Prototype The world most flexible SFF case? LOUQE Ghost S1

SeeFiFo

Average Stuffer
May 14, 2017
Thanks! I'm not too worried about size (I've checked it will fit), but more worried about potential heat issues. These are, after all, some of the hotter (literally) cards on the market. Any advice on how to best deal with that?

There's usually nothing to worry about when it comes to blower style coolers, I'd say. Heat shouldn't be an issue but noise may very well be. That's why I never use blower style coolers; the noise, the horrible screaming noise. :D

Also, as far as my own experiments go, adding case fans to supply a blower style cooler with air has never made any significant difference in gpu temperatures.

Reactions: Biowarejak

pcm

Chassis Packer
Aug 2, 2018
I like the limestone but I'm not 100% sold on it. Its either that or the black one. I am also checking every day but not every 30 minutes. They had all 3 colours available when you got it?

Yes, they had all 3 colours in stock (only for a short time).
I was also deliberating between ash and limestone but thought the limestone would be less susceptible to finger prints.
However, the ash looks great with the copper / gold top :)
Tough decision! :)

Bangle

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 12, 2018
I was actually planning to get a large tophat for watercooling the CPU (Ryzen 7), and I'll get a Kraken 52 as recommended by Jayz. Will this benefit my whole system? I'm quite new to PC-building, and certainly to the SFF scene.

Tack!
I have the kraken 52 currently cooling a 1700x. Not impressed with the install and pump noise. Plus the CAM software (which you are forced to use) is a pile of garbage. At one point the wouldn't read the CPU temp past 41c. So I had to use hardware monitor to check temps. If they still do it. I would say the factual design s24 will be better and cheaper.

greyhound

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 21, 2018
Anodization will start next week and take 3 days,
After that eu cases will be shipped in uk and then to us (total timeframe 3 weeks)

Not sure about the timing for rest of the world

Last edited:

Beardedswede

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 9, 2018
Where are people getting the end of September shipping date?? All Louqe said in their email to backers was they will ship in September.
yeah exactly, they said September, and if you get a case now you probably get in the end of the line. So probably not getting your case in the beginning of September, that's why I said the end of september, Felt like a good calculated guess. + shipping time depending on where you live

Last edited:

Bangle

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 12, 2018
yeah exactly, they said September, and if you get a case now you probably get in the end of the line. So probably not getting your case in the beginning of September, that's why I said the end of september, Felt like a good calculated guess. + shipping time depending on where you live
Fair enough :)

deadline

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 9, 2018
I have the kraken 52 currently cooling a 1700x. Not impressed with the install and pump noise. Plus the CAM software (which you are forced to use) is a pile of garbage. At one point the wouldn't read the CPU temp past 41c. So I had to use hardware monitor to check temps. If they still do it. I would say the factual design s24 will be better and cheaper.

Thanks, that's very useful to know! Thing is, i love myself a little bit of bling (colours thru the perforated sidepanel looks wicked). Would this one work, you think?

Bangle

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 12, 2018
Thanks, that's very useful to know! Thing is, i love myself a little bit of bling (colours thru the perforated sidepanel looks wicked). Would this one work, you think?
Dimensions look smaller than the Kraken 52, and pump and tubing design is similar. So it will probably fit. But as always without testing I can't guarantee it will fit :). Does it come with an AM4 bracket?

deadline

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 9, 2018
Dimensions look smaller than the Kraken 52, and pump and tubing design is similar. So it will probably fit. But as always without testing I can't guarantee it will fit :). Does it come with an AM4 bracket?

Website says it will be delivered with 'Accesory Pack of Scews and brackets', and since Asus makes mITX 470 mobos, I'm sure there will be AM4 brackets. Thanks a lot!

dumplinknet

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 26, 2018
Anodization will start next week and take 3 days,
After that eu cases will be shipped in uk and then to us (total timeframe 3 weeks)

Not sure about the timing for rest of the world
Update: another delay.
This was actually a personal email sent to one of their backers. This information was not made public. But with that said, delayed again by another couple of weeks.

Beardedswede

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 9, 2018
When will we mere mortals be able to get our hands on one, you reckon? Any advice? :)
I talkad to Loque and they Said they didn’t know yet. Focusing on first batch. But probably preorders end of September when they sent out the first batch. And then delivery end of year. November possibly. But that they will decide later when they are ready for new orders.