Prototype The world most flexible SFF case? LOUQE Ghost S1

NADRIGOL

Caliper Novice
Sep 25, 2017
Missed the kickstarter campaign for this! :( Just discovered it today. Very excited for this case. Love the design. Will be buying as soon as you're shipping.

Would love to see more pictures of your dual AIO setup if you have them. Would like to see the routing of the tubing and the placement of the two rads.

Kmpkt

Innovation through Miniaturization
KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
Any chance you got there through D2D's video? Can't believe he waited until the day after the campaign to release that video : (

Reactions: TommyKnuckles

NADRIGOL

Caliper Novice
Sep 25, 2017
Any chance you got there through D2D's video? Can't believe he waited until the day after the campaign to release that video : (

No... Actually Jayz video. Just bad timing. I haven't been on this forum or watching YouTube tech videos for the last couple months. Have you considered opening pre-orders on your website, launching a goal-less kickstarter, or some other method of accepting money in advance for more orders? Unfortunately I've noticed a lot of projects run through kickstarter gain a fresh rush of press after they close successfully. As long as you're clear that shipping ETA's are uncertain (and second in line to kickstarter orders), and extend a discount that isn't as large as the kickstarter discount (have to keep your first round funders happy!) I'm sure you would see positive response. I have to imagine the advanced funding would also be very helpful with R&D and meeting larger bulk manufacturing tiers in your first order.

Regardless, very cool stuff from your team. Read through just about everything you've published on the case so far. Very cool that you publish the Update Suggestions and ask for community feedback. The level of attention going into this product is very reassuring. Already have several cool build ideas for this case, and it will definitely be my next build if you're shipping by the summer.

moremoretea

Cable Smoosher
Dec 15, 2017
We are looking at some never before used materials for the heat sink, a special type of graphene that has a thermal cundutivity 175% better than copper. Expensive at the moment but as graphene prices are coming down this looks like a promising solution for the SFF universe by the time it will be launched. The material will be announced globally i February (keep an eye on this) and we are hoping to kick of the project end of March together with this Uppsala based company that has developed this material when production of the Ghost is secured. I’m extremely excited and we are likely to receive EU funding for this project. No other graphene funding applicants have shown a solid application for this material yet if you ask me.

I've seemed few taobao sellers offering graphene painted L9i and C7, claiming to improve heat dissipation.

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?sp...VSvf3J&id=562561449208&ns=1&abbucket=2#detail

odeniz

Caliper Novice
Jun 16, 2017
I think Asus designer was inspired by Ghost S1 :) but i like degrade of air holes.

https://www.windowscentral.com/asus-announces-sleek-xg-station-pro-external-gpu-dock
https://www.windowscentral.com/asus-announces-sleek-xg-station-pro-external-gpu-dock

Last edited:

Chrip

Average Stuffer
Nov 16, 2017
quick question about the side panels.

How do they stay on? From the Jay2cents video I see that they slide out pretty easily, but I don't see a way to lock them in. With the tophat being magnetic, whats to stop the side panels from sliding out if the PC was inverted?

Thanks

Reactions: Biowarejak

wesbl

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 9, 2017
quick question about the side panels.

How do they stay on? From the Jay2cents video I see that they slide out pretty easily, but I don't see a way to lock them in. With the tophat being magnetic, whats to stop the side panels from sliding out if the PC was inverted?

Thanks

Screws on bottom.

elliot_alderson

Chassis Packer
Nov 30, 2017
Has anybody here tried using the Noctua NH-L12 cooler with the newer NF-A9 PWM fan? It's the successor to the 92mm fan included with the NH-L12 (NF-B9 PWM). The speed of the NF-A9 is 2000/1550 as opposed to 1600/1300rpm. Would be interesting to see if it's worth swapping out.

PaChalski

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
LOUQE
Mar 15, 2017
Estimated retail Shelves?

If I want one, is it possible to contribute somehow or I need to wait until other Kickstarter campaign starts?

Really excited with this case!

Missed the kickstarter campaign for this! :( Just discovered it today. Very excited for this case. Love the design. Will be buying as soon as you're shipping.

Would love to see more pictures of your dual AIO setup if you have them. Would like to see the routing of the tubing and the placement of the two rads.

How would a rewardless campaign work?

We have received many questions like these (hundreds) so we are discussing a “slacker backer” run for the time up to mass productions starts. Tooling started last week.

We will unlikely be selling the case after we have moved to retail but carry some more specific add-ons. For the first virgin batch, we don’t see a problem with adding more backers. Sign up for the newsletter if you don’t want to miss this info if we decide to execute.

PaChalski

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
LOUQE
Mar 15, 2017
Has anybody here tried using the Noctua NH-L12 cooler with the newer NF-A9 PWM fan? It's the successor to the 92mm fan included with the NH-L12 (NF-B9 PWM). The speed of the NF-A9 is 2000/1550 as opposed to 1600/1300rpm. Would be interesting to see if it's worth swapping out.
We have a couple B9-redux sitting here. Would those be interesting to compare?

MiniMe

Trash Compacter
Nov 25, 2017
How would a rewardless campaign work?

We have received many questions like these (hundreds) so we are discussing a “slacker backer” run for the time up to mass productions starts. Tooling started last week.

We will unlikely be selling the case after we have moved to retail but carry some more specific add-ons. For the first virgin batch, we don’t see a problem with adding more backers. Sign up for the newsletter if you don’t want to miss this info if we decide to execute.

Just checking, just checking that there is no risk of this causing a delay to us kick starter backers receiving our cases?

PseudoShark

Cable Smoosher
Oct 4, 2017
Do you think the ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 1080 Ti AMP Edition would fit in the case with a small top hat? Its dimensions are 300 x 148 x 43.5mm (11.81 x 5.83 x 1.71in). Asking because EVGA graphics cards aren't available in my country. Planning to put it in my current system then transfer to the Louqe once I have it.

Legion

Airflow Optimizer
Nov 22, 2017
Do you think the ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 1080 Ti AMP Edition would fit in the case with a small top hat? Its dimensions are 300 x 148 x 43.5mm (11.81 x 5.83 x 1.71in). Asking because EVGA graphics cards aren't available in my country. Planning to put it in my current system then transfer to the Louqe once I have it.

It will fit no problem with a small tophat, there are also minor changes underway to allow a FTW3 without a tophat.
If that change makes it into the first batch of cases, the Zotac would also fit easily without a tophat.

PseudoShark

Cable Smoosher
Oct 4, 2017
I don't think the FTW3 is off by 4mm like the Zotac is. Looks like I definitely need the small top hat. Would I still be able to put two 2.5" SSDs even with the extra 4mm height of the Zotac?