Prototype The world most flexible SFF case? LOUQE Ghost S1

Krakyn

Cable Smoosher
Oct 20, 2018
I emailed LOUQE last week asking why shipping to Australia had been removed from their website. They responded with:

"We have had to close Australia and Asia due to the fact that we have run out of batch 2 units there. We will reopen the shop for batch 3 orders in a few weeks. The estimated delivery for batch 3 will be May. As I’m sure you know, we are a small company that has just launched our first product. Over time we will be able to keep stock and not have you waiting this long. But currently this is the situation. - Patrik"

I don't understand what LOUQE is doing... they are never clear about anything.

"We have run out of batch 2 units there" -
So is batch 2 completed? If it's completed then why is the website running on a pre-order basis rather than a ready to ship order basis? If batch 2 isn't completed, then how have you run out of batch 2 units?

If you've run out of batch 2 units in Asia/Australia, just ship some new ones in from the US/Europe where you still have stock? (US/Europe is still an order option on the website) Why deny your customers if there is supply avaliable? Why should Australians have to wait for batch 3 if there is supply somewhere else in the world?

Reactions: NinoPecorino

Coldstone

What's an ITX?
Feb 6, 2019
Based on the slack community, batch 2 production is complete. The current status is that the goods are on the way to the distribution centers from the china factory. Louque is a small company and they outsource the distribution. They have distribution centers for eu and usa. Anywhere else is sent out directly from the china factory. They sent out excess units to the distribution centers for eu and usa so when people in these areas order now, the excess unit cover them. Im not sure why they dont keep stock for anywhere else, most probably not enough demand to cover the stocking/distribution cost.

If you are not in eu or usa, your only choices are, wait for batch 3 to pre order, ebay, choose another case.

Reactions: Shinken1 and D10S

SpencerUk

Average Stuffer
Jun 3, 2018
I amusingly a couple of days ago got a letter from China...bundled in this letter...4 screws...no idea what they are for...

I actually thought the package delivered was the Loque case...Nope.

Emailed Loque to find out its for the TopHat...Atleast they are being pro active...Even if I have no shipping details still or case lol.

At this rate, I might bin this project off and go back to building in the PC011 Dynamic

EDIT: Can anyone confirm if this would fit

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/phanteks-glacier-r160-rgb-reservoir-120ml-wc-025-pt.html

SpencerUk

Average Stuffer
Jun 3, 2018
Well I've finally got my case of waiting ages for re-delivery, whilst I can say the case is perfect from the outside and the panels are fine, the insides are a mess

1) there's SSD mounting points behind the PSU but the holes are too small.
2) power button wires soldered on had come off (2 of the 4 left)
3) site says you can fit 3 SSD's into the tray...no chance..

Got to say, pretty dissappointed.

Oh and as an FYI, if anyone is planning to put the AsRock X99 ITX in, you can't use SATA ports 1-4 as the PSU blocks the ports to a point where you can't remount the thing (PSU).

Reactions: NinoPecorino

Nanook

King of Cable Management
May 23, 2016
I just got 8 longer screws for the top hats (2x L hats) in the mail today. I didn’t get any correspondence that I’ll be getting them. It was a nice surprise though.

Edit: there were 24 screws total. Can’t count apparently.

Last edited:

Demon Boy Jr

Average Stuffer
Sep 1, 2017
I just got 8 longer screws for the top hats (2x L hats) in the mail today. I didn’t get any correspondence that I’ll be getting them. It was a nice surprise though.

I wonder how they decide how many screws you get. They sent me 12 long screws yesterday and I only have 1 Large Tophat.

Reactions: Nanook

dKenGuru

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 2, 2019
dken.guru
1. In first batch holes is 2mm instead of 3. Use 3mm drillbit for metal and drill it.
2. You can ask about new power button. Louqe promise send it later, after batch 2. Try to write them via email.
3. 2 ssd's - mount plate under MB. 1 ssd behind PSU.

Last edited:
Reactions: Beardedswede

Tech_Guy

Caliper Novice
Oct 15, 2018
Well I've finally got my case of waiting ages for re-delivery, whilst I can say the case is perfect from the outside and the panels are fine, the insides are a mess

Got to say, pretty dissappointed.

Oh and as an FYI, if anyone is planning to put the AsRock X99 ITX in, you can't use SATA ports 1-4 as the PSU blocks the ports to a point where you can't remount the thing (PSU).

Batch 2 Cases arrived to Captech today with the thicker PCB for the powerbuttom and longer cables, Other backgable cut out , Secured on straight panels and Tophats with new design and on the package + more.

Why didnt they send the new design when you waited that time xtra i wounder `?

Tech_Guy

Caliper Novice
Oct 15, 2018
1. In first batch holes is 2mm instead of 3. Use 3mm drillbit for metal and drill it.
2. You can ask about new power button. Louqe promise send it later, after batch 2. Try to write them via email.

Holes are 3 mm from beginning i used 4 mm drill then mount my SSD in the Batch 1 Case

Reactions: SpencerUk

SpencerUk

Average Stuffer
Jun 3, 2018

I ended up using double sided sticky tape. Thankfully this is just an emulation machine and not my machine or I would be going mental over this.

Batch 2 Cases arrived to Captech today with the thicker PCB for the powerbuttom and longer cables, Other backgable cut out , Secured on straight panels and Tophats with new design and on the package + more.

Why didnt they send the new design when you waited that time xtra i wounder `?

Was bad enough waiting over 2 months for them to re-deliver but then having the issues with mounting the SSD's and then only to find the bloody thing wouldn't turn on because of 1 - wiring off the PCB and then being too short to the motherboard has annoyed me.

Holes are 3 mm from beginning i used 4 mm drill then mount my SSD in the Batch 1 Case

Holes are ~2mm, 3mm drillbit recommended Louqe support via email. Now M3 screw in into the hole perfect.

I know we expect bugs but given the amount of times they claim to have gone out to China etc, i wouldn't have expected these type of troubles.

Reactions: lawney

lawney

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 28, 2018
I amusingly a couple of days ago got a letter from China...bundled in this letter...4 screws...no idea what they are for...

I actually thought the package delivered was the Loque case...Nope.

Emailed Loque to find out its for the TopHat...Atleast they are being pro active...Even if I have no shipping details still or case lol.

At this rate, I might bin this project off and go back to building in the PC011 Dynamic

EDIT: Can anyone confirm if this would fit

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/phanteks-glacier-r160-rgb-reservoir-120ml-wc-025-pt.html

I got a similar bag of screws from China just the other day. Glad to know that's what they're for!

loopaddiction

Chassis Packer
Dec 4, 2018
I got a similar bag of screws from China just the other day. Glad to know that's what they're for!

I received an envelope through the post last week with no info as to who the shipper was. When I received it, it was torn open on the side and it contained a little baggie, which was also torn open with nothing inside it. Not sure if the characters on the front are Chinese or Japanese? Can anybody confirm if this is the same envelope that was supposed to contain the screws? I did order a small tophat with my Louqe case. I've been trying to figure out exactly what the envelope originally contained, but it looks like someone stole whatever was inside it.

NinoPecorino

Tweezer Squeezer
Platinum Supporter
Nov 24, 2017
I received an envelope through the post last week with no info as to who the shipper was. When I received it, it was torn open on the side and it contained a little baggie, which was also torn open with nothing inside it. Not sure if the characters on the front are Chinese or Japanese? Can anybody confirm if this is the same envelope that was supposed to contain the screws? I did order a small tophat with my Louqe case. I've been trying to figure out exactly what the envelope originally contained, but it looks like someone stole whatever was inside it.

yeah i got the same envelope. it's from louqe.

loopaddiction

Chassis Packer
Dec 4, 2018
yeah i got the same envelope. it's from louqe.

Thanks for confirming. The thief didn't exactly strike gold.

Looks like I've had nothing but bad luck with my Louqe order in different ways...I'll try contacting them to see if they can re-send me the screws with the replacement case I'm also waiting on.