Prototype The world most flexible SFF case? LOUQE Ghost S1

vseddie

Cable Smoosher
Apr 15, 2018
if i were in you i would figure out how thick is the radiator+fan and then ask to the guys at louqe if there is enough room under the psu to fit it. you might have to buy a medium top hat to fit it (but i'm not sure)

Yeah the Louqe guys said I'll need a large top hat for the EVGA Hybrid AIO. Guess I'll stick another 25mm case fan beside it in the top hat and use the single fan Noctua NH-L12 cpu cooler. I think their 60deg max temps on an 8700k is optimistic but I'm not planning on overclocking anyway lol.

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
Yeah the Louqe guys said I'll need a large top hat for the EVGA Hybrid AIO. Guess I'll stick another 25mm case fan beside it in the top hat and use the single fan Noctua NH-L12 cpu cooler. I think their 60deg max temps on an 8700k is optimistic but I'm not planning on overclocking anyway lol.

Even delidded the 8700k won't max at 60C. Expect at least 75C with the NH-L12. I am using mine with a Scythe Big Shuriken 2 and even delidded I get 74C running Prime95 and Louqe's own tests show the Big Shuriken cools a bit better than the Noctua.

Edit: Sorry I needed to edit my post, I did not correctly remember the heat sink results. I was thinking of the test they ran for the Lazer3D LZ7.

The test used was Firestrike Extreme and the NH-L12 had max temps of 60C during the test. This is actually very realistic as I get max temps in the low 60s C while gaming.

Last edited:

vseddie

Cable Smoosher
Apr 15, 2018
I wonder if a large top hat on the bottom with a 120 AIO with 50mm thick radiator and single 25mm fan under the PSU would cool better than these low profile cpu air coolers? Then I could still put my GPU AIO beside it lol

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
Here is some testing the user @Revenant did in his MI-6 with a 8700 and Noctua NH-L12, I know many Ghost owners are planning on using this cooler. Check this post and the 3 after. He is using a non k 8700 without delidding and this should give you an idea of the temps you can expect using the Noctua with a 8700k. 60C is optimistic to say the least.

Rebel640

Caliper Novice
Mar 29, 2018
Can confirm higher temps on 8700k.
I didn't delid but with Scythe Shuriken with Noctua 120x15 fan, temps with prime95 go upto 85c.

Idle and moderate load temp is 40ish c and 60c respectively and I can nearly hear the fan hum if i pay attention in a quiet room so all in all its pretty good.

This is without any case fans in a small case (lian li pc q 38)

Last edited:
Reactions: vseddie

FoskcoRS5

Designated LMG
Jan 31, 2017
I just ordered ghost s1.
When is delivery complete??
I am looking forward to.
Looking at the website, when adding the chassis to cart there is this message.

NOTE: This is a pledge reward for backers who did not catch the Kickstarter campaign. Backing the project and receiving this reward is not legally buying a product as such. Refer to the "Refund terms and conditions" for more information.

By this note, you didn't buy the chassis, so delivery is going to be some time until the project completes.

Bangle

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 12, 2018
Looking at the website, when adding the chassis to cart there is this message.

NOTE: This is a pledge reward for backers who did not catch the Kickstarter campaign. Backing the project and receiving this reward is not legally buying a product as such. Refer to the "Refund terms and conditions" for more information.

By this note, you didn't buy the chassis, so delivery is going to be some time until the project completes.
Unhelpful answer. I've been told that delivery is expected some time in June. Although it may be longer due to manufacturing etc.

Reactions: Flyingpepper

greyhound

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 21, 2018
Unhelpful answer. I've been told that delivery is expected some time in June. Although it may be longer due to manufacturing etc.
unfortunately they are still waiting for the second supplier to send the samples, as it is now they just have some pictures (that don t look great), it will take till early next week for them to have the samples and then 48 hours to decide which one of the manufactors will be in charge of the production, at that point 6 more weeks for production+ 1 week for shipping.

because of that it will be most likely delayed again in july

FoskcoRS5

Designated LMG
Jan 31, 2017
unfortunately they are still waiting for the second supplier to send the samples, as it is now they just have some pictures (that don t look great), it will take till early next week for them to have the samples and then 48 hours to decide which one of the manufactors will be in charge of the production, at that point 6 more weeks for production+ 1 week for shipping.

because of that it will be most likely delayed again in july

Helpful answer.

Are these the pictures to which you are referring?

Reactions: Flyingpepper

greyhound

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 21, 2018

FoskcoRS5

Designated LMG
Jan 31, 2017
Reactions: Biowarejak