Power Supply Velkase ENP-7660B VK: Semi-Custom Black 600W FlexATX PSU sold by Velkase

SFF Watercooled

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Sep 26, 2020
Description

This semi-custom PSU is great for black-themed FlexATX builds and should be a great alternative to the SFFTEC ENP-7660B Pro, which is also black but has extremely long delivery times and a lot of the time doesn't deliver at all. A lot of people have been complaining about the SFFTEC ENP-7660B not delivering, which is concerning. The Velka edition is $139.99 when sold individually, and only $100 when bundled with a Velka 3 rev 2.0 or Velka 5 rev 2.0, making it cheaper than the original 7660B sold by Enhance on Amazon!

Specifications from the website

A semi-custom version of the ENP-7660B with a black powder-coated casing and shortened black cables. Makes cable management a breeze in small cases.

Available for $100 only if bundled with a revision 2.0 Velka 3 (not RL) here or Velka 5 case here. This discount is limited to 1 power supply per case.

• 2x 6+2 pin VGA, 1x 4+4 pin EPS, 2x SATA, 1x 20+4 pin MB connectors
  • Input voltage range: 100-240 V
  • Output power: 600 W continuous
  • High efficiency: 92% efficient at 50% load
Cable lengths. “+” indicates that there is another connector connected to those wires.
  • 24 pin MB: 250 mm
  • 8 pin EPS (for CPU): 350 mm
  • 8 pin VGA (for graphics card): 250 mm + 50 mm
  • SATA: 200 mm + 150 mm
AC power cord not included

Warranty: 1 year

Links

Main link

Velkase ENP-7660B VK

Other links

SFFTEC ENP-7660B Pro (Buyer beware!)
Enhance ENP-7660B

Last edited:

Overtek

Airflow Optimizer
OVERTEK
Gold Supporter
May 22, 2017
www.overtek.co.uk
How is the fan on the unit?
Probably the original, nothing wrong with that really in so much that it runs at approx 3800rpm up to 360W load then increases. At 360W and below, just over 23dB @ 100cm / 29.5dB @ 30cm.
From 540W load upwards then you'll be stepping up with a bit more noise. 30.5dB @100cm / 39dB @ 30cm
Max @ 600W of 39.48dB @ 100cm or 49dB @ 30cm.

Overtek

Airflow Optimizer
OVERTEK
Gold Supporter
May 22, 2017
www.overtek.co.uk
very quiet up to 480W load, but gets louder going up to 600W.

what's written right above is not accurate.

Is it not? Tell you what, have a little tickle of yourself with this instead

Screenshot_15.jpg

ps background environmental noise for the test is 17dB.

Now all I could do with knowing is what connectors and cable lengths people would really like to see on the 600W Enhance model.

Do you really like black cables, not make fault finding a bit more of a pain?

Instran0

Master of Cramming
May 31, 2017
@Otamot ,i understand what a piece of paper says.

but in real life, a piece of paper can be wrong.

several Forum members have actually tested this PSU model.

their reports are that its near-silent [ non SFFTEC versions ] ,up until 450-480W, then after that it gets louder.

Overtek

Airflow Optimizer
OVERTEK
Gold Supporter
May 22, 2017
www.overtek.co.uk
@Instran0 Sounds like we're pretty much splitting hairs.

Got any input on ideal connectors for it? Was thinking individual 2 x PCI-E 6+2 but on individual looms ie not 2 connectors sharing their load on 3 circuits. Thinking on that is simply for anyone feeling like they really want to try and run a 3090 GPU card with it and just for better thermals and load balance overall.

As for the rest I dunno, got a few things to balance up

Be interested to hear if you have any opinion on the 400W Gold Enhance model ENP-7140

Have any other forum members load and overload tested it?
Something I'll do in future for reference. Just wondering where the over power protection kicks in a shuts down. At a guess its in the 650-700W region. Maybe 10% above spec.

1615450902289.png

Overtek

Airflow Optimizer
OVERTEK
Gold Supporter
May 22, 2017
www.overtek.co.uk
one of the best threads, for reviews from others who actually have this PSU,
is this thread : https://smallformfactor.net/forum/threads/enp-7660b-from-sfftec.14809/
Cheers. How that other company works is certinaly not the way I work at all.
They clearly had no capital and Enhance aren't going to suddenly give out a line of credit.
As for being early prototypes, that wouldn't be the case. They will only have gone into production when they had enough money to pay for the goods, after which your looking at an 8 week lead time for production then sea shipping time usually 12-13 weeks.
Fan noise will be down to poor fan quality. Good to know as its easily pre-handled. The only thing different from standard on the SFFTEC unit was the loom config, wire colour and case colour. No channge to the PCB design or components or fan model.

You can't really go changing to the fan to every fan fanboys favourite "Nocatocawhatnot" As they don't have anything that will produce enough CFM in suitable 40mm size, and at full load it wouldn't be to long at all till the components cooked prematurely and failed if you went down that route.

You can somtimes tweek around with the fan speed controller and when your doing enough quantity what companies like Seasonic sometimes also do is get their own speical fan verison done with very low fan startup voltage etc.

Fun stuff

I guess there's not that much interest anymore now in availability of Enhance's 600W Flex ATX unit, so its questionable whether we should carry it.

robbee

King of Cable Management
n3rdware
Bronze Supporter
Sep 24, 2016
I guess there's not that much interest anymore now in availability of Enhance's 600W Flex ATX unit, so its questionable whether we should carry it.

You should see if you can find enough interested people on /r/sffpc, flex atx is quite popular there.

Overtek

Airflow Optimizer
OVERTEK
Gold Supporter
May 22, 2017
www.overtek.co.uk
You should see if you can find enough interested people on /r/sffpc, flex atx is quite popular there.
Thanks Robbee, It now looks like from the B2B side we've reasonable enough demand to justify.

But will be looking to run it with 4 SATA, 2 Molex, 2 PCI-E (on individual looms for better thermals) Maybe a few to many HDD connectors for some, but we can always remove the excess that's more suited to 1U applications.

Instran0

Master of Cramming
May 31, 2017
It'll be stock, which is very quiet until under heavy load.

can anyone who actually owns this PSU, confirm at exactly what wattage, the fan starts to get louder ???

i've heard different answers of 400W, 450W, and also 480W.

please clarify this, if you're able to.

Overtek

Airflow Optimizer
OVERTEK
Gold Supporter
May 22, 2017
www.overtek.co.uk
can anyone who actually owns this PSU, confirm at exactly what wattage, the fan starts to get louder ???

i've heard different answers of 400W, 450W, and also 480W.

please clarify this, if you're able to.
You know you'll get a wide variety of answers, if any at all, as the majority of users simply will not have at least a variable load(s) where they can run a constant load on the output to give close idea of an answer to that. Send one to me and I'll put it on our variable loads, lol, or wait about 3 months and I'll be test then regardless

Instran0

Master of Cramming
May 31, 2017
You know you'll get a wide variety of answers

yes.

when you want to get facts on something, you take a wide variety of answers, and then " average " them.

an example of an average, are the ratings on amazon book reviews.

that's exactly what amazon books wants - a wide variety of reviews, which they then use to compute an " average " .