Prototype The world most flexible SFF case? LOUQE Ghost S1

D10S

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 4, 2018
...LOUQE has been excellent with answering the few emails I sent asking various questions and fixing problem I had when trying to make a purchase.

Yes, they responded quickly to me too, when, 5 days after my purchase,
I decided to change the top hat M I had ordered with the full pack (more money) :)
... I didn't write to them on January 20 asking where my case was
...but on March 20th I sent an email (2 months fuck!), and then I sent another 2 asking for news
... and nothing ... no one answers anymore !!!

I purchased 2 Dan A4, a fabulous experience! Look at that thread,
full of information for those who want to buy and build in that house
... and then look at this, where more than half of the posts are of boredom, anger, disillusionment ...

After 6 months of waiting, I don't cancel anything, I want what I bought, i demand it.

ah, and the best case in the world ... it's always the next one ! :thumb:

Reactions: chyll2 and DanT

Mistercloudz

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 22, 2018
Sure, but remember not to leave the fireplace lit. Santa Claus is coming !!! XD
( ...looking closer the Louqe' logo ...it's April fools everyday! )

Seriously, if u really need a case in 2 week, go away.
If u don't want "to buy"...but instead you want "to bet" on a purchase,
place your order and good luck! ;)
Sometimes life is HOPE! :thumb:
I plan on buying one since i live in california. I would love to get this case but must wait till my check comes through :D

b1ackwid0w

Caliper Novice
Jul 24, 2018
Firstly, I have to say thanks to Louqe for all their effort. I have received my case this Tuesday and it’s absolutely stunning. Like some of you I purchased mine back on October 18th and it took almost half a year to get my case.

I preordered my dan case v2 like 2 years ago it also took pretty long time to get delivered. This is my 4th custom pc (from open chassis bench to caselabs sma8 to dan case and finally I switched to louqe). I sold my caselabs when I moved to Virginia and acquired dan case A4 for its small size. Just several days after switch I started to encounter the overheating issue. I have my 8700k delidded by silicon lottery. And it runs like a toster (60 C at idle in just 4.2ghz, I have a horrible 8700k) with a copper c9 cooler.

Currently I have my SFF case running with strix 370i with delidded 8700k at 4.8ghz + L12 cooler and a titan xp. Everything has thermal grizzly as thermal compound and has been running great. 40 C at idle for both gpu and cpu.

I’m extremely happy with louqe’s Build quality. I would say it’s on par with caselabs. (Much better than dan case). However, there are few concerns. I have stripped numerous machined screws in my life. when I assembling louqe’s case those tore screws bugs me. Firstly the screw driver does not quite fit the screw perfectly. Secondly the screw slot for mounting the motherboard is not sturdy enough in my opinion. The other bad thing about the case is the top hats. Personally i don’t like the way it assembles. And the bending issue still exists from the second batch. However, this can be fixed by filling the gap between the top hat side panel and the radiator or the fans.

Last but not least, i have to thank louqe again for delivering their promise. They always reply my email within a week. I believe they have work hard enough till this day.

I do plan to fully water cool my louqe s1 with both large top hats installed.

Reactions: Biowarejak

Krakyn

Cable Smoosher
Oct 20, 2018
What is up with shipping costs? NCase M1 shipped to Australia costs 35 AUD, the Ghost S1 shipped to Australia costs 68 AUD. They are similarly sized/weighted and yet the Louqe costs double to ship?!? I'm sure they are both produced in Asia, so it's no like one has to travel significantly further than the other. This company makes so many shitty business decisions.

Kind of hurts to have to pay double for a product that will inevitably ship late, whereas the NCase M1 would ship in a timely manner.

Biowarejak

Maker of Awesome | User 1615
Platinum Supporter
Mar 6, 2017
What is up with shipping costs? NCase M1 shipped to Australia costs 35 AUD, the Ghost S1 shipped to Australia costs 68 AUD. They are similarly sized/weighted and yet the Louqe costs double to ship?!? I'm sure they are both produced in Asia, so it's no like one has to travel significantly further than the other. This company makes so many shitty business decisions.

Kind of hurts to have to pay double for a product that will inevitably ship late, whereas the NCase M1 would ship in a timely manner.
Shipping costs have a lot to do with the volume of the product being shipped. Not just literal volume, but also the amount of product being shipped. Add to that the deals a business has to make with the shipping company - they won't always be the same rate for products that have otherwise comparable metrics.

Reactions: loader963

b1ackwid0w

Caliper Novice
Jul 24, 2018
Shipping cost also affected by where the shipment came from. In most cases, weight has the biggest impact on shipping cost. And the louqe s1 is so much heavier than dan case ( I have not compared it to NCASE). Hopefully this explains the high shipping cost.

Questors

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 28, 2018
Shipping is an odd thing. I can order something from Florida, I live in NC and the lowest I will pay for any shipment is close to $8.00 (a small order). Add much of anything to that same order and the shipping get to the mid-teens very quickly. I can order some filters from Demcifilter in South Africa and I pay about $18.00 for a shipment, which is more bulky (volume) than most things I buy for PCs.

I can order something from Europe and the shipping is an instant $25 +, usually closer to $30.00. Then I can order something from China and literally pay a dollar or three for a package the size of today's CPU boxes - like Threadripper.

Last edited:

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
Shipping is an odd thing. I can order something from Florida, I live in NC and the lowest I will pay for any shipment is close to $8.00 (a small order). Add much of anything to that same order and the shipping get to the mid-teens very quickly. I can order some filters from Demcifilter in South Africa and I pay about $18.00 for a shipment, which is more bulky (volume) than most things I buy for PCs.

I can order something from Europe and the shipping is an instant $25 +, usually closer to $30.00. Then I can order something from China and literally pay a dollar or three for a package the size of today's CPU boxes - like Threadripper.

That's because shipping is heavily subsidized by some government, and they built it easy to send it to you. It also gets here off a boat that takes 2 weeks to travel.

Alucard

Trash Compacter
Nov 24, 2018
Just received the Ghost S1 yesterday (EU) :)

Lohki

What's an ITX?
Apr 9, 2019
Beware, I received my case last week, 6 months after I placed my order which supposed to be delivered in Jan. Moreover upon delivery you only receive shipping docs from exertis CapTech and guys from Louqe are refusing to issue an invoice so I have no fiscal proof of purchase.

DanT

Average Stuffer
Feb 6, 2018
Ordered on Mar. 27. Got tracking number today( April. 9), and estimated delivery is on Friday, April 12 in the US.

Reactions: rfarmer

LightKiosk

Cable Smoosher
Feb 24, 2019
Ordered March 8th and my case is coming in today.

EDIT: Unboxed the case, everything is in perfect condition and the panels are straight. Haven't built in it yet but so far I'm really digging the Limestone + Nickel grill.

Last edited:
Reactions: rfarmer

admirerden

Cable Smoosher
Apr 4, 2019
I'm also waiting for Ghost S1 delivery (ordered March 29, 2019). Meanwhile, I've built my components in NZXT H200. This case is so big that I hardly can tell the difference between it and any standard ATX chassis! (Too big for SSF in my opinion.) Can't wait for my Ghost S1.

I know my specs are far from top, but it's enough for me at this moment:
  • Corsair SF750 Platinum
  • Asus ROG Strix H370-i Gaming
  • Asus GTX 1080 Turbo (blower-style is good for Ghost S1, right?)
  • Core i5 8400 2.8 GHz
  • Noctua HN-L12S
  • Crucial 16GB 2666 MHz VLP
  • Samsung EVO 970 500 GB NVMe M.2
  • Samsung 840 Series 128 GB SSD
  • WD Black 1TB HDD
  • Asus Aura LED Strip 30cm
I'm going to add one more Crucial memory module a bit later. And one more Samsung EVO 970 for RAID 0 instead of WD 1TB. I know Noctua HN-L12S doesn't fit well in Ghost S1, but my VLP memory module will let me using that 120mm cooler in the case. Also wanted to note that Corsair SF750's cables are too short for H200, but I managed somehow to connect everything (it was hard and I was afraid of accidental damages).

Temporary build in all its glory:

Last edited: