Motherboard Thin ITX Discussion Thread

quintessence

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Nov 17, 2019
well...I got costs for three of the ITX boards off of Asrock Industrial's website.

IMB-1213 is $270 CAD plus tax / shipipng
IMB-1215 is $250 CAD plus tax / shipping
IMB-A1000 is $180 CAD plus tax / shipping...however, it's not meant for the NA market (I live in Canuckistan) so it has to be special ordered out of Vietnam. my supplier is checking if there's a MOQ for the board.

so, if anyone is interested in any of these boards feel free to send me a PM and when I'm ready to order, see what I can do to help.

I'm interested in that IMB-A1000 and also in Canukistan. PM'd. Thinking of 3D printing a case and just grounding the standoffs with wire to the connector.

Last edited:

NateDawg72

Master of Cramming
Aug 11, 2016
There's been lots of discussions about these boards and a few links to websites that have them for sale. Have any of you bought boards and done builds with them? Because I'd love to see it ?

@Windfall did you end up getting one of those GA-IMB310TN boards?

I'm trying to buy the GA-IMB310TN and ordering it has been a rollercoaster. I've found several US sellers with reasonable prices but 1st order they packed into the wrong box and shipped in an order to someone else and refunded me. Second seller cancelled the order because they were out of stock. I'm now on the 3rd order and crossing my fingers. My father asked me to make him the smallest gaming PC I could so I'm taking him up on the challenge haha

Windfall

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFFn Staff
Nov 14, 2017
There's been lots of discussions about these boards and a few links to websites that have them for sale. Have any of you bought boards and done builds with them? Because I'd love to see it ?

@Windfall did you end up getting one of those GA-IMB310TN boards?

I'm trying to buy the GA-IMB310TN and ordering it has been a rollercoaster. I've found several US sellers with reasonable prices but 1st order they packed into the wrong box and shipped in an order to someone else and refunded me. Second seller cancelled the order because they were out of stock. I'm now on the 3rd order and crossing my fingers. My father asked me to make him the smallest gaming PC I could so I'm taking him up on the challenge haha

Yeah, I got one. It's sitting in a box here somewhere. I just bought supporter status, so I intend to clear out a lot of stuff here. If I do decide to sell it, I'll dm you first.

NateDawg72

Master of Cramming
Aug 11, 2016
Yeah, I got one. It's sitting in a box here somewhere. I just bought supporter status, so I intend to clear out a lot of stuff here. If I do decide to sell it, I'll dm you first.
I probably should have asked you before I ordered one! lol
It hasn't shipped yet so I'll see if it gets fulfilled. I might still be interested even if they ship it because if the build goes well I might want to build another for myself.

Reactions: Windfall

Windfall

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFFn Staff
Nov 14, 2017
I probably should have asked you before I ordered one! lol
It hasn't shipped yet so I'll see if it gets fulfilled. I might still be interested even if they ship it because if the build goes well I might want to build another for myself.

Best of luck!

Windfall

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFFn Staff
Nov 14, 2017
I mounted it on an open frame, while watching TV this evening. Aesthetically I find it quite pleasing.

I can’t find a manual anywhere for it, so not sure on cpu comparability. Only have a 9600k spare and not sure I want to Chuck that in it.

That looks awesome! How do you intend to power it, and what about shorts against the frame?

It should work with the 9600K but I wouldn't put it under any sort of load.
If the board is TDP limited, it probably won't boot.

Goatee

King of Cable Management
Jun 22, 2018
That looks awesome! How do you intend to power it, and what about shorts against the frame?

It should work with the 9600K but I wouldn't put it under any sort of load.
If the board is TDP limited, it probably won't boot.
The frame is anodised, nothing apart from standoffs touch the frame so not that worried about shorting.

I found a box with laptop adaptors in it and I have a 4 pin type like this board uses.

I plan to try it tonight and see if I can get it to boot.

Reactions: Windfall

Goatee

King of Cable Management
Jun 22, 2018
The PSU I found is rated for 16A @ 12V, so should be fine for my planned build of 7700T and GTX1650.

The 9600k is in, I added 4GB of DDR4 scavenged from a laptop, an old Sata M.2 drive and a Dynatron 1U cooler as it fits on the pre-installed bracket on the motherboard. I plugged everything in and much to my surprise it booted first time.

Reactions: Arboreal

Windfall

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFFn Staff
Nov 14, 2017
piccies:

It’s pretty thin, even with the massive frame.

down with thicc, up with thinn

In seriousness, that looks awesome. What are you using for storage/ram, and is that a dynatron cooler?

Goatee

King of Cable Management
Jun 22, 2018
down with thicc, up with thinn

In seriousness, that looks awesome. What are you using for storage/ram, and is that a dynatron cooler?

Its all just to make sure the board works and yes on the dynatron noise maker. generic DDR4 and a plexor 250 M.2 drive.

Its going to be the guts of a passive case of my own creation.......