Prototype The world most flexible SFF case? LOUQE Ghost S1

SFFanatic

Chassis Packer
Jun 4, 2019
Also, he has a Noctua NH-L12 in his build--good luck finding one of those for under $150--in fact, that's the reason I sold my Ghost S1. I just couldn't justify spending another $150 on the build.

What's wrong with a Noctua NH L12S ?
That's suppose to be the Successor so i assume it would be either same performance or an improvement?

sffjawsh

Efficiency Noob
May 4, 2019
What's wrong with a Noctua NH L12S ?
That's suppose to be the Successor so i assume it would be either same performance or an improvement?

NH-L12S doesn't fit the Louqe S1. It is agonisingly a bit too tall for it! You can bend the heatpipes and it does seem like it is easy enough, but not everyone wants to/is comfortable doing that. The old NH-L12 fits just fine but as @Engr62 pointed out, they're OOS almost everywhere.

Reactions: Engr62

Questors

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 28, 2018
How high can we build? Can't wait for someone to stack 10 Ghost cases up to the ceiling

That sounds like sarcasm to me. :p Some of us (by us I mean ME :cool: ) are stacking a bit with the tophats in order to achieve what we want to build. Of course aesthetics are in the eye of beholder. For me coming down in size from my elsewhere mentioned CaseLabs Merlin ST10 atop two pedestals to a Ghost (even with tophats) is an exercise in tiny.

Last edited:

SFFanatic

Chassis Packer
Jun 4, 2019
Does anyone know which has the most motherboard IO clearance for the Ghost S1 out of the Noctua NH-L12 and Scythe Big Shuriken 2 Rev.B ?

I'm slightly concerned about compatibility issues for air coolingdue to the rather large IO shields of the new x570 ITX motherboards:

Asrock x570 phantom gaming itx tb3

ROG Strix X570-I Gaming

Last edited:

Questors

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 28, 2018
Does anyone know which has the most motherboard IO clearance for the Ghost S1 out of the Noctua NH-L12 and Scythe Big Shuriken 2 Rev.B ?

I'm slightly concerned about compatibility issues for air coolingdue to the rather large IO shields of the new x570 ITX motherboards:
Asrock x570 phantom gaming itx tb3

ROG Strix X570-I Gaming

This looks to have great clearances all around.
Gigabyte Aorus X570 I Pro WiFi

Something consider, If the actual measurements of the board are known, one may be able to calculate the distances and heights by measuring the picture and calculating a scale. I suppose it's worth wishing good luck with finding height measurements, but distances should be doable.

Last edited:

quetzacoatlx

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Aug 11, 2017
I wish that ghost was available in say 3 different sizes rather than top hats. The case would look so much better without those gaps.
Agreed. S1 looks amazing without a top head, OK with the small TOP head, but ugly with the large one.

For S1 with the large top head, the switch position is too low, and the vents on the side panels lost their symmetry. The case doesn’t look like a unified one piece of work but two separate parts stitched together.

Rmorrison

Cable-Tie Ninja
May 30, 2019
I don't know. Three sizes would be nice and all but I saw a silver Ghost with a small tophat on bottom and a larger tophat on top. Both tophats were in black and it looked so sweet. If the ghost fit a 3 slot gpu I would buy it hands down.

Questors

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 28, 2018
I wish that ghost was available in say 3 different sizes rather than top hats. The case would look so much better without those gaps.

I actually asked the Louqe team about this last year. Making different sizes like mini-ITX, mDTX and micro ATX. They said it would be too expensive. So cost is the prohibiting factor. This is why tophats are available.

Questors

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 28, 2018
would the new asus X570 mini dtx board fit into a ghost if a top hat is being used?
I have been told the riser length will not be compatible with the mDTX board. It will be too short due to the extra board length dimension.
I had the same idea until that was brought to light.

Reactions: Rmorrison

bolo_1221

Minimal Tinkerer
Mar 4, 2018
Hey guys, the Big Shuriken 3 does actually fit in the Ghost S1 (with minimal but easy modification). Here is a link to the gallery:
The motherboard I use is the Asus z270i Strix and the fan is the NF A12x15 PWM. I didn't try to install the cooler with the fan that it comes with, but I measured the thickness of both and they are both 15mm thick.

The cooler and the Noctua fan actually fit without any mods, the only problem is the screws, which is why I decided to mount it from the bottom.

blindphleb

Average Stuffer
Feb 7, 2018
That's a big win for those that don't want to smash an L12S! How much does having the fan right on the grill make? Is turbulence an issue?

GerryMz

Average Stuffer
Apr 23, 2019
Hey guys, the Big Shuriken 3 does actually fit in the Ghost S1 (with minimal but easy modification). Here is a link to the gallery:
The motherboard I use is the Asus z270i Strix and the fan is the NF A12x15 PWM. I didn't try to install the cooler with the fan that it comes with, but I measured the thickness of both and they are both 15mm thick.

The cooler and the Noctua fan actually fit without any mods, the only problem is the screws, which is why I decided to mount it from the bottom.
this is awesome, what cpu are yoou cooling ! mind throwing in some thermal benchmarks?