Prototype The world most flexible SFF case? LOUQE Ghost S1

92MPAU

Cable Smoosher
Dec 12, 2017
You need the small top hat to fit 3 hard drives. Only one drive cage is provided under the PSU. If you use a SFX PSU you might be able to fit two by stacking the second drive on top of the cage with some double sided tape. I am thinking of doing this, by using a 2.5 HDD in the cage and a SSD stuck on top. Will wait and see if it fits.

Nope.

The drive cage fits 2 standard 2.5” drives on it natively (no need for tape) and the third drive resides behind the PSU on the spine natively.

Can’t fit anything larger than an SFX-L, and even with one the drive cage can still be fully utilised by raising the PSU on the spine.

Reactions: Bangle

Skarum

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Aug 21, 2018
Nope.

The drive cage fits 2 standard 2.5” drives on it natively (no need for tape) and the third drive resides behind the PSU on the spine natively.

Can’t fit anything larger than an SFX-L, and even with one the drive cage can still be fully utilised by raising the PSU on the spine.

Perfect. Thank you. I'd prefer to use one 2.5" drive and a fan for a bit better temperatures in the cage, so this is very good information. Cheers!

Reactions: Bangle

SeeFiFo

Average Stuffer
May 14, 2017
Can someone here, with access to Slack, ask about dust filters and if there are any plans for them?

IIRC, they will make filters with the correct dimensions available for order through Demciflex (a maker of high quality filters in South Africa), but there was also talk about Louqe providing their "own" (probably OEM) filters. Not sure what happened with the latter, but it's very likely put on hold until at least the first case batch has been delivered.

I used Demciflex filters with my Ncase M1 and they work very well, but they do restrict air flow quite a lot. For my Ghost S1 build, I'll initially skip filters entirely and clean out the dust from the inside when necessary instead (which shouldn't be much work in such a small case). If Louqe later release their "own" filters, and if they're good enough without too much air flow restriction, I might go for that.

Last edited:
Reactions: Beardedswede

enricko7

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 12, 2018
Anything else of importance from that Q & A? Thanks!

I was at work, so I didn't really get to follow along. I just saw a few questions while I was on lunch. Is there anything in particular you want to know about? I can search through the Slack to find some info.

Reactions: deadline

greyhound

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 21, 2018
here the answers of the Q&A

-Custom res is something we will have a closer look at after shipments have started, we have asked faggan to do a mad manifold-type-solution but honestly we have not had time to look at it.

-dust filters are have not been finalized yet

-we will need your updated address within the 10 coming days not to affect delivery time. If addresses do change after the end of August we will find a solution but it might be that the case has been shipped to the wrong continent and will take alot of time to find it's way home.

-2:nd batch is planned to start soon, we will need to await the initial feedback and make sure there are no major changes needed before we push the button. But we have perfected the case for so long now I'd be very surprised if any major changes will find their way in.

-This project is continuously evolving, directions change and opportunities arise along the way. It is hard to say where we will end up but the ambition is definitely to keep on pushing the expectations and over time be less dependent of crowd funding.

-US shipments will be shipped to a distribution center in the US, the same way EU orders are handled. The time line will be affected in the same way

-VAT should not be an issue for EU or US backers, meaning it should not affect you

-IO-tophats is another project that has been put on the back burner to free up more time and resources to focus on the fulfillment of the case itself. With things taking longer than anticipated the financial strain is increased and we need to be very careful with how we spend our (your) money.

-currently we 2,5 FTEs working directly for LOUQE + suppliers, no one is taking any salary (if that's what you were asking)

-Yes, the rest is done. Riser, PCB, power cord etc

Bangle

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 12, 2018
IIRC, they will make filters with the correct dimensions available for order through Demciflex (a maker of high quality filters in South Africa), but there was also talk about Louqe providing their "own" (probably OEM) filters. Not sure what happened with the latter, but it's very likely put on hold until at least the first case batch has been delivered.

I used Demciflex filters with my Ncase M1 and they work very well, but they do restrict air flow quite a lot. For my Ghost S1 build, I'll initially skip filters entirely and clean out the dust from the inside when necessary instead (which shouldn't be much work in such a small case). If Louqe later release their "own" filters, and if they're good enough without too much air flow restriction, I might go for that.

For dusting out cases i recommend this:
https://www.canlessair.com/

Its a bit expensive, but well worth the investment.

Reactions: Biowarejak

brianjjy

Chassis Packer
Feb 13, 2018
Will a 650watt or 600 sfx gold rated psu work for 5ghz 8700k and overclocked gtx 980ti? 980ti is running at 1450mhz. I have two monitors, 2ssd, 1hdd, and one 240mm aio. Also is it possible to fit sfx-l psu with an hybrid gpu and an 240mm aio? im thinking 240mm aio could go to bottom of the case and gpu rad on the top of the case just attached outside of the case since i dont really care about the look

Last edited:

greyhound

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 21, 2018
Will a 650watt or 600 sfx gold rated psu work for 5ghz 8700k and overclocked gtx 980ti? 980ti is running at 1450mhz. I have two monitors, 2ssd, 1hdd, and one 240mm aio. Also is it possible to fit sfx-l psu with an hybrid gpu and an 240mm aio? im thinking 240mm aio could go to bottom of the case and gpu rad on the top of the case just attached outside of the case since i dont really care about the look
just buy 2 L tophats.

btw you can not fit a 3.5 AND 2 SSD (maybe with some getto style double tape but i m not sure)

kittysox

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 8, 2017
I saw the original dual fan l12 is back on amazon. Not really sure why the demand for it as it won’t work with the bottom 92mm fan on bottom as it covers the inner most ram slot