Prototype The world most flexible SFF case? LOUQE Ghost S1

Skarum

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Aug 21, 2018
I saw the original dual fan l12 is back on amazon. Not really sure why the demand for it as it won’t work with the bottom 92mm fan on bottom as it covers the inner most ram slot

Can confirm. Just bought one in preparation of my (hopefully) future Louqe build. The version for sale now even comes with an AM4 mounting kit.

Also: I'm guessing it'll work will with RAM clearance on most boards. The question now is if you can fit two DIMM's and a A12x14 underneath the heatsink and if it'll perform better than the A9x25. Will have to do some testing! :)

deadline

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 9, 2018
Can confirm. Just bought one in preparation of my (hopefully) future Louqe build. The version for sale now even comes with an AM4 mounting kit.

Also: I'm guessing it'll work will with RAM clearance on most boards. The question now is if you can fit two DIMM's and a A12x14 underneath the heatsink and if it'll perform better than the A9x25. Will have to do some testing! :)

Where exactly did you buy the fan with mounting set? Can you link, please?

Hifihedgehog

Editor-in-chief of SFFPC.review
May 3, 2016
www.sffpc.review
Does anyone have the roughest of estimates for when public preorders will open up? Also, will these be delivered before December/Christmas? I am debating between the DAN Case A4-SFX and the Louqe Ghost S1.

lachoneus

Minimal Tinkerer
Jul 12, 2018
Yes there is no way to say that the ghost will be higher quality than the Dan A4. I also don't think it's even possible to be higher quality than the Dan simply because the Dan is made by Lian Li, so it's quality is excellent. They claim this first batch will be here is September, but realistically probably not. The second batch *might* be ready this year... If there is a second batch. But really your guess is as good as anyone's.

Reactions: Hifihedgehog

Hifihedgehog

May 3, 2016
www.sffpc.review
I figured as much. About the only thing that the Ghost has that the Dan doesn’t is the 66mm CPU cooler clearance, making it virtually identical to my RVZ02 in cooler compatibility. (The RVZ02’s official specification of 58mm is incorrect. 65mm coolers fit perfectly.) I could easily take my motherboard with its 65mm CPU cooler and drop it in. Quibbles? I detest that they omitted front panel I/O on the Ghost. Ignoring their iTrash Can, even Apple, in all their overinflated arrogance, has, generally speaking, front panel ports.

greyhound

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 21, 2018
Yes there is no way to say that the ghost will be higher quality than the Dan A4. I also don't think it's even possible to be higher quality than the Dan simply because the Dan is made by Lian Li, so it's quality is excellent. They claim this first batch will be here is September, but realistically probably not. The second batch *might* be ready this year... If there is a second batch. But really your guess is as good as anyone's.
well caselabs were notoriously made with an higher quality than lian li cases.
theorically the ghost should be superior as unlike the dan that is made out of bended 1.5mm alu the louqe is made out of extruded 3mm alu. on top of that (if made propely) the rail system for the side pannels is superior to the pin thingy used by the dan.
btw a review on a final product is still necessary to evaluate the quality of execution of these cases

I figured as much. About the only thing that the Ghost has that the Dan doesn’t is the 66mm CPU cooler clearance, making it virtually identical to my RVZ02 in cooler compatibility. (The RVZ02’s official specification of 58mm is incorrect. 65mm coolers fit perfectly.) I could easily take my motherboard with its 65mm CPU cooler and drop it in. Quibbles? I detest that they omitted front panel I/O on the Ghost. Ignoring their iTrash Can, even Apple, in all their overinflated arrogance, has, generally speaking, front panel ports.

the front i/o ports were avoided as most people didn't want them.
there was an optional tophat with i/o being developed but at the moment it has been stalled (they will probably go back to it once the case is released)

Hifihedgehog

May 3, 2016
www.sffpc.review
Last edited:

greyhound

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 21, 2018
Actually, what I have read, some of it in this very thread, was that Louqe made several decisions independent of the backers. As I understand, thus was met with backlash as explained here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/sffpc/comments/9afgx8/waiting_on_the_ghost_s1_mk2_by_louqe/e4v4wkj/
He is right.
But the i/o question was posted in the forums and most people answered that they didn t want any.

Other decisions were made without consulting the backers opinion (or even against backers opinion)

deadline

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 9, 2018

I'm very happy they omitted the ancient and ugly USB-A and headphone ports in the front.

deadline

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 9, 2018
Only amazon.de. Uk. US. And eBay, should be enough for you ?

I'm afraid not. I asked Noctua how to purchase one and got the reply: 'I'm afraid we cannot offer the NH-L12 in Switzerland and Norway. eBay and amazon both don't allow us to sell that product in your country. :-('

How hard can it be? XD

jaagdijot

Trash Compacter
Jan 29, 2018
Hi guys!

I am having some trouble getting a hold of the Louqe team by email for an order modification. I am trying to make a slight change to type of tophats I ordered before shipping and haven’t got a response yet.

Any tips or advice?

Skarum

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Aug 21, 2018
I'm afraid not. I asked Noctua how to purchase one and got the reply: 'I'm afraid we cannot offer the NH-L12 in Switzerland and Norway. eBay and amazon both don't allow us to sell that product in your country. :-('

How hard can it be? XD

Where are you at? I can order one and mail it to you, if you'd like. It'll be double shipping, though.