Prototype The world most flexible SFF case? LOUQE Ghost S1

Bangle

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 12, 2018
Didn't they say in the email that they are getting soon starting the next phase, anodization. And will get the final samples in a week or two. So it's hard to show any photos before that.

They said, '...In a week or two we’ll get the final samples of all three colors before we OK the next phase of production: anodization...' Nothing about posting pics. Although I said happy to wait for pics when the final sample are ready.

Bangle

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 12, 2018
Speaking of cooling. Would there be a disadvantage of placing a AIO at the bottom of the case. I was thinking of having the AIO at the bottom and two 120mm fans on top, all pushing air out of the case.

fleetfeather

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 20, 2017
Speaking of cooling. Would there be a disadvantage of placing a AIO at the bottom of the case. I was thinking of having the AIO at the bottom and two 120mm fans on top, all pushing air out of the case.

They're generally nosier if the rad is placed below the pump/block height, due to microbubbles formed while transporting the product from the warehouse to your address

Reactions: Biowarejak

Bangle

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 12, 2018
I wouldn't think of it as an increase in Db but the addition of a separate, distinct noise (bubbles gurgling)
I see. I did notice this once in a while when i was using a Phanteks Evole Shift case. Had a H80v2 mounted at the bottom. Now i know why.

Will it affect temps?

Damascus

Master of Cramming
Feb 27, 2018
I see. I did notice this once in a while when i was using a Phanteks Evole Shift case. Had a H80v2 mounted at the bottom. Now i know why.

Will it affect temps?
Should't hurt temps, though I would probably just test your planned config + a flipped version

Reactions: Bangle

Tim

Cable Smoosher
Nov 27, 2017
It will be good idea to test also Thermolab LP53 with new Noctua expands 5V fan line-up
https://noctua.at/en/noctua-expands-5v-fan-line-up-2018

Last edited:

hobow0lf

Case Bender
Jul 12, 2018
Is there any way to get in on this case after the fact? This thing is amazing! I'm ready to take someone's spot LOL! I've email and messaged on Facebook. I'm determined to get this case. I love the modularity of it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Biowarejak

Biowarejak

Maker of Awesome | User 1615
Platinum Supporter
Mar 6, 2017
Welcome to the forum to the both of you. Yes, they closed the preorders so that they could finalize everything.

Reactions: Illumna97

Alexander

Average Stuffer
Jun 24, 2018
Is there any way to get in on this case after the fact? This thing is amazing! I'm ready to take someone's spot LOL! I've email and messaged on Facebook. I'm determined to get this case. I love the modularity of it.

You'll have to join the mailing list with the rest of us and pray for a potential space!

Reactions: hobow0lf

SeeFiFo

Average Stuffer
May 14, 2017
They're generally nosier if the rad is placed below the pump/block height, due to microbubbles formed while transporting the product from the warehouse to your address

Interesting, I've never heard of this. If true it does make sense though, since the bubbles would float up to the pump, while they would instead end up in the radiator if the radiator is placed above.

What would be the cause of these bubbles forming during transit, and why wouldn't they re-dissolve into the coolant after a while anyway?

fleetfeather

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 20, 2017
Interesting, I've never heard of this. If true it does make sense though, since the bubbles would float up to the pump, while they would instead end up in the radiator if the radiator is placed above.

What would be the cause of these bubbles forming during transit, and why wouldn't they re-dissolve into the coolant after a while anyway?

You're following the logic.

Some will redissolve, and but likely not all. I'm not super down with the physics of it all, but someone a long time ago told me the bubbles form due to pressure changes (assuming cargo is travelling over air, I guess) but many of those bubbles won't reabsorb again unless they can be moved into an area that has less turbulence (AKA a pocket of air in the radiator, rather than inside the pump area).

Definitely happy to be corrected if someone has better ideas. I've noticed that AIOs installed on the floor tend to be louder in my own experience, but i've never really questioned the rationale for it...

SeeFiFo

Average Stuffer
May 14, 2017
You're following the logic.

Some will redissolve, and but likely not all. I'm not super down with the physics of it all, but someone a long time ago told me the bubbles form due to pressure changes (assuming cargo is travelling over air, I guess) but many of those bubbles won't reabsorb again unless they can be moved into an area that has less turbulence (AKA a pocket of air in the radiator, rather than inside the pump area).

Definitely happy to be corrected if someone has better ideas. I've noticed that AIOs installed on the floor tend to be louder in my own experience, but i've never really questioned the rationale for it...

Sounds perfectly reasonable, and as you say air transport is the most likely culprit.

But that also implies that the problem may be fixable, by initially running the AIO with the radiator above the pump for a while to allow as much of the bubbles as possible to redissolve, before finally mounting the radiator below. Would be interesting to test.

Reactions: Alexander

EdZ

Virtual Realist
May 11, 2015
There will be some trapped gasses in any fluid*, and to some extent some free gas within the loop helps with temperature and pressure compensation (easier to squash a gas pocket than try and stretch the tubing itself, which may result in fittings loosening).

* Unless you perform degassing (like ultrasonic or vacuum) and keep it in a sealed container until filling a sealed system, and your sealed system never has any leaks or porosity. So basically never in any practical system not using aerospace-grade parts and with an explicit pre/post-purge filling sequence.