Prototype The world most flexible SFF case? LOUQE Ghost S1

Biowarejak

Maker of Awesome | User 1615
Platinum Supporter
Mar 6, 2017
Flat packing all the way! Just please give people a pre-sorted box of screws and a detailed instruction manual. Send it to some reviewers that way to get feedback on what could be more clear in the instructions. :)

Reactions: AleksandarK

AleksandarK

/dev/null
May 14, 2017
I have to say that you should go for flat packing. Most people buying this kind of case will know that they have to do a bit work. I know that shipping cost can be a turnoff for many, including me.

Reactions: Biowarejak

psycho88

Average Stuffer
Jan 18, 2017
size L (05) would be good for slim custom loop watercooling, with EK SE 240 slim (26mm thickness) or alpha cool nexxos xflow (30mm thickness) + standard 25mm fan + XSPC ion pumpres combo (it's the most compact pump res combo, even if compared to ddc pump res combo) ,, still wondering for custom loop ;)
is it still possible to watercool cpu and gpu with the part as mentioned above?
oh and i think flat packing is the best way to reduce shipping cost, and assembling the case also part of the art of building the rig ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: bennyGrose

PaChalski

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
LOUQE
Mar 15, 2017
size L (05) would be good for slim custom loop watercooling, with EK SE 240 slim (26mm thickness) or alpha cool nexxos xflow (30mm thickness) + standard 25mm fan + XSPC ion pumpres combo (it's the most compact pump res combo, even if compared to ddc pump res combo) ,, still wondering for custom loop ;)
is it still possible to watercool cpu and gpu with the part as mentioned above?
oh and i think flat packing is the best way to reduce shipping cost, and assembling the case also part of the art of building the rig ;)

The only challenge I see with the parts you mention is where you would place the XSPC ion, it is 50 mm wide (right?) so it would fit in the GPU chamber which is 51.75 mm wide (see specifications here: http://louqe.com/files/specifications_ghost_s1_MkII.pdf ) in front of the GPU. You would need a short GPU i guess.

psycho88

Average Stuffer
Jan 18, 2017
The only challenge I see with the parts you mention is where you would place the XSPC ion, it is 50 mm wide (right?) so it would fit in the GPU chamber which is 51.75 mm wide (see specifications here: http://louqe.com/files/specifications_ghost_s1_MkII.pdf ) in front of the GPU. You would need a short GPU i guess.

ahh, I forgot to mention the GPU that I'm gonna use, i have palit gtx 970 jet stream and EKWB full cover water block (short type GTX 970)

https://www.ekwb.com/news/ek-introduces-short-type-geforce-gtx-970-water-block/

after replace the stock heatsink with the water block, the GPU length is about 20 cm, XSPC ion dimensions: 58 x 50 x 154mm
yes i'm planning to put it in the GPU chamber, my bad didn't mention my GPU earlier,
anyway, based on your test Li heat pcie riser is better than 3M right?

PaChalski

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
LOUQE
Mar 15, 2017
ahh, I forgot to mention the GPU that I'm gonna use, i have palit gtx 970 jet stream and EKWB full cover water block (short type GTX 970)

https://www.ekwb.com/news/ek-introduces-short-type-geforce-gtx-970-water-block/

after replace the stock heatsink with the water block, the GPU length is about 20 cm, XSPC ion dimensions: 58 x 50 x 154mm
yes i'm planning to put it in the GPU chamber, my bad didn't mention my GPU earlier,
anyway, based on your test Li heat pcie riser is better than 3M right?

Then you should be fine, but there are never any guaranties. If we were to add some mounting holes for a reservoar in the blade, what would be the best (universal) solution?

We can't say one riser is better than the other based on benchmarking results. The differences are small and within the error margins.

cadiguno

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 18, 2016
Does this case support 2x 120mm AIOs instead of 1x 240mm ?

Thinking of a dual-AIO setup with a Vega 64 Liquid and an L tophat :)

PaChalski

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
LOUQE
Mar 15, 2017
Does this case support 2x 120mm AIOs instead of 1x 240mm ?

Thinking of a dual-AIO setup with a Vega 64 Liquid and an L tophat :)

We have not tested this yet, the wider design definitely increases the chances of this working by allowing the pipes for the second rad pass by on the sides of the first one with 7,8 mm gaps between Tophat side walls and fans/rad.

PaChalski

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
LOUQE
Mar 15, 2017
We have som free time next week and would like to use it for something interesting! We have a small budget for this and would love you input here, what would you like to see? Maybe some more tests on the Alpha prototype, CPU heat sink comparison, GPU compatibility, dual 120 AIO experimentation, sounds of parts of dropping etc... please give us some suggestions what you would like to see!

cadiguno

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 18, 2016
I'm pretty sure dual 120 AIO is in the < 5% minority. Experimenting with a more common setup is better worth your budget.

For example ... acrylic / tempered glass side panel? That'll get a lot of attention.

Reactions: PaChalski

psycho88

Average Stuffer
Jan 18, 2017
Then you should be fine, but there are never any guaranties. If we were to add some mounting holes for a reservoar in the blade, what would be the best (universal) solution?

We can't say one riser is better than the other based on benchmarking results. The differences are small and within the error margins.

is it possible to mount the res on the highlighted area? (see spoiler pict below) most popular pump for SFF is ddc pump, size about 68x68mm,
pumpres combo xspc ion dimensions is smaller than ddc pump res combo, but i think ddc pump is more popular than xspc ion.
xspc ion pump res combo only for my personal choice.
about the riser, 3M is more expensive (MSRP around US$ 80-90) than Li heat (MSRP around US$ 40-50), i suggest you go with Li heat, for cost reduction.

tecent

Chassis Packer
Aug 22, 2017
After some digging, I cut down my specs to an delidded i7 7700k and 1080 to keep the thermals in a more agreeable range.

Personally, the 8700k thermals are a bit overwhelming. and the 1080ti might add a bit more heat to the system.

We are hoping to announce the countdown within two weeks.
now I am waiting on this case while using a ml08 as a stopgap.

HooglyBoogly

Trash Compacter
Apr 19, 2016
If you have free time you could take a look at the dust filter situation.
We haven't heard much about them yet. Will there be a bottom dust filter as well as side filters?

Also, if the worry about front panel connectors is aesthetic, why not just put them in the back of the case? The extra USB ports are really nice to have, especially with some motherboards having fewer USB ports.

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
After some digging, I cut down my specs to an delidded i7 7700k and 1080 to keep the thermals in a more agreeable range.

Personally, the 8700k thermals are a bit overwhelming. and the 1080ti might add a bit more heat to the system.

now I am waiting on this case while using a ml08 as a stopgap.

Thermals are not set in stone.

A detuned 8700k and 1080 ti (underclock/undervolt) will offer better performance than a stock 7700k + 1080.