Prototype The world most flexible SFF case? LOUQE Ghost S1

Biowarejak

Maker of Awesome | User 1615
Platinum Supporter
Mar 6, 2017
removing some holes doesn't require any tool modification...just 5 min of work on the 3d model.

it would actually make production faster and slightly cheaper
Depending on how they plan to manufacture it (probably a punch, I'm guessing, for quicker manufacturing) then it means remaking and replacing the punch and the die. Very expensive, especially on short notice.

greyhound

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 21, 2018
Depending on how they plan to manufacture it (probably a punch, I'm guessing, for quicker manufacturing) then it means remaking and replacing the punch and the die. Very expensive, especially on short notice.
The holes are milled so no extra cost...just less building time

greyhound

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 21, 2018
Even so, they would also need to update the tooling path. Sure they could, but whether or not they will is up to them.
The only thing that need to change is the 3d model to load on the machine and as said it will take just 5 min to change the model and 2 min to load it on the machine...

They themselves asked about changing it from 8 to 4 holes...here we are just asking to go from 8 to 0 holes like it was originally

htko89

Trash Compacter
Nov 22, 2017
I can't believe we are having this conversation here as well. As concluded on the slack, there is no clear answer to this. The compromise is small enough that people who want a modular case will continue to fight for it, while annoying enough for the visual perfectionists that they will continue to fight for it.

Give it a rest, we argued about this until some of use felt the discussion became toxic, indeed some were quite rude.

It became a running joke in the end that whenever we discuss any changes that might be controversial we start with yelling "HOLES OR NO HOLES". If this isn't indication that this conversation needs to stop, well now it should.

AleksandarK

/dev/null
May 14, 2017
I can't believe we are having this conversation here as well. As concluded on the slack, there is no clear answer to this. The compromise is small enough that people who want a modular case will continue to fight for it, while annoying enough for the visual perfectionists that they will continue to fight for it.

Give it a rest, we argued about this until some of use felt the discussion became toxic, indeed some were quite rude.

It became a running joke in the end that whenever we discuss any changes that might be controversial we start with yelling "HOLES OR NO HOLES". If this isn't indication that this conversation needs to stop, well now it should.
I highly respect you for saying this!

This kind of discussion can be very toxic at times and it will lead to a lot of bad things being said, so please people keep the conversation friendly, non toxic and respect designers decisions!

greyhound

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 21, 2018

I highly respect you for saying this!

This kind of discussion can be very toxic at times and it will lead to a lot of bad things being said, so please people keep the conversation friendly, non toxic and respect designers decisions!

honestly i couldn't see anyone being rude here...
pachalsky himself asked for feedbacks about the holes and as far as i know feedbacks and circle-jerking aren't the same thing.

here people just shared their opinion on the matter and i don t see anything wrong about that.

the idea that everyone has to agree on everything is a very bad and unhealth mindset that this kind of forums share with reddit.

vseddie

Cable Smoosher
Apr 15, 2018
Just ordered an Evga 1080 TI SC2 Hybrid. Compatibility sheet says it fits without needing a tophat so hopefully have no issues mounting the 120mm AIO under the PSU lol

greyhound

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 21, 2018
okay: "holes here might help imo because xyz"
grinds people's gears: "it takes 20 minutes repeating instancing and reweilding in fusion360 to do this change why not just do it?"

at least that's how i'd feel ._.
if for you that isn't an important change you can ignore the discussion, for other it is an important change so they have the right to voice their opinion, expecially when it was asked.
expecting others to shut up because you don't care isn't how forums work, even complaining about the slack discussion is stupid, there is a channel dedicated to the discussions about the top grills and you complain about people actually discussing about the top grill in that channel?

Just ordered an Evga 1080 TI SC2 Hybrid. Compatibility sheet says it fits without needing a tophat so hopefully have no issues mounting the 120mm AIO under the PSU lol

if i were in you i would figure out how thick is the radiator+fan and then ask to the guys at louqe if there is enough room under the psu to fit it. you might have to buy a medium top hat to fit it (but i'm not sure)

AleksandarK

/dev/null
May 14, 2017
honestly i couldn't see anyone being rude here...
pachalsky himself asked for feedbacks about the holes and as far as i know feedbacks and circle-jerking aren't the same thing.

here people just shared their opinion on the matter and i don t see anything wrong about that.

the idea that everyone has to agree on everything is a very bad and unhealth mindset that this kind of forums share with reddit.
Meta discussion about the quality of the discussion is off topic. If people have feedback relevant to that which was requested then please could they post it in a manor that is constructive and clear and if there is a conversation to be had about the quality of the conversation they would be better served starting a new thread for it, ideally in off topic

greyhound

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 21, 2018
Meta discussion about the quality of the discussion is off topic. If people have feedback relevant to that which was requested then please could they post it in a manor that is constructive and clear and if there is a conversation to be had about the quality of the conversation they would be better served starting a new thread for it, ideally in off topic

how is the discussion of a part of the case offtopic on the official case thread?

jØrd

S̳C̳S̳I̳ ̳f̳o̳r̳ ̳l̳i̳f̳e̳
sudocide.dev
SFFn Staff
Gold Supporter
LOSIAS
Jul 19, 2015
Perhaps it would be pertinent to read posts more carefully before commenting on it in future. @AleksandarK explicitly said that the conversation pertaining to the quality of the conversation being had in parallel was off topic, not the conversation happening w/ regard to the feedback requested. Whats more he explicitly referenced that on topic conversation w/ a request to be clear and constructive. Im not sure if it can be better explained at this point but i will take a go at it.

If you have something to contribute to this thread that is relevant and on topic then please post and share, especially if it pertains to the feedback in question. If your comment is in relation to your perception of other peoples comments, your opinion of the quality of what they have to say or otherwise not directly relevant to the topic at hand then please share it in off topic.

greyhound

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 21, 2018
Perhaps it would be pertinent to read posts more carefully before commenting on it in future. @AleksandarK explicitly said that the conversation pertaining to the quality of the conversation being had in parallel was off topic, not the conversation happening w/ regard to the feedback requested. Whats more he explicitly referenced that on topic conversation w/ a request to be clear and constructive. Im not sure if it can be better explained at this point but i will take a go at it.

If you have something to contribute to this thread that is relevant and on topic then please post and share, especially if it pertains to the feedback in question. If your comment is in relation to your perception of other peoples comments, your opinion of the quality of what they have to say or otherwise not directly relevant to the topic at hand then please share it in off topic.

ok now i get it...
that was what i, and others, were trying to do before him(#1546) and htko89 (#1545) derailed it.
i'm happy to see that now we are all on the same page.

_________________________________________________________________________________________
edit: just to make this post more productive and to go back on topic

i ll now add an organized summary of my point of view on the holes matter to make it clear why I (and others) are against them, I'll be happy for anyone who doesn't agree with those points to try to undermine them (in a constructive way) so that we can have the other side of the coin too.

Why i do not like them
1) they ruin the aesthetics of the case
2) they had wide negative feedbacks in the december poll
3) they add no real value

1) the case is very minimal, so any bit out of place easily catch the eye (kind of like a couple of black pixels in the middle of a monitor).
The case is meant to be small, minimal and with a flawless aestetic. To achieve that there have been many compromises (no integrated front i/o, no compatibility with bigger cpu coolers [l12s], no compatibility with 2,5 slot cards).
Those were all things that added real value to the case but that were happily discharged (by the comunity and the producers) in order to achieve the final goal of a "small, minimal and with a flawless aestetic" case.
The holes undermine those sacrifices while not adding real value in exchange (for sure not comparable to the front integrated i/o,cpu etc..)

3) to explain why i think that i need to go through the reasons why they were added in the first place.

the role of the holes:
a) handle
b) vertical stand
c) possible future add-on
d) secure the hardware inside if you go in a lan-party

a) I see no point in having an handle when the pc will weight at most 5kg and will be small enought to be easily transportable onehanded without it anyway. (for longer transport distances a customized bag [already one of the add-ons] would be much better as it would protect the case from scratches)

b) It didn't score great in the polls and doesn't add much function to the case

c) If nobody thought about those possible odd-ons yet it is probably because nobody needs them...there are already 15 possible add ons on the table (13 don't require the holes while the handle and the stand do) what else do you need from a case?

d) After removing the grill the only accessible component would be the gpu which you can just easily zip tie to the case before a lanparty (it takes few seconds), if someone can cut your zip ties to steal it they can just as easily unscrew few screws too.

this should be it

Last edited:

B14CKB1RD

Average Stuffer
Dec 7, 2017
ok now i get it...
that was what i, and others, were trying to do before him(#1546) and htko89 (#1545) derailed it.
i'm happy to see that now we are all on the same page.

_________________________________________________________________________________________
edit: just to make this post more productive and to go back on topic

i ll now add an organized summary of my point of view on the holes matter to make it clear why I (and others) are against them, I'll be happy for anyone who doesn't agree with those points to try to undermine them (in a constructive way) so that we can have the other side of the coin too.

Why i do not like them
1) they ruin the aesthetics of the case
2) they had wide negative feedbacks in the december poll
3) they add no real value

1) the case is very minimal, so any bit out of place easily catch the eye (kind of like a couple of black pixels in the middle of a monitor).
The case is meant to be small, minimal and with a flawless aestetic. To achieve that there have been many compromises (no integrated front i/o, no compatibility with bigger cpu coolers [l12s], no compatibility with 2,5 slot cards).
Those were all things that added real value to the case but that were happily discharged (by the comunity and the producers) in order to achieve the final goal of a "small, minimal and with a flawless aestetic" case.
The holes undermine those sacrifices while not adding real value in exchange (for sure not comparable to the front integrated i/o,cpu etc..)

3) to explain why i think that i need to go through the reasons why they were added in the first place.

the role of the holes:
a) handle
b) vertical stand
c) possible future add-on
d) secure the hardware inside if you go in a lan-party

a) I see no point in having an handle when the pc will weight at most 5kg and will be small enought to be easily transportable onehanded without it anyway. (for longer transport distances a customized bag [already one of the add-ons] would be much better as it would protect the case from scratches)

b) It didn't score great in the pools and doesn't add much function to the case

c) If nobody thought about those possible odd-ons yet it is probably because nobody needs them...there are already 15 possible add ons on the table (13 don't require the holes while the handle and the stand do) what else do you need from a case?

d) After removing the grill the only accessible component would be the gpu which you can just easily zip tie to the case before a lanparty (it takes few seconds), if someone can cut your zip ties to steal it they can just as easily unscrew few screws too.

this should be it

HOLES-OR-NO-HOLES!
Wow sounds to me like the world's most flexible holes! :p

Meanwhile on the samples front...
https://www.dropbox.com/s/r0s0kpa8o1slvqp/sample_front_gable.jpg?dl=0

Reactions: Biowarejak