Bangle

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 12, 2018
probably gonna look like this.
2080 ti with Raytracing - 30fps.
1080 ti with Raytracing - 3 fps.

2080 ti without raytracing - 100 fps.
1080 ti without ractracing - 86 fps.
At what resolution? I'm guessing 1440p? I currently play 4k 60fps with the frame limit locked to 60fps. if its only going to be a 10/20% bump in fps i will stick to the 1080Ti. Raytracing whilst nice isn't yet worth to £600 asking price (if i sell my 1080Ti now). Shame as it doesn't look promising for fps increases. Lets wait and see i guess.

Reactions: Biowarejak

SeeFiFo

Average Stuffer
May 14, 2017
600W will be more than enough for a 2080Ti.

Yes, without a doubt (unless it's a cheap piece of shit psu that can't deliver enough power in short peak loads, and that's why Nvidia and every other manufacturer always play it safe with the recommended psu wattage).

I'd say even a good quality 450W psu should be enough in most cases.

Bangle

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 12, 2018
Yes, without a doubt (unless it's a cheap piece of shit psu that can't deliver enough power in short peak loads, and that's why Nvidia and every other manufacturer always play it safe with the recommended psu wattage).

I'd say even a good quality 450W psu should be enough in most cases.
Don't forget this is SFX we are talking about. ATX PSU's may be Ok. Didn't JayzTwoCents have an issue trying to run a 1080Ti on a 500w SFX PSU. Also i guess it will depend on whether you run a AIO and overclock. I would say will definitely need 650w for that kind of setup.

greyhound

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 21, 2018
Don't forget this is SFX we are talking about. ATX PSU's may be Ok. Didn't JayzTwoCents have an issue trying to run a 1080Ti on a 500w SFX PSU. Also i guess it will depend on whether you run a AIO and overclock. I would say will definitely need 650w for that kind of setup.
a 500w sfx psu is worth as much as a 500w atx psu.
probably the unit from jaz2cent video was faulty.

probably gonna look like this.
2080 ti with Raytracing - 30fps.
1080 ti with Raytracing - 3 fps.

2080 ti without raytracing - 100 fps.
1080 ti without ractracing - 86 fps.

yes a +20% in performances is the best case scenario for this new gen (it will be most likely close to 15%, maybe just above 10%)

SeeFiFo

Average Stuffer
May 14, 2017

No clue what was wrong with JayzTwoCents psu, but no, as far as I'm aware there's no reason why an ATX psu would have less problems with short peak power delivery than an SFX psu. But then I'm no psu engineer. Quality does matter though - never buy cheap-as-dirt psu's.

650W is definitely overkill.

Bangle

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 12, 2018
I Will try to wait intill 7nm. Bigger performance Jump, bettet Efficiency . Welp see IF i can wait.
Prices will need to to drop to £750 for the RTX2080Ti before i even think about getting one. Its currently £1,049 for the FE in the UK.

Last edited:

brianjjy

Chassis Packer
Feb 13, 2018
Im wondering If i could fit 2 rad (240mm and 120mm) with 2 large hats on the top and the bottom. It will be perfectly fine for 240mm cpu aio will fit but what about an hybrid gpu? is there going to be enough room for 120mm rad to cool gpu if theres a large hat on the bottom of the case and one on the top for cpu cooler? or is there room for a 120mm rad and a fan under the psu

Last edited:

Bangle

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 12, 2018
Im wondering If i could fit 2 rad (240mm and 120mm) with 2 large hats on the top and the bottom. It will be perfectly fine for 240mm cpu aio will fit but what about an hybrid gpu? is there going to be enough room for 120mm rad to cool gpu if theres a large hat on the bottom of the case and one on the top for cpu cooler? or is there room for a 120mm rad and a fan under the psu
It should work, but i think this config will come down how flexible the cables are on gpu AIO. If they can avoid touching the fans of the CPU AIO then it could work. Also depends is there will be enough space for all the tubing at the top of the case.

Last edited:
Reactions: Beardedswede

Beardedswede

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 9, 2018
Can someone here, with access to Slack, ask about dust filters and if there are any plans for them?
good request. I know that they have talked about it. But IM not up to date.
what i wanted to say though. Either way the community will make 3D printable. Dust filter attachments for generic pc dust filters I’m sure, should be a simple and affordable thing to do. :) Or give tips how to solve it in other ways.

I think they did that for tha Ncase m1 as well. Did there own solutions before the company released theirs .some just dubblesided taped it it to the door I believe.
https://******/images/FxzYUX

Last edited:

enricko7

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 12, 2018
Can someone here, with access to Slack, ask about dust filters and if there are any plans for them?

In Patrik's Q&A the other day he said, "Dust filters [are] have not been finalized yet."

A little ambiguous, but it also sounds like the side panels have locations for dust filters. I'd guess that double sided tape is probably the best short term way to add filtration for those that are concerned about it.

edrenmarc

Trash Compacter
Sep 28, 2017
From what I’ve seen on slack almost all the add ons are on hold to prioritize getting the 1st batch of cases out. Unless if anyone else has heard different.