit there but nothing hard ;)

Thanks for doing this, I was thinking of something similar. I'm waiting for some of those prototype cases to hit production, but I keep circling the Shift for this build. Yours looks great. Very inspiring.

I'm guessing not, but can you re-route the tubing for the CPU behind that "Phanteks" cord cover there in the middle of the chassis? Also, how thick are those radiators and fans? I was thinking of doing something like that with dual 120mm radiators so I can effectively cool a CPU and GPU.

The bottom one is a slim (27mm) Rad but in hindsight i could have used a 30mm down there as well. And the front one is a standard 30 mm slimm radiator. Also regarding the rerouting of the tubing I don't think that'll work

Also sorry for the late replies.

SYC

What's an ITX?
May 15, 2018
What bracket did you use to mount the pump to the fan? I also have the EK-XRES 100 pump/res combo with a 15mm slim fan but the EK vertical pump bracket is just a little too thick to have all three parts fit in vertically.