Prototype The world most flexible SFF case? LOUQE Ghost S1

Leo

Chassis Packer
Dec 1, 2017
I don't think the FTW3 is off by 4mm like the Zotac is. Looks like I definitely need the small top hat. Would I still be able to put two 2.5" SSDs even with the extra 4mm height of the Zotac?

ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 1080 Ti AMP Edition
300 x 148 x 43.5mm (11.81 x 5.83 x 1.71in)

EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3
Height: 5.618in - 142.69mm
Length: 11.8in - 299.72mm
Width: Dual Slot

The 1080Ti already had issues fitting, but they've stated that they are making modifications qoute "Lower PCI riser stand-offs position 2.54 mm)" from their planned changes doc http://louqe.com/img/GhostS1FinalUpdates.pdf so tophat definately (maybe).

I would say that for the SSD, since there is 81mm of space on the MOBO side of the S1 and 2.5" SSDs are around 60-70mm. There is enough space no matter the height of the GPU, but you'll have to find someway to mount them unless there are offset screw holes.

I wouldn't recommend that config either since your SSDs would be right over the mobo and psu inhibiting top exhaust.

There are already places you can mount ssds (behind psu, under psu).

Man... the zotac amp edition is huge for a 2 fan card...

maybe 11xx series will launch around April :confused:

Might be a good idea to try and get a different card.

(Double check my numbers, eat it with salt since not everything is finalized.)

PseudoShark

Cable Smoosher
Oct 4, 2017
Appreciate the additional input. I'm looking for other cards available locally(easier for me to avail warranty) but so far, the Zotac is the closest size I can get. I could get the mini(also Zotac) but it's more expensive and has lower clock speeds so I'd rather not get that. All the other cards available are much larger and will definitely not fit the Louqe. In any case, will keep an eye out for other cards.

NADRIGOL

Caliper Novice
Sep 25, 2017
How would a rewardless campaign work?

We have received many questions like these (hundreds) so we are discussing a “slacker backer” run for the time up to mass productions starts. Tooling started last week.

We will unlikely be selling the case after we have moved to retail but carry some more specific add-ons. For the first virgin batch, we don’t see a problem with adding more backers. Sign up for the newsletter if you don’t want to miss this info if we decide to execute.

Hmmm... Kickstarter experimented with a "no-go al" campaign option for a time, but it appears that has since disappeared from their platform. So I see a couple ways to do it.

If you wanted to stick with kickstarter, just run a second campaign with a very low goal. Make it clear in the risks section that the previous campaign covered the baseline cost of RND and Tooling, and that this campaign is simply to increase order volume, and is therfore very low risk.

Alternatively, since Kickstarter takes quite the cut of your funding, and you already have the word of mouth and visibility from your first successful campaign, you could move away from kickstarter.

Less popular platforms like Indiegogo take a smaller cut, but are less reputable (I've backed nearly a hundred kickstarter campaigns and none on Indiegogo. All the Indiegogo campaigns I considered backing fell through or came out with major deficiencies).

You could also take pre orders yourselves directly. Set up some sort of e-commerce on your website. Paypal is an option. Many web design companies (e.g. squarespace or wix) have built in e-commerce options. You really just need any method of getting money in advance for the product, to cover your huge first round manufacturing costs.

Regardless, as pointed out by first round backers, make sure the "slacker" discount isn't as good as the first kickstarter discount was. And make it clear we're second tier on the delivery timeline.

The one complicated bit would be: you want to take more pre-orders to increase your manufacturing piece counts to reduce per piece costs. But a larger piece count order will likely take longer to fulfil. So you do run the risk of pushing back the delivery date for your kickstarter backers by taking additional orders. You'd have to talk to your manufacturer about how much impact to expect. As a backer of many many kickstarter campaigns, I would find this acceptable. We back campaigns to support designers in getting off the ground. A small delay to allow you to get a stronger start is par for the course. But many backers don't understand the platform as such, and view it as a straight product purchase (a problem I could see you've experienced both sides of in your VAT FAQ). If there will be manufacturing delays, be very transparent with your first round backers on that front.

Good luck!

Reactions: 3vilgenius

Flyingpepper

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 8, 2018
Hmmm... Kickstarter experimented with a "no-go al" campaign option for a time, but it appears that has since disappeared from their platform. So I see a couple ways to do it.

If you wanted to stick with kickstarter, just run a second campaign with a very low goal. Make it clear in the risks section that the previous campaign covered the baseline cost of RND and Tooling, and that this campaign is simply to increase order volume, and is therfore very low risk.

Alternatively, since Kickstarter takes quite the cut of your funding, and you already have the word of mouth and visibility from your first successful campaign, you could move away from kickstarter.

Less popular platforms like Indiegogo take a smaller cut, but are less reputable (I've backed nearly a hundred kickstarter campaigns and none on Indiegogo. All the Indiegogo campaigns I considered backing fell through or came out with major deficiencies).

You could also take pre orders yourselves directly. Set up some sort of e-commerce on your website. Paypal is an option. Many web design companies (e.g. squarespace or wix) have built in e-commerce options. You really just need any method of getting money in advance for the product, to cover your huge first round manufacturing costs.

Regardless, as pointed out by first round backers, make sure the "slacker" discount isn't as good as the first kickstarter discount was. And make it clear we're second tier on the delivery timeline.

The one complicated bit would be: you want to take more pre-orders to increase your manufacturing piece counts to reduce per piece costs. But a larger piece count order will likely take longer to fulfil. So you do run the risk of pushing back the delivery date for your kickstarter backers by taking additional orders. You'd have to talk to your manufacturer about how much impact to expect. As a backer of many many kickstarter campaigns, I would find this acceptable. We back campaigns to support designers in getting off the ground. A small delay to allow you to get a stronger start is par for the course. But many backers don't understand the platform as such, and view it as a straight product purchase (a problem I could see you've experienced both sides of in your VAT FAQ). If there will be manufacturing delays, be very transparent with your first round backers on that front.

Good luck!

I don’t think it’s worth the cut for them to make another Kickstarter. All they need to do is open a simple Shopify store and post the link here and on their social media accounts. I’m sure that would get enough attention on its own. Maybe even as an update on their Kickstarter page with a link.

Personally, I did miss their Kickstarter but would still incredibly appreciate the same price, since we are still essentially giving out interest free loans for 4 months. Though being behind KS backers in production is ok with me.

Please help us prioritize among the add-ons.

Survey link: https://sv.surveymonkey.com/r/Q8D5KMQ

Filled out! Love the add-ons

Last edited:
Reactions: 3vilgenius

NADRIGOL

Caliper Novice
Sep 25, 2017
I don’t think it’s worth the cut for them to make another Kickstarter. All they need to do is open a simple Shopify store and post the link here and on their social media accounts. I’m sure that would get enough attention on its own. Maybe even as an update on their Kickstarter page with a link.

Personally, I did miss their Kickstarter but would still incredibly appreciate the same price, since we are still essentially giving out interest free loans for 4 months. Though being behind KS backers in production is ok with me.

Agreed. It's easy to justify the savings. I just recall from several other campaigns that backers can get rather upset when they feel like they're special discount wasn't so special. Usually happens when product hits retail and there's immediately a sale for the same price as kickstarter. Probably wouldn't be as bad with an additional round of pre orders.

edrenmarc

Trash Compacter
Sep 28, 2017
Except they’d sell you a copper case... but still give you a black top grill lol.

Would love to see some type of slacker backer deal for a lot of people who are catching on late. As a few more reviews should be coming out. Wondering if it would count towards the 150% and 200% stretch goals that were imho too optimistic to reach in the timeframe given.

MiniMe

Trash Compacter
Nov 25, 2017
Agreed, whatever it costs I'll take one.
Except they’d sell you a copper case... but still give you a black top grill lol.

Would love to see some type of slacker backer deal for a lot of people who are catching on late. As a few more reviews should be coming out. Wondering if it would count towards the 150% and 200% stretch goals that were imho too optimistic to reach in the timeframe given.
They have already mentioned it as a possibility but you will have to pay for the full retail price. Which I agree with as otherwise it takes away from the original supporters.

Last edited:

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
Looking to buy a black ghost, any word on when orders will be taken for ppl who didn't catch the Kickstarter?

MiniMe

Trash Compacter
Nov 25, 2017
Looking to buy a black ghost, any word on when orders will be taken for ppl who didn't catch the Kickstarter?

No word but they said they would just be first dibs on the retail run. Try their Instagram, I'm sure that's where I'd seen it.

Flyingpepper

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 8, 2018
They have already mentioned it as a possibility but you will have to pay for the full retail price. Which I agree with as otherwise it takes away from the original supporters.

@PaChalski said a page or two back if they did a second run it would be at the same price though. Frankly, I wouldn’t pay retail price up front for a pre-order on something, especially months out. I don’t see how it takes anything away from original supporters if they still receive what they were offered and on time.

Flyingpepper

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 8, 2018
Nice update on the custom loop over on Sweclockers.

https://sweclockers.com/forum/post/17216550

Also interesting, JayzTwoCents mentioning he might use a BeQuiet! PSU in his Ghost S1. Sounds like he was talking their SFX-L 500w/600w models. Which from what I’ve seen, are definitely worse performers than the Corsair SF600 and SilverStone SX650-G, which are also standard SFX to save internal volume.

Starting at 2:15.

Last edited:

wesbl

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 9, 2017
Nice update on the custom loop over on Sweclockers.

https://sweclockers.com/forum/post/17216550

Also interesting, JayzTwoCents mentioning he might use a BeQuiet! PSU in his Ghost S1. Sounds like he was talking their SFX-L 500w/600w models. Which from what I’ve seen, are definitely worse performers than the Corsair SF600 and SilverStone SX650-G, which are also standard SFX to save internal volume.

Starting at 2:15.

The SFX-L 600W is very silent and has a 120mm high-quality fluid-dynamic fan that helps the airflow, SF600 is noisy and has a smaller fan.
They say that the Ghost S1 will provide space for a 15mm fan under a SFX-L PSU, so...

I would choose the BeQuiet too!

wesbl

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 9, 2017
Some of the SF600 are noisy, most are not. I have one and I can't hear it at all.

What's your power consumption? I see you have a 1070, so very low power consumption.
I have a SF450 and fan never spins also on gaming, only with insane stress tests like Prime95.

You must push the PSU wattage for having maximum fan speed.

Reactions: Biowarejak

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
What's your power consumption? I see you have a 1070, so very low power consumption.
I have a SF450 and fan never spins also on gaming, only with insane stress tests like Prime95.

You must push the PSU wattage for having maximum fan speed.

True my load is low, only about 335 watt. I also post a lot in the Ncase thread at [H]ard and since it's release the SF series has been the PSU of choice for the Ncase. Most of the users there have the SF600 paired with an i7 and GTX 1080 Ti. Most are very happy with them but there are reports of the SF600 in particular being loud in some cases.