Prototype The world most flexible SFF case? LOUQE Ghost S1

Carlos

Efficiency Noob
Dec 10, 2018
Made progress on the X299 build, but it's not done yet.

Issues I've ran into so far and workarounds:
  • Had the same problem others are reporting about the top hat falling apart. Mine is the larger size and will be mounted on top. The manual points to the shorter screws to hold everything in place, but on two of the holes, only the longer screws would do the trick. Switching to the longer screws made all 4 panels secure.
  • Case is technically compatible with SFX-L (SX800-LTI in my case), but there's simply not enough room for the AIO hose on top and the PSU cables on the bottom. They both would have to bend a ridiculous amount and I'm pretty sure this will stress the joints and damage the cables or cause a spill. Solution is to add a small top hat at the bottom or go SFX. Will try to post a pic later.
  • Maybe it's because it's new, but the power button requires more pressure than expected beyond the click to close the circuit.
  • System wouldn't post, but disconnecting and connecting both ends of the PCI-E riser did the trick.
  • Cable management (or rather cramming all cables inside) is a huge issue, as expected of any SFF build. I may go the pslate customs route to get just the lengths I need.
  • ASRock's X299E I/O shield/backplate and the I/O hole on the case are not a snug fit.
  • Currently can't close the case nor place the AIO inside the top-mounted top hat, so system is all spread out on my desk. Given the benefit of excess ventilation, temps seem fine. The 9920x is hitting ~30-35C on idle and topping at 65-75C under load. One core got to 80C at some point. Noise levels are minimal. Benchmark scores are in line with numbers from other systems, falling between a 9900k and a 9980xe with no OC. It's looking like a nice compromise and the best of both worlds.

Finally got the M top hat from the 2nd batch that I needed to create space for the PSU. I'm using only the bottom holes to mount the PSU bracket (3rd row from the top), which creates some additional space to bend the hoses coming from the AIO. The stock PSU cables are still a problem and I'll def have to go the custom cable route once pslate starts accepting orders again. Will need the 2 6+2 for the GPU and might get the ATX for good measure. Currently, there's not enough airflow and temps are rising way too much with side panels on. Top hat assembly is still an issue with the small M3 screws. Have to use the long ones, which will mean extra ones will be necessary to complete the build. Will probably get some M3-45s from Home Depot or something.

Some pics:

Overview

This is the extra length on the PSU 2+6 cables that block GPU airflow. Custom cables with only one end will kill this issue.

Some stress on left AIO hose.

By the way, parts list is the following:
- i9 9920X
- ASRock X299E-ITX/ac running BIOS v1.7
- 4x Corsair SO-DIMM DDR4-3000
- 2x Samsung M.2
- SX800-LTI
- RTX 2080 Ti FE

Reactions: D10S and Hissitx

GoJ84

What's an ITX?
Sep 19, 2018
My Ghost S1 just arrived.. But i have one question..
i have a ASUS strix z390-i gaming Motherboard
i want to buy the Noctua NH-L12 but will i fit?
Can i pull off the huge heatsink to make it fit?

Or i there a better cooling choise with low noise?

i alreay have asus ryou 240 with large tophat, but i dont want the top hat..

shrimfririceeeee

Case Bender
New User
Feb 20, 2019
My Ghost S1 just arrived.. But i have one question..
i have a ASUS strix z390-i gaming Motherboard
i want to buy the Noctua NH-L12 but will i fit?
Can i pull off the huge heatsink to make it fit?

Or i there a better cooling choise with low noise?

i alreay have asus ryou 240 with large tophat, but i dont want the top hat..

It'll definitely fit if you pull off the heatsink

Larsn

Minimal Tinkerer
Mar 26, 2019
There's hope I got mine today! (Denmark)

Anyone knows where Noctua NH-L12 is in stock?

Neither is in Germany. Not on ebay, amazon or newegg.

Since it's hard do get one, do you guys have an alternative?

I have seen the bending video of the NH-L12S but I'm not sure if it fits with my RAM.
Or should stop worrying and go for an AIO, but I don't have any tophats....

B14CKB1RD

Average Stuffer
Dec 7, 2017
RMA UPDATE!

The first wave of Batch 1 RMA replacements is finally ready and shipping!
As of last Friday, we now have 62% of all Batch 1 RMA tickets packed and 45% of them sent as of today.
The rest are being picked and packed currently and we expect all of them to be dispatched over the next week.

After that, we will be able to start with the second wave of RMAs.

Thanks for your patience and support!

Viperrros

Cable Smoosher
Mar 22, 2019
The pins for the power button and LED are unmarked and I do not get access to Louqe.com/myghost yet to check any description there may be.

Any guidance for the pins?

They are Brown, black, white, grey.

Viperrros

Cable Smoosher
Mar 22, 2019
Neither is in Germany. Not on ebay, amazon or newegg.

Since it's hard do get one, do you guys have an alternative?

I have seen the bending video of the NH-L12S but I'm not sure if it fits with my RAM.
Or should stop worrying and go for an AIO, but I don't have any tophats....

I bought the NH-L9x65 to start and then I might go for the NH-L12S at later stage doing the bending. But I'm not sure about the RAM clearence either. I have Corsair low profile's and assume they do not come much smaller.

paraboli

Case Bender
Mar 27, 2019
Got my batch 2 case monday, and have all components but a video card. Is there a consensus on the best 2080ti? FTW3 seems like it should fit, but I know there were issues with the 1080ti. Currently leaning towards an EVGA XC Gaming Ultra, as it seems the black edition can run pretty hot.

I have been waiting a few days on a slack invite, is there a consensus emerging there? Or a list of cards that for sure fit?

Carlos

Efficiency Noob
Dec 10, 2018
Got my batch 2 case monday, and have all components but a video card. Is there a consensus on the best 2080ti? FTW3 seems like it should fit, but I know there were issues with the 1080ti. Currently leaning towards an EVGA XC Gaming Ultra, as it seems the black edition can run pretty hot.

I have been waiting a few days on a slack invite, is there a consensus emerging there? Or a list of cards that for sure fit?

Founders Edition works/fits well for the 2080 Ti, but if you're planning to stack an AIO radiator on top, be mindful that it will blow hot air up and into it. In that case, you either have to deflect that hot airflow towards the side panel or go with a blower GPU to have hot air come out from the back.

Also, this guy was running an open air EVGA 2080 Ti and it seemed to work/fit well:

Engr62

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 7, 2018

Did you order this from their website? Just wondering if it's safe to order now.

Questors

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 28, 2018
I received word today that my 2 large TopHats have shipped. Mixed emotion about this. What about the important parts like oh say, the main chassis?

Questors

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 28, 2018
Is it bad that they sent the tophats first? But I get that it's easy to see the glass half empty.

Is it a bad thing? No. I am anxious to get busy on this build. I was just hoping when I finally receive word of a shipment on the way, it would be the entire shipment or at least the main chassis so I can get started. That is not really a possibility with just the tophats. It's kid at Christmas syndrome. You see presents, but can't touch them!

I have been patient. However at this point my patience is turning to "want to." Want to build. :thumb:

Reactions: Beardedswede