Prototype The world most flexible SFF case? LOUQE Ghost S1

readeh

Trash Compacter
Oct 25, 2018
Not sure if this has been mentioned before.
I am using G.Skill Trident Z without any modifications in my build.
I used the Noctua mounting brackets from the NH-D9L to turn my L12 90 degrees. This gave me more than enough clearance to use my Trident RAM.
Sounds more like it depends on what motherboard you are using than the bracket.

Reactions: fleetfeather

Nasusx

What's an ITX?
Jan 19, 2019
Trying to order one of the website, but Australia isnt an option for address.

Did you guys stop Australian deliveries? :(

Demon Boy Jr

Average Stuffer
Sep 1, 2017

I think they stopped except for the US and parts of the EU. Probably had a lot of issues first batch or was expensive logistically. Best bet would be to email Louqe directly.

ELROI

Efficiency Noob
Jan 23, 2019
You can only install 2x 120mm Noctua NF-A12x25 in a M-tophat if you're not using the mounting plate, attach the fans to the bottom plate. You can't use the M-tophat at the top in combination with the grill. I'll try to provide pictures later this week.

I'm currently running the following config:
- L-tophat at the bottom with the Asus ROG Ruyjin 240 radiator
- M+S-tophats at the top with 2x 120mm Noctua attached to the mounting platform (there is no other way to attach them)

This looks great! Is it better to have the AIO rad on the bottom or the top? Also, does the direction of the psu exhaust have an effect on cpu/gpu temps?

Falim

Cable Smoosher
Nov 1, 2018
This looks great! Is it better to have the AIO rad on the bottom or the top? Also, does the direction of the psu exhaust have an effect on cpu/gpu temps?
Manufacturers generally suggest putting the rad above the pump. This prevent air bubbles in the system from collecting at the pump which can cause additional noise.

Sldr

Average Stuffer
Feb 7, 2017
I haven't noticed any temperature differences in running the RAD on top or at the bottom. The Asus ROG Ryujin keeps my 8086K at 5,2Ghz at a decent 75°C stressed, and some 30°C idle. Currently running it at stock speeds because the performance increase is negligible in games, and after lengthy gaming sessions it doesn't get hotter than 50°C.

Anyway, I'm waiting for my RMA parts of my Ghost and when they arrive I'd like to have a second "Mounting Platform". I'm using the one that came with the Ghost to attach the 2 top exhaust fans to. That means I have to attach the RAD at the bottom to the bottom plate, but that's a hassle to remove it. I'd like to attach that to a mounting platform too, so I'm searching for a second one. Louqe has indicated that this isn't available for purchase separately.

So, calling out Ghost owners who are just using the case without any Top-hats: anyone willing to sell me their mounting platform?

BenE

Case Bender
New User
Jan 30, 2019
Hi. I’m new to the SFF world. Without reading all 160 pages on this post, has anyone else had problems with their side panels not fitting flush with a top hat, and the supplied screws not being long enough to attach the top hat correctly? I’ve tried to contact Louqe through Facebook and Twitter, but aren’t getting a response. Anyone know the best way to get in touch? Thanks!

Demon Boy Jr

Average Stuffer
Sep 1, 2017
Hi. I’m new to the SFF world. Without reading all 160 pages on this post, has anyone else had problems with their side panels not fitting flush with a top hat, and the supplied screws not being long enough to attach the top hat correctly? I’ve tried to contact Louqe through Facebook and Twitter, but aren’t getting a response. Anyone know the best way to get in touch? Thanks!

Had the same issue, and had to purchase longer screws for the top hat to fit. My panels are bent and the front panel had gouges where you can see the silver underneath. Already submitted a ticket through the myghost website and sent an email, but no response in 3 weeks. My slack code also didn't work so can't talk to them there either.

Reactions: BenE

jas0nt

Minimal Tinkerer
Jan 22, 2019

I emailed them last night asking the same question. Will edit this post when/if I hear back.

Edit: No response, surprise of the century...

Last edited:

vwr

Efficiency Noob
Dec 1, 2017
Guys, I have a doubt because I don't see any light on the power button: How do I properly connect the "LED cables" on an Asus rog x470-i please?

I a have a top hat L. Trying to install two HDD 3.5 there. Do you have any suggestion (tray, rack, etc.)?

Thanks!

François

Last edited:

B14CKB1RD

Average Stuffer
Dec 7, 2017
Guys, I have a doubt because I don't see any light on the power button: How do I properly connect the "LED cables" on an Asus rog x470-i please?

I a have a top hat L. Trying to install two HDD 3.5 there. Do you have any suggestion (tray, rack, etc.)?

Thanks!

François

For power button LED issue on AMD Asus boards just switch the white and grey wires.

You should be able to natively mount those drives to mounting platform with the M and L tophat.

Cheers!

vwr

Efficiency Noob
Dec 1, 2017
Thank you! (I was thinking that I tried both positions - white>grey, grey>white - but perhaps I did not)

Humm I inverted the two mounting platform I think.

I was thinking about stacking them at the beginning with this silicon vibration absorbing pocket https://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B07MKQQRPY/ref=crt_ewc_title_dp_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A22QHDRMZT6Q0O... but they run too hot (>50 C) so I will probly add two Noctua 120 NF-A12x15 FLX/PMW (the Sterox NF-A12x25 PWM will not left enough clearance I think)

Last edited:

loopaddiction

Chassis Packer
Dec 4, 2018
Has anyone who's received their S1 and had some kind of issue with it initiated a return with Louqe? If so, do they require you to cover the shipping?

I received my ash case the other day but it came with multiple cosmetic defects, including the paint being scratched off on the very front of the case. The packaging and interior styrofoam arrived in perfect condition, so i'm assuming it was a QC issue within the factory. Very disappointing.

I'm in the US, so shipping it back would be quite a hefty cost. Hoping Louqe is able to do right and cover the shipping themselves, but figured I would ask here for any personal experiences.

Checking back about this. Has anyone who's gotten a defective S1 received any support regarding a replacement? I e-mailed Louqe back in the beginning of December and they told me they would replace my S1. It's been 2 months now since I've received my S1 and it's just been sitting in the box unused. I've e-mailed them a couple times since then and they keep giving me the runaround. It takes at least a week for them to even reply to my e-mails. And when they do, they tell me they'll send me my replacement "soon" or "should be sending it out next week" but of course, still nothing. My experience with this company thus far has been extremely poor, especially considering the premium price and long wait/constant delays.

jas0nt

Minimal Tinkerer
Jan 22, 2019
I don't know why anyone would bother supporting these clowns and I can't see their business surviving for too much longer. The lack of before and after-care service is astounding. Support another case maker who deserves your money like Dan (I'm sure there are many others), who actually cares about their clientele.

Reactions: lawney

Demon Boy Jr

Average Stuffer
Sep 1, 2017
Checking back about this. Has anyone who's gotten a defective S1 received any support regarding a replacement? I e-mailed Louqe back in the beginning of December and they told me they would replace my S1. It's been 2 months now since I've received my S1 and it's just been sitting in the box unused. I've e-mailed them a couple times since then and they keep giving me the runaround. It takes at least a week for them to even reply to my e-mails. And when they do, they tell me they'll send me my replacement "soon" or "should be sending it out next week" but of course, still nothing. My experience with this company thus far has been extremely poor, especially considering the premium price and long wait/constant delays.

"We will try to ship them earlier. The replacement components have been produced, now we need to collect all the RMAs and pack everything correctly before we can send them out. Also the Chinese new year is a hurtle that might cause these replacements to be shipped end of February.

We are ramping up the team in 1:st march in hopes to have more time to do these other more stimulating projects. Then we will include the community all we can!"

From some reddit post I found 2 days ago

vwr

Efficiency Noob
Dec 1, 2017
With two NF-A12x15PMW (extract) on them, the 2 HDD 3.5 are now 33 C. I have to make these fans a little bit more silent with the Asus Suite. FYI: I didn't screw anything on the tophat (no Idea how to screw on the mounting platform two HDD 3.5, there is no clearance for that. Perhaps an elastic mod could do the job.)

About the feets, with the heat mine unsticks. I'm thinking about buying some acoustic isolation feet for the Ghost (even if I'm not sure how to screw them on the mounting plate), what's do you recommand guys?

By the way, cable management is a little bit tricky, but it's not a nightmare. Pretty happy by the final result.