Prototype The world most flexible SFF case? LOUQE Ghost S1

enthusiast uk

Chassis Packer
Oct 15, 2018
anyone with a small tophat (undamaged) they are looking to offload let me know. I want to push my overclock further but need the room to toss in an extra fan as my motherboard is overheating. Has anyone tried tried the custom sleeved cables designed for the ghost? interested to hear stories of any other 3rd party mods you guys tried in yours.

Reactions: Biowarejak

IceKK

Case Bender
Oct 20, 2018
New e-mail just now from Louqe:

SECOND BATCH – WE ARE GETTING READY
You are receiving this mail because you have placed an order for the 2:nd production batch of the Ghost S1. We would like to inform you about the status.

QUALITY AND REFINMENT

We have made several updates based on the feedback we have received from the first batch. Some of the updates are:

• PCB thickness increased to avoid bending
  • PCB cable length extended
  • Flatness control of all side panels (Case and TopHats)
  • SSD mounting holes behind PSU increased in size
  • TopHat mounting screws replaced
  • Rear gable updated to better work with fixed IO MoBos
  • New packaging for grills and TopHats

UPDATING ORDER OR SHIPPING ADDRESS

Many of you have contacted us wanting to change your orders, changing color, size or simply add more items to the order.

You will get the chance to do all those changes after the next mail send-out where we will send you a summary of all your orders and the shipping address we currently have. This will be sent next week.

PROGRESS

The production is complete, assembly and packaging is on ongoing. All the production will be ready before the end of January and shipping will start. Deepening on your location definite delivery times will vary but no later than late February.

Many of you would want to know exactly when the case is planned to be shipped, this is unfortunately nothing we can tell you yet. Only after the individual packages have been shipped and we have received tracking numbers we will be able to tell you. Tracking number will be sent out as soon as we get them.

THANK you all for your support!

// LOUQE TEAM​

SpencerUk

Average Stuffer
Jun 3, 2018
Yey..Finally shipping back out :)

leecm

Caliper Novice
Oct 2, 2018
For those of us that have the first batch, what can be done to make the holes behind the power supply useable to mount an ssd? Drill them? If so, what size bit?

Demon Boy Jr

Average Stuffer
Sep 1, 2017
Anyone here tested or have any insight on the L12 vs the L12s.

More specifically both using the a12x15 fan. I know ram clearance would be an issue using the L12 with the 120mm fan, and I am aware the L12s would need to be bent to fit in the case.

But we're all enthusiast here right? I would have no problems bending the L12s or removing the heat spreaders on my ram. I'm more interested in acoustics and temps.

From what I've gathered the L12 has the bigger(albeit shorter) heatsink, and by raw mass the L12 with the same fan should perform better correct?

https://vgy.me/vwDLRk.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Rik600

Demon Boy Jr

Average Stuffer
Sep 1, 2017
If the motherboard manufacturers in the near future move to block io design, all "batch 1" users will have to buy new case?

https://vgy.me/9PxSf1.jpg

Some batch 1 users got the updated gable like myself

https://vgy.me/sxzS07.jpg

That being said the io shield is one of the most inconsequential pieces I can think of. I'd be willing to bet you could modify any io shield to fit the old gable. No need to replace a case over it, some Dan A4 users even omit it entirely because it's shown to temps. The same might be true for the Ghost s1

Edit: I may have misinterpreted your original post, do you mean some motherboards wouldn't fit at all because they use a fixed io?

Last edited:

PBJ

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 6, 2019
Can someone comment on the build quality of this case? For example, structural integrity, quality of the paint, PCB, power button, etc. Also, does anyone have some insight on how it compares to a CaseLabs?

Have the TopHats issues, not being flush/seamless with the chassis been resolved?

Thanks everyone!